+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR applying for US H1B Interview

vidhu003

Dec 28, 2017
Hi All,

My husband recently became a Canadian PR but he is still living in the US. He is currently applying for his H1B visa interview in Vancouver and the online DS-160 visa form has a question "I am a Non Canadian Citizen residing in Canada who has completed the U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa application (DS-160) form and want to apply for a visa".

Should he consider himself as a resident of Canada while answering this question?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi All,

My husband recently became a Canadian PR but he is still living in the US. He is currently applying for his H1B visa interview in Vancouver and the online DS-160 visa form has a question "I am a Non Canadian Citizen residing in Canada who has completed the U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa application (DS-160) form and want to apply for a visa".

Should he consider himself as a resident of Canada while answering this question?

Yes.

Minta1

Jan 3, 2019
Hi All,

Hey Vidhu- wondering what your husband ended up doing? Did he indicate he resides in Canada on the basis of his PR? Was it easier to get an interview date that way? I am on an H1B and on the same boat. Have a PR and looking for a date in Canada for H1B interview/stamping.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Did the declare you in his PR application?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi All,

I am going to presume he has completed his PR landing formalities...then yes

vidhu003

Dec 28, 2017
Hey Vidhu- wondering what your husband ended up doing? Did he indicate he resides in Canada on the basis of his PR? Was it easier to get an interview date that way? I am on an H1B and on the same boat. Have a PR and looking for a date in Canada for H1B interview/stamping.
Hi,

We reached out to the consulate and received direction from them that he should declare himself as a Canadian Resident. We are yet to schedule the interview, hopefully it should be easier this way

Reactions: Minta1