+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Tried calling today out of curiosity. Multiple attempts. My first call in the afternoon got dropped 48 minutes after waiting in queue. Another one got dropped 10 minutes after and another one 27 minutes after. I finally tried calling at 7:50 PM EST hoping that the queue would not be as long and the automated message said that the office is closed (10 minutes before the closing time, hmmm) So yeah no success but can't do much. Waiting game :)
Try tomorrow at 7 am.

action.me

May 7, 2021
Tried calling today out of curiosity. Multiple attempts. My first call in the afternoon got dropped 48 minutes after waiting in queue. Another one got dropped 10 minutes after and another one 27 minutes after. I finally tried calling at 7:50 PM EST hoping that the queue would not be as long and the automated message said that the office is closed (10 minutes before the closing time, hmmm) So yeah no success but can't do much. Waiting game :)
Wonder why your calls would drop. They can clear 400 calls in about an hour, it's not really that big of a deal as conversations are short and quick. It's mostly impatient people who send their application and start calling who also know what the agent will tell them but they call anyways.

Your application is beyond the standard tho so you 100% should call and talk to them. CC is usually charged anywhere between 15-19 days roughly which has passed in your case.

munderdifflin

Mar 1, 2022
Wonder why your calls would drop. They can clear 400 calls in about an hour, it's not really that big of a deal as conversations are short and quick. It's mostly impatient people who send their application and start calling who also know what the agent will tell them but they call anyways.

Your application is beyond the standard tho so you 100% should call and talk to them. CC is usually charged anywhere between 15-19 days roughly which has passed in your case.
Right. Makes sense. I mean I hope they're only delaying my application because they're focusing on people who need it urgently. I am fine with that. But at some point, I obviously wanna know what's going on with it haha. I'll try again early morning like CaBeaver said. I tried calling through 2 different cellphones too. Same issue with the drops. Thought it would be common among people here

regalkp123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021

This is the response I have gotten

"Thank you for your message of March 02 2022. Although we could have received your application, it has not been examined yet nor has a file been created in your name. If you sent your passport application via courier or registered mail, we recommend that you communicate with the courier service provider in order to confirm that your passport application was delivered at the Passport Program.

Due to the pandemic, there may be some delays in the processing times of passports.

For information concerning your passport application, please call 1-800-567-6868. We trust this information is of assistance to you."

My application was received on Feb 08,2022

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver
Mar 1, 2022

"Thank you for your message of March 02 2022. Although we could have received your application, it has not been examined yet nor has a file been created in your name. If you sent your passport application via courier or registered mail, we recommend that you communicate with the courier service provider in order to confirm that your passport application was delivered at the Passport Program.

Due to the pandemic, there may be some delays in the processing times of passports.

For information concerning your passport application, please call 1-800-567-6868. We trust this information is of assistance to you."

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
It seems they have dropped the travel requirement for booking an appointment for the passport application. Bad timing for us who just applied, but I hope this at least will mean faster processing for the in-mail applications.
I just sent mine. It is expected to be delivered today. After rushing to have it sent now I wish I did not rush :)

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14

I received the same response yesterday. My application dropped on 15 Feb.... This is awful that since so many days, nothing happened.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the same response yesterday. My application dropped on 15 Feb.... This is awful that since so many days, nothing happened.
My application has reached on Feb 9th and nothing since. CC not charged yet. Talked to them yesterday after 1 hour and 15 min wait on the phone-nothing useful, bla bla bla- contact us some time next week. This kind of service is really appalling. I have no words.

• Sad

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
My application has reached on Feb 9th and nothing since. CC not charged yet. Talked to them yesterday after 1 hour and 15 min wait on the phone-nothing useful, bla bla bla- contact us some time next week. This kind of service is really appalling. I have no words.
This is concerning. I wonder why they say 20 business days for in-mail applications if this is not guaranteed. I am worried now since I have travel plans in April, and if this is delay in opening a file is common this would mean I may miss my travel window. They opened in-person applications yesterday. If I knew, I would have waited 10 days to apply in-person. Much better. Faster. More reliable.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

They say the file will be process after 10 business days after it's been delivered. It's been more than that in your case. I don't know why they put these timelines in their website if they are not followed

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
This is concerning. I wonder why they say 20 business days for in-mail applications if this is not guaranteed. I am worried now since I have travel plans in April, and if this is delay in opening a file is common this would mean I may miss my travel window. They opened in-person applications yesterday. If I knew, I would have waited 10 days to apply in-person. Much better. Faster. More reliable.
Most applications don't experience significant delays. unfortunately, a few applications do. I'm sure you'll get your passport in time for your trip, but in the off chance that your application is facing delays, if you see that your trip is coming up and you still don't have your passport you can submit an urgent processing request and they should be able to expedite your case.