+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Permanent Resident lost Indian Passport

HVA

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
I lost my Indian Passport in Amsterdam but I'm a Canadian PR and I have a flight booked for monday 20th August to fly back to Toronto. I have my PR card with me.
Can someone please help me with the process to enter Canada? I have no clue.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So you have a new passport now then given without a passport you will not be boarding any flight anytime soon regardless whether you have a PR card, you will not even get past checkin. So entering Canada is not an issue if you have a new passport and your PR card.

Last edited:

HVA

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
So you have a new passport now then given without a passport you will not be boarding any flight anytime soon regardless whether you have a PR card, you will not even get past checkin. So entering Canada is not an issue if you have a new passport and your PR card.
Yes but I cannot get a new passport now. All the Indian Embassy can issue is a travel document - but that would only give me a single entry to India.
Would the embassy of Canada give me an emergency travel document?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes but I cannot get a new passport now. All the Indian Embassy can issue is a travel document - but that would only give me a single entry to India.
Would the embassy of Canada give me an emergency travel document?
Canada issues Certificates of Identity to PRs who can't otherwise obtain a passport or travel document. As your country will issue you a document, you are not likely to qualify. Even if you do, it will likely take weeks to be issued.

grooby

Aug 19, 2014
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 July 2014
Doc's Request.
Awaiting
Nomination.....
04 November 2014(CC Charge)
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-11-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
19-02-15
Interview........
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon !!
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Eagerly Awaiting
Did you manage to figure out a way?

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
I can share my experience - I lost my passport and PR card both in May of this year in Spain. When i went to Indian Embassy they gave me two options:

1. To either get an Emergency Certificate to go back to India and apply for passport from there or,
2. To wait in Madrid, Spain for a new Indian passport to arrive from India.

I decided to go back to India, applied for my passport from there. And got a PRTD and then flew back to Canada.

The second option would've looked like so:

1. Wait for Indian passport to arrive from India.
2. Apply for PRTD in Paris, France
3. Wait for PRTD and then fly back to Canada.