Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
My application has reached on Feb 9th and nothing since. CC not charged yet. Talked to them yesterday after 1 hour and 15 min wait on the phone-nothing useful, bla bla bla- contact us some time next week. This kind of service is really appalling. I have no words.
Strange, All they are working is on the ppl who have priority and travel plans imo.... Patience since many months of citizenship and now this.... lol

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
This is concerning. I wonder why they say 20 business days for in-mail applications if this is not guaranteed. I am worried now since I have travel plans in April, and if this is delay in opening a file is common this would mean I may miss my travel window. They opened in-person applications yesterday. If I knew, I would have waited 10 days to apply in-person. Much better. Faster. More reliable.
When did you drop your application?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Most applications don't experience significant delays. unfortunately, a few applications do. I'm sure you'll get your passport in time for your trip, but in the off chance that your application is facing delays, if you see that your trip is coming up and you still don't have your passport you can submit an urgent processing request and they should be able to expedite your case.
Thanks for the comment. The thing is my travel is not urgent. It's more of a wish-to travel to see my parents on a special religious occasion since I haven't seen them for 3+ years. From what I saw, Feb applicants experience delays. Those who applied in January got their passport in a calenderer month. I hope these cases are the exceptions and not the norm since those who report on these forums are few. I don't want to deal with them over the phone and wait for hours to speak with an agent, and transfer my file to a local office. They may not send my certificate with it, and then I would have to wait for my certificate ... etc. Someone else asked for urgent processing for the passport after in-mail application, and then waited 2 weeks or more to receive their certificate by mail. Bad experiences are all over the place.

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
About 10 days ago
Similar timeline almost .... only patience is the key now.... They opened Walk in but only if you travel within 3-25 business days with proof of travel.

Reactions: CaBeaver

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks for the comment. The thing is my travel is not urgent. It's more of a wish-to travel to see my parents on a special religious occasion since I haven't seen them for 3+ years. From what I saw, Feb applicants experience delays. Those who applied in January got their passport in a calenderer month. I hope these cases are the exceptions and not the norm since those who report on these forums are few. I don't want to deal with them over the phone and wait for hours to speak with an agent, and transfer my file to a local office. They may not send my certificate with it, and then I would have to wait for my certificate ... etc. Someone else asked for urgent processing for the passport after in-mail application, and then waited 2 weeks or more to receive their certificate by mail. Bad experiences are all over the place.
I'm on the same boat as you. I also wish to travel in April or May to see my family. Nothing urgent, I just haven't seen them since 2019 because of the pandemic. Let's hope we get out passports soon.
Well, February applicants can't claim experiencing delays yet because it's been less than a month since they mailed in their applications. Based on what I've seen on this thread, it takes an average of 5 weeks or so to get your passport after submission.
Keep in mind that the passport office probably gets thousands of applications every month. You hear of a few bad experiences here and it makes you feel like it's chaos, but it's very likely a small percentage of the total of applications they process every month. You just don't hear from most of the successful cases.
After my citizenship ceremony I was worried about my certificate because I read here that some people face huge delays and the courier allegedly lost their documents, etc. But then I received my certificate barely a week after my ceremony.
My advice is to not worry or freak out until you absolutely have to. The process varies a lot from case to case. Let's be a bit more patient. we're at the very last step. we'll all have our passports soon!

Reactions: eager and CaBeaver

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
Hello All,

Here is my timeline, my CC got charged few minutes ago...

- Application Sent: February 5th, 2022
- Application Delivered: February 9th, 2022
- CC Charged: March 2nd, 2022 (Description: SC Passport Varennes)

Keeping my fingers crossed...
Awesome, Mine was delivered at 14th.. Means time is nearby ... :)

Reactions: eager

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
We have the same timeline, if you could please let me know of any update that you recieve would be great :)
For sure, will update... same to you :)

Reactions: eager

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hi! Is there a spreadsheet to track this?
I don't think it would be that useful; basically, for people who have the process go without issues, it's pretty consistent right now:

Sent day 0
Delivered by day 4
CC charged by day 20
New passport arrives by day 40

If it doesn't follow that timeline, it's pretty much random how long it takes. I'd start getting concerned any time you miss one of those relatively conservative timeframes and try calling.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is concerning. I wonder why they say 20 business days for in-mail applications if this is not guaranteed. I am worried now since I have travel plans in April, and if this is delay in opening a file is common this would mean I may miss my travel window. They opened in-person applications yesterday. If I knew, I would have waited 10 days to apply in-person. Much better. Faster. More reliable.
It shows again that there is a total lack of organization, order, efficiency and just basic decency to provide at least a reasonable service. And they know that they can work however they want to, without worrying being held accountable. Total impunity. Disgrace.