Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefully I am not annoying this thread with my updates lol but successfully got in touch with the Passport Program today and was able to obtain my tracking # for the citizenship certificate. Passport is in production stage so no tracking number for it yet. Lady said give it a week or two and should be delivered. Got my file # as well

- Application Sent: February 4, 2022
- Application Delivered: February 7, 2022

- Passport Printed: ?
- Passport Tracking Details received: ?
- Passport Received: ?
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received: March 3, 2022
- Citizenship Certificate Received: ?

(Canada Post tracking for citizenship certificate says tracking number not found. Expected though)

Lady also said that I am lucky to have my passport nearly processed despite the fact that 20 biz days are yet to be surpassed.o_O Asked me to submit a Webform on March 15th or so if I don't see my passport by then. That's all for now folks. Hopefully everybody here is done with this process soon! :)
Thank you very much for a detailed updates. It helps.

Reactions: munderdifflin
Mar 1, 2022
Anyone apply to Mississauga? I've seen very few people post about it; it seems like I might be a minority/
I did.

Application sent: Feb 4, 2022
Received: Feb 10, 2022 - I live in super rural area of BC. No passport office to drop off/pick up anywhere 8 hours of drive nearby.
No payments processed as of today, March 3, 2022.
Received generic email yesterday (for online status request sent on Feb 23, 2022).
Called the passport general line today. Was told that they have emailed the person in charge, who will be in contact in the next few business days. Asked me to get travel itinerary ready to be faxed over when they call. Travelling March 17, 2022. Nail bitting situation.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hopefully I am not annoying this thread with my updates lol but successfully got in touch with the Passport Program today and was able to obtain my tracking # for the citizenship certificate. Passport is in production stage so no tracking number for it yet. Lady said give it a week or two and should be delivered. Got my file # as well

(Canada Post tracking for citizenship certificate says tracking number not found. Expected though)

Lady also said that I am lucky to have my passport nearly processed despite the fact that 20 biz days are yet to be surpassed.o_O Asked me to submit a Webform on March 15th or so if I don't see my passport by then. That's all for now folks. Hopefully everybody here is done with this process soon! :)
How long did it take to get hold of an agent? I would prefer if they send the certificate and passport together.

nasadadadsa

Mar 3, 2022
I did.

Received: Feb 10, 2022 - I live in super rural area of BC. No passport office to drop off/pick up anywhere 8 hours of drive nearby.
Received generic email yesterday (for online status request sent on Feb 23, 2022).
Called the passport general line today. Was told that they have emailed the person in charge, who will be in contact in the next few business days. Asked me to get travel itinerary ready to be faxed over when they call. Travelling March 17, 2022. Nail bitting situation.
Best of luck. I'm in a similar boat. Sent mine on the 23rd and it was received on the 28th. I know it's too early to tell, but I have plans to travel in the beginning of April and I hope I can get my passport in time.

munderdifflin

Mar 1, 2022
How long did it take to get hold of an agent? I would prefer if they send the certificate and passport together.
Unfortunately doesn't look like it would happen in my case. Hopefully you get both of them together. The lady clearly stated that the certificate will go out before the passport. I called at around 2 PM CST and had to wait around an hour and 20 minutes. 330 or so callers ahead of me. Ensure to have a list of questions prepared haha. Cause you wait for so long that you don't even remember what you needed to ask :p Any updates for you? Crossing my fingers for you since your travel dates are approaching soon :confused:

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Unfortunately doesn't look like it would happen in my case. Hopefully you get both of them together. The lady clearly stated that the certificate will go out before the passport. I called at around 2 PM CST and had to wait around an hour and 20 minutes. 330 or so callers ahead of me. Ensure to have a list of questions prepared haha. Cause you wait for so long that you don't even remember what you needed to ask :p Any updates for you? Crossing my fingers for you since your travel dates are approaching soon :confused:
Thanks. An hour and 20 minutes is too long to wait over the phone. I don't have the patience. I wish there was a webform-like for the passport application where we could enter our specific questions in a box and get customized answers by email. Still nothing for me. It has been less than 2 weeks for me. I am hoping to see some progress at the 2 weeks mark. Glad things are in the final stages for you. Almost there

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Best of luck. I'm in a similar boat. Sent mine on the 23rd and it was received on the 28th. I know it's too early to tell, but I have plans to travel in the beginning of April and I hope I can get my passport in time.
I am the same. Now I am thinking maybe if I had waited until I am close to travel, and then took in-person appointment, that would have been better. But now it's just a waiting game, and we hope things go smoothly without any unexpected delays.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I did.

Wow, what a situation. You would expect to have your passport before March 14th when you applied Feb 4th, but not in Canada and with passport Canada. Did you put the travel date on your application? I put unknown, but I think I should have put April to let them know I am not extremely flexible to delay my application only because it's not urgent

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Hello I'm new on here taken my oath today desperately need to travel back to Mexico to visit my family is there any timeline that it takes to get a Canadian passport from Etobicoke area

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
I really don't understand why I can't re-enter Canada with my Mexican passport and proof of Canadian citizenship which makes it so complicated

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017

Hopefully when I applied it will be quick as well I really need to get back home to see my family

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi All, i have sent my documents via canadapost xpress to the below address as i live in British columbia. but now i see that people here mail to the quebec address instead. Will that be a problem? I am really worried that my documnents will be lost.. :(

By Mail from British Columbia,
Yukon, Northwest territories or Nunavut
Passport Program
PO Box 4000 STN LCD 3
MISSISSAUGA ON L5K 0A9
CANADA

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Hi All, i have sent my documents via canadapost xpress to the below address as i live in British columbia. but now i see that people here mail to the quebec address instead. Will that be a problem? I am really worried that my documnents will be lost.. :(

By Mail from British Columbia,
Yukon, Northwest territories or Nunavut
Passport Program
PO Box 4000 STN LCD 3
MISSISSAUGA ON L5K 0A9
CANADA
You did it right. Since you live in BC that is the office you're supposed to sent it to. Don't worry

tarekh

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
You can request application status here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx

I would say that a reasonable time would be after 15 or 20 business days after your application was delivered

Yes it is normal that the tracking says that it was delivered to Ontario instead of Quebec. the same happened with my application and a lot of people in this forum have had the same experience
I have the same experience. Mine was delivered to Ottawa as well.