+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadian passport processing time without any flight booked (Montreal,Quebec)

Zaza8800

Jul 16, 2020
Hi everyone

does anyone knows how long it takes to get the canadian passport without a flight booked for Montreal, quebec , have anybody applied before , because processing time don't seem to be accurate ?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi everyone

does anyone knows how long it takes to get the canadian passport without a flight booked for Montreal, quebec , have anybody applied before , because processing time don't seem to be accurate ?
30 days roughly

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi everyone

The Passport program received my application on August 13 but have not yet opened my application and its a month now.
The website says 20 business days but that's during normal days.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
The Passport program received my application on August 13 but have not yet opened my application and its a month now.
The website says 20 business days but that's during normal days.
In my case too passport application received by passport office on 13th August 2020 at 12.10 pm no file is reported have been created. On reply to my inquiry that applications received on 11 nd 12 August has been dealt with ,customer care officer informed that from 11th August 2020 onward unexpected large volume of passport applications have been received and processing of my application may take another two weeks. I hv no other alternate than to wait.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
And with flight booked?
Regular passport application does not require flight to be booked. So I applied without a flight booking.

Only in case if you require a passport due to an emergency you need to provide them with the booking details.

You may find the list of documents required to apply for a regular passport in this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/apply.html

If you require a passport for an emergency then refer to this link for additional requirements: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/passport.html