+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian passport received: Info to complete manually

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Hello,

I finally received my Canadian passport and I want to make sure I complete it right: The small guide I got with the passport mentions something about completing page 4 where you have to enter your address and emergency contact person info. What happens if you move or your contact moves and the address changes? Is that okay?

Thanks.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Life goes on even if your emergency contact moves or changes number. Unlikely anyone has changed their passport if their emergency contact person's details change. There are simpler ways for the authorities to locate emergency contacts than looking at your passport. The ubiquitous cell phone is the first thing they go through.

Reactions: iceman55

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Life goes on even if your emergency contact moves or changes number. Unlikely anyone has changed their passport if their emergency contact person's details change. There are simpler ways for the authorities to locate emergency contacts than looking at your passport. The ubiquitous cell phone is the first thing they go through.
Not to mention, it's optional to fill out the emergency contact details so some significant number probably aren't even filling it out.

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hello,

I finally received my Canadian passport and I want to make sure I complete it right: The small guide I got with the passport mentions something about completing page 4 where you have to enter your address and emergency contact person info. What happens if you move or your contact moves and the address changes? Is that okay?

Thanks.
Fill that with pencil, so you can change that if needed.

• Haha
Reactions: iceman55

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Fill that with pencil, so you can change that if needed.
Too late, I filled it out using a pen (as they advised on the brochure sent with the passport). If something changes in the meantime so be it, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it lol