+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport of Sponsor Clear Copy

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry just re-read this thread. It is confusing.

1. You mentioned you received TRV refusal letters. Which boxes were checked in the refusal letter?

2. You mentioned about a Procedural Fairness letter. That letter is issued before the final approval/refusal decision is made. If you received a Procedural Fairness letter and then received the TRV refusal letter, you have probably been banned for misrepresentation. Do confirm which refusal reasons were checked.

3. You should have sent the good scan + birth certificates + explanation when you received the Procedural Fairness letter, not now. If you have a simple refusal (no ban for misrepresentation), you must reapply from scratch. If you have been banned then it is pointless to reapply until the 5-years ban has passed

robmarcelo

Nov 6, 2018
I would recommend you send the birth certificates as well to prove your relationship + an explanation.

This is a very serious matter. You would not want to risk sending a hurried response to the Procedural Fairness letter
Thanks Bryanna for taking time to response.

I have sent both copies of our birth certificate and a cleared Canadian passport copy of my brother. Also, explained our relationship in a clear manner.

I’m hoping this would help to approve the case.

How long it will take for the VO to response on this matter?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna for taking time to response.

I have sent both copies of our birth certificate and a cleared Canadian passport copy of my brother. Also, explained our relationship in a clear manner.

I’m hoping this would help to approve the case.

How long it will take for the VO to response on this matter?
It would help if you answer my previous post

robmarcelo

Nov 6, 2018
Sorry just re-read this thread. It is confusing.

1. You mentioned you received TRV refusal letters. Which boxes were checked in the refusal letter? For clarification, I received Procedural Fairness Letter. It is not TRV refusal letter. Sorry for confusing you. Apology.

2. You mentioned about a Procedural Fairness letter. That letter is issued before the final approval/refusal decision is made. If you received a Procedural Fairness letter and then received the TRV refusal letter, you have probably been banned for misrepresentation. Do confirm which refusal reasons were checked. As stated on your question 1, no TRV refusal letter received from the VO.

3. You should have sent the good scan + birth certificates + explanation when you received the Procedural Fairness letter, not now. If you have a simple refusal (no ban for misrepresentation), you must reapply from scratch. If you have been banned then it is pointless to reapply until the 5-years ban has passed
I have sent the high quality scan passport along with our birth certificates by email and an explanation letter of our relationship.

Again, Bryanna than you for taking time to response and clear this matter.

Please advise if I still have the chance to get approval after I sent the required documents and explanation letter.

Regards,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have sent the high quality scan passport along with our birth certificates by email and an explanation letter of our relationship.

Again, Bryanna than you for taking time to response and clear this matter.

Please advise if I still have the chance to get approval after I sent the required documents and explanation letter.

Regards,
1. Have the boxes for A16 and A40(1) been checked on your TRV refusal letter?

2. Which boxes have been checked on your TRV refusal letter?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's quite unusual. Anyways.

Unfortunately, it seems like you've been banned for misrepresentation. In almost all cases that we've seen on here, a Procedural Fairness letter is a precursor to a ban for misrepresentation.

You should have sent these documents when you received the Procedural Fairness letter. Sending any documents now is pointless if you've been banned or even if you have simply been refused a TRV.

I recommend you order GCMS notes. Else, you must email your local visa to request them to inform you about the reasons for your refusal

robmarcelo

Nov 6, 2018
That's quite unusual. Anyways.

Unfortunately, it seems like you've been banned for misrepresentation. In almost all cases that we've seen on here, a Procedural Fairness letter is a precursor to a ban for misrepresentation.

You should have sent these documents when you received the Procedural Fairness letter. Sending any documents now is pointless if you've been banned or even if you have simply been refused a TRV.

I recommend you order GCMS notes. Else, you must email your local visa to request them to inform you about the reasons for your refusal
As previously mentioned, I received a procedural fairness letter and not refusal letter. There are no check box on section 16 and 40.

I don’t think there is misrepresentation on my case.

I have sent the required documents upon receiving the procedural fairness letter.

Is it clear or still confused?

Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As previously mentioned, I received a procedural fairness letter and not refusal letter. There are no check box on section 16 and 40.

I don’t think there is misrepresentation on my case.

I have sent the required documents upon receiving the procedural fairness letter.

Is it clear or still confused?

Regards
You mentioned you received both.... a TRV refusal letter (your first post) + a Procedural Fairness letter

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
How long usually it takes to get an update from the VO after submitting the supporting documents?
There's no specified time for updates/decisions after Procedural Fairness letters are issued.

It could even take several months + a few requests to IRCC for a decision

smile 15

Jun 20, 2018
Dear Bryanna,
My mother had applied for trv but refused on the grounds that u are banned for 5 years but the earlier refusal letter says ban for 2 years from january 2015 which ended in Jan 2017
How does it happen. We have letter saying 2 years of ban.
what is the cause and how to rectify it
please help