+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Police Records Check, Please help

Dec 16, 2016
Okay so they cleared my medical and asked me for police records check from Canada. I went to a commisionaries,got my fingers prints two weeks back and i received a letter from RCMP stating I have no criminal records. Is that it? Or should I also get vulnerable police records check? Its asking me to upload rcmp police check and another one for criminal record check. Aren't both the same?

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
I am also requested a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate. I applied for RCMP Clearance certificate in Jan, before uploading the documents.
After reading several posts I realized it is not required to upload upfront. WHEN CIC requests for it then we need to provide the document.

In my report I have an issue. it says:

This certifies *MR.XXX* concerning applicant whose name and date of birth appear below could not be associated to an existing Criminal record.
This also certifies that a search by the RCMP using the same fingerprints has resulted in a POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION to immigration fingerprints registered under the file number indicated below.

Will this be an Issue? I went to CBSA and they pulled up my information using my SIN/UCI. They informed me that there is nothing wrong with my background. I provided my fingerprints in 2013 when I applied for Student Visa from back home so maybe that could be the reason? CBSA Officer also assured me not to worry as CIC will also not find anything strange.

But the problem is we will need to give explanation for this to CIC when uploading document. And since I am not 100% sure myself what this positive identification is, what explanation can I give them?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys that is all you need just upload the scan of that RCMP report and thats all