+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
It shows again that there is a total lack of organization, order, efficiency and just basic decency to provide at least a reasonable service. And they know that they can work however they want to, without worrying being held accountable. Total impunity. Disgrace.
I was thinking once we are citizens things would be different. I wonder if they provide the same services to "truly" Canadians or just for us new citizens :rolleyes: I am surprised to see services like this in Canada. Below par at all levels and across the board

Reactions: tgman

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was thinking once we are citizens things would be different. I wonder if they provide the same services to "truly" Canadians or just for us new citizens :rolleyes: I am surprised to see services like this in Canada. Below par at all levels and across the board
I think you made a very accurate description of things here especially "Below par at all levels and across the board" no matter how qualified you are.

Reactions: CaBeaver

munderdifflin

Mar 1, 2022
Hi folks, brand new here!

- Application Sent: February 4, 2022
- Application Delivered: February 7, 2022
- Passport Printed:
- Passport Tracking Details received:
- Passport Received:
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received:
- Citizenship Certificate Received:

I recently sent a status update request and got a sort of generic response today:
"Thank you for your message. We have received your passport application. Your file is in examination. Due to the pandemic...blah blah. For info please call .....We trust this information is of assistance to you"

Just sharing, thanks. :)
Something to add for me. This morning at about 7:30 AM CST my CC was charged for $160 under "Passport/Passeport, North York, ON" :) Although I havent been able to contact them yet (over the phone) I think sending that webform a few days ago helped.

action.me

May 7, 2021
So you are suggesting that somehow they are able to sort applications based on new citizens and purposely delay their applications. I am just trying to imagine how a policy like that can and would be drafted and also be implemented at such a scale especially with a liberal govt running the country.

Just to remind you, the govt offices in any country function the same way. Lol

action.me

May 7, 2021
Something to add for me. This morning at about 7:30 AM CST my CC was charged for $160 under "Passport/Passeport, North York, ON" :) Although I havent been able to contact them yet (over the phone) I think sending that webform a few days ago helped.
There you go. Give it about 3 weeks roughly and your passport should be in your hands.

Reactions: munderdifflin

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
If I knew, I would have waited 10 days to apply in-person. Much better. Faster. More reliable.
If by mid March you do not see any activity regarding your application, I suggest you try getting your file transferred to local office. I know this is possible because I read someone did it. You can get a ticket to qualify for express service considering you are travelling anyways. Depending upon the appointment you get and your actual travel date, you may not even need express service.

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
So you are suggesting that somehow they are able to sort applications based on new citizens and purposely delay their applications. I am just trying to imagine how a policy like that can and would be drafted and also be implemented at such a scale especially with a liberal govt running the country.

Just to remind you, the govt offices in any country function the same way. Lol
It's easy to sort out new citizens by seeing what applications have citizenship certificate. I am suggesting they are scrutinizing us more. It isn't enough IRCC scrutinizes us for years.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
If by mid March you do not see any activity regarding your application, I suggest you try getting your file transferred to local office. I know this is possible because I read someone did it. You can get a ticket to qualify for express service considering you are travelling anyways. Depending upon the appointment you get and your actual travel date, you may not even need express service.
I will see how things progress. Hopefully, with offices open now, in-mail applications progress faster.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I have now filed a complaint online with the passport office.
My application was delivered January 4 th. I called February 21 st and was told the back of my I’d wasn’t signed by guarantor. I was informed they didn’t know why I wasn’t contacted about it. In addition a few days after my call, befor I sent the fedex, I received an email response to my inquiry (before I called) that the file was in process.
i fedexed the document needed and it was delivered February 28 th. The fax was busy for two days, thus I did fedex. Tried to call to check on it today and 330 calls ahead. So I submitted the complaint because I don’t trust the person with my file to contact me if anything else is needed.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I have now filed a complaint online with the passport office.
My application was delivered January 4 th. I called February 21 st and was told the back of my I’d wasn’t signed by guarantor. I was informed they didn’t know why I wasn’t contacted about it. In addition a few days after my call, befor I sent the fedex, I received an email response to my inquiry (before I called) that the file was in process.
i fedexed the document needed and it was delivered February 28 th. The fax was busy for two days, thus I did fedex. Tried to call to check on it today and 330 calls ahead. So I submitted the complaint because I don’t trust the person with my file to contact me if anything else is needed.
Good for you. Messy and unreliable service. They should be held accountable for their unreliability

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
It's easy to sort out new citizens by seeing what applications have citizenship certificate. I am suggesting they are scrutinizing us more. It isn't enough IRCC scrutinizes us for years.
It might be the case that when they receive an existing passport in the application, they can approve more quickly just because it's clear the person has had their identity & citizenship verified previously. I would always kind of expect when you apply for your first passport (whether as a born or acquired citizenship) the process is a little slower.

munderdifflin

Mar 1, 2022
Hopefully I am not annoying this thread with my updates lol but successfully got in touch with the Passport Program today and was able to obtain my tracking # for the citizenship certificate. Passport is in production stage so no tracking number for it yet. Lady said give it a week or two and should be delivered. Got my file # as well

- Application Sent: February 4, 2022
- Application Delivered: February 7, 2022

- Passport Printed: ?
- Passport Tracking Details received: ?
- Passport Received: ?
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received: March 3, 2022
- Citizenship Certificate Received: ?

(Canada Post tracking for citizenship certificate says tracking number not found. Expected though)

Lady also said that I am lucky to have my passport nearly processed despite the fact that 20 biz days are yet to be surpassed.o_O Asked me to submit a Webform on March 15th or so if I don't see my passport by then. That's all for now folks. Hopefully everybody here is done with this process soon! :)