+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

thewaitinggame90

Dec 12, 2017
I have the exact same timeline as you, sent Feb 1, delivered Feb 2, CC Charged Feb 17, and called them last Friday and confirmed it is approved and under printing. Will try to call again in a couple of days. Please let me know if you got any updates and I'll do the same.
Oh perfect. I will try to call on Wednesday or Thursday to check in. Hopefully we see some movement by then!

munderdifflin

Mar 1, 2022
I’m done boys and girls. Exactly one month after application’s delivery to Gatineau, got my passport hand delivered today along with the citizenship certificate. (Different envelopes but same Canada Post man delivered both) here you go

- Application Sent: February 4, 2022
- Application Delivered: February 7, 2022
- Passport Printed: March 3, 2022 (issue date)
- Passport Tracking Details received: N/A
- Passport Received: March 7, 2022
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received: March 3, 2022 (after calling them of course)
- Citizenship Certificate Received: March 7, 2022 (together with passport, different envelope)
- CC was charged on March 2, 2022.

No calls to guarantors, references, etc. No additional docs requested.

Will be answering questions if you need help so ask away! Thanks for the continued support!

M.Wagih

May 24, 2015
I’m done boys and girls. Exactly one month after application’s delivery to Gatineau, got my passport hand delivered today along with the citizenship certificate. (Different envelopes but same Canada Post man delivered both) here you go

- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received: March 3, 2022 (after calling them of course)
- Citizenship Certificate Received: March 7, 2022 (together with passport, different envelope)

Will be answering questions if you need help so ask away! Thanks for the continued support!
Congratulations!! Did you need to sign when receiving them or just got them in your mailbox?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I called and there were nearly 400 ahead of me. I waited 1hr 20 mins as I work from home and can do so. You're so right though, I actually sent a tracking request through the site last month around the 25th and have gotten no response yet. I have only gotten information from calling them frequently. I travel on the 18th and they were going to transfer my file to my local office and they stopped it since the file was approved. It's so disorganized.
Can we ask for the passport and certificate to be delivered together and no separately? From what I see, the certificate, if sent separately, can take weeks to arrive after the passport. I have travel plan on the beginning of April, and I may not be here for the certificate if it's delayed ...

So, I understand, there is a space to write your inquiry in the webform? I thought it's all select and fill specific fields to get only status update: not received, in examination, approved ... only

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Congratulations. So in your case CC charge and printing happened not far away from each others.

Reactions: munderdifflin

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa ...though based out of India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Hi All,

Here are my timelines :

App Sent: Feb 8th
App Delivered: Feb 11th
CC charged: NA
Web Status Request : March 2nd
Web Status Response received : NA
Passport received: NA

Going to touch almost a month but my CC is not yet charged. Haven't received any response for my Status Request till now . Any one in the same boat like me ?

kapil_takeit_easy

Jul 15, 2016
Here is my question - I am applying for passport (renewal but new application) for my child from USA. For guarantor I am choosing the pediatrician of my child who knows us from more than two years.. We know the doctor at a professional level (Patient Doctor relationship). is that something that qualifies for a guarantor ? what kind of verification does passport office do when they call for verification ? any help will be appreciated. TIA.

Ps: I am assuming this thread also accommodate questions for Passport application from USA. If not please share if someone has the link for applications from USA. would also like to know the application times for apps from USA too.

purbagp

Mar 7, 2022
Application sent- Feb 10
Application Received- Feb11
Cc charged: NA

I am checking everyday Credit card charge but nothing yet. I am hoping they will charge credit card soon, so that I can book my vacation.

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa ...though based out of India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Application sent- Feb 10
Application Received- Feb11
Cc charged: NA

I am checking everyday Credit card charge but nothing yet. I am hoping they will charge credit card soon, so that I can book my vacation.
Cool ...so not just me . Lets hope they do it soon. Highly Disappointed with this system ...no way to track . They dont respond to Status Queries !!

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Guys, for God's sake! the desperation here is insane! Just wait patiently! your passport and certificate will get to you when they do. I see people here freaking out and they applied barely 2 weeks ago. If you have a genuine reason to need your passport urgently then contact them and they will process your request. If you need to travel simply because you "want to", you just have to patiently wait! We all have families in other countries that we haven't seen in a long time, but we just have to wait because we were all aware that this process would be long when we started it. now all you can do is be patient! knowing that you're almost done.
If they already told you that your passport is approved and in printing, why would you call them again? the tracking information is nice to have but it's not indispensable. Then you go and complain that you have to wait on hold for a long time when you call them, exactly because people keep calling them unnecessarily!
Leading up to the oath ceremony they specifically tell you not to finalize any travel plans until you have your certificate and your passport. If you did anyway then don't get mad at them, you did it knowingly at your own risk.
If your application is taking longer than 20 business days (that is 4 full weeks), then and only then you can submit a status request and they'll give you an update. If the response you get is "it's approved and will be printed soon" then that's it. Just wait!!!

nasadadadsa

Mar 3, 2022
Here is my question - I am applying for passport (renewal but new application) for my child from USA. For guarantor I am choosing the pediatrician of my child who knows us from more than two years.. We know the doctor at a professional level (Patient Doctor relationship). is that something that qualifies for a guarantor ? what kind of verification does passport office do when they call for verification ? any help will be appreciated. TIA.

Ps: I am assuming this thread also accommodate questions for Passport application from USA. If not please share if someone has the link for applications from USA. would also like to know the application times for apps from USA too.
Review this for additional info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html#outside-canada

However, it does seem that pediatrician would be fine, given that they allow medical doctors. As for being called by the Passport Office, it seems like the majority of the time they don't even bother to call. It would be difficult to find information in that regard, given that so few have had their references/guarantor called.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Here are my timelines :

App Sent: Feb 8th
App Delivered: Feb 11th
CC charged: NA
Web Status Request : March 2nd
Web Status Response received : NA
Passport received: NA

Going to touch almost a month but my CC is not yet charged. Haven't received any response for my Status Request till now . Any one in the same boat like me ?
I’m in the same boat with you buddy. Application reached on Feb 9, up till now not even CC charged. I wish I waited out for in person appointments. The whole system is a fucking joke.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I’m in the same boat with you buddy. Application reached on Feb 9, up till now not even CC charged. I wish I waited out for in person appointments. The whole system is a fucking joke.
I wish I knew they will open passport offices. I would have waited. In-mail option was the only option then. Bad luck

Reactions: tgman