Hi folks, brand new here!

- Application Sent: February 4, 2022
- Application Delivered: February 7, 2022
- Passport Printed:
- Passport Tracking Details received:
- Passport Received:
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received:
- Citizenship Certificate Received:

I recently sent a status update request and got a sort of generic response today:
"Thank you for your message. We have received your passport application. Your file is in examination. Due to the pandemic...blah blah. For info please call .....We trust this information is of assistance to you"

Just sharing, thanks. :)

Reactions: M.Wagih

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

- Passport Printed:
- Passport Received:

I recently sent a status update request and got a sort of generic response today:
"Thank you for your message. We have received your passport application. Your file is in examination. Due to the pandemic...blah blah. For info please call .....We trust this information is of assistance to you"

No CC charge yet or you used another payment method?

munderdifflin

Mar 1, 2022
No CC charge yet or you used another payment method?
Hey, not yet. I randomly called them today to see what the status of wait times is but the message said something like close to 400 callers ahead of me lmao. Disconnected right away. Might try sometime this week and will update here
Edit: Yes I put my CC info on the application

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey, not yet. I randomly called them today to see what the status of wait times is but the message said something like close to 400 callers ahead of me lmao. Disconnected right away. Might try sometime this week and will update here
Edit: Yes I put my CC info on the application
I heard you need to call at 7 am to have a good chance to get through. This is insane. After 2+ years into the pandemic and federal service still operating as if we are still in the 1st month of the pandemic. 400 callers is crazy. This means they are not answering calls as fast as they come. I thought once I become a citizen, I won't experience the delays I did with IRCC. Wrong :confused: Extreme delays and difficulty reaching agents for inquiries

• Sad
Reactions: munderdifflin

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
When I first was trying to figure a way to get an in person appointment, I got the call from them, and the impression I got was that they don't expect this to be used just because you feel like travelling; it's for stuff like "I have to travel for a funeral or a wedding or unmissable business appointment", where you're going to book it and take your chances.
Do you think funeral and wedding are not imporant?

munderdifflin

Mar 1, 2022
I heard you need to call at 7 am to have a good chance to get through. This is insane. After 2+ years into the pandemic and federal service still operating as if we are still in the 1st month of the pandemic. 400 callers is crazy. This means they are not answering calls as fast as they come. I thought once I become a citizen, I won't experience the delays I did with IRCC. Wrong :confused: Extreme delays and difficulty reaching agents for inquiries
Yeah mate. I agree with you. Thanks for the tip. I’ll try to somehow call super early.

Reactions: leopardortiger

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
End of my journey:

Application mailed: Jan 25th
Received: Jan 27th
CC charged: Feb 14th
Passport+Certificate received in the same package: Feb 28th

Around 21 business days overall.

All the best everyone!
Congratulations. Did they call the guarantor/references?

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Guys, if you honestly need to travel soon then you can go apply in person with your proof. If you don't need to travel right away then wait it out! your passport will come when it comes. why the rush? Not having your passport in your hand does not affect your everyday life in any way. I get that it's annoying to wait but it's not the end of the world. Just be patient, your passport will arrive when it does

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Guys, if you honestly need to travel soon then you can go apply in person with your proof. If you don't need to travel right away then wait it out! your passport will come when it comes. why the rush? Not having your passport in your hand does not affect your everyday life in any way. I get that it's annoying to wait but it's not the end of the world. Just be patient, your passport will arrive when it does
Some of us have travel plans after 25 business days. When we apply, we apply based on the announced timeline, namely 20 business days. If it takes significantly more than that, it interferes with our plans, and potentially ruining them.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
It seems they have dropped the travel requirement for booking an appointment for the passport application. Bad timing for us who just applied, but I hope this at least will mean faster processing for the in-mail applications.

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
It seems they have dropped the travel requirement for booking an appointment for the passport application. Bad timing for us who just applied, but I hope this at least will mean faster processing for the in-mail applications.
Yeah, i just saw that. Bad timing on our part but oh well, we have no choice but to wait now. Good for those who can apply in person now

Reactions: CaBeaver

munderdifflin

Mar 1, 2022

- Passport Printed:
- Passport Received:

Tried calling today out of curiosity. Multiple attempts. My first call in the afternoon got dropped 48 minutes after waiting in queue. Another one got dropped 10 minutes after and another one 27 minutes after. I finally tried calling at 7:50 PM EST hoping that the queue would not be as long and the automated message said that the office is closed (10 minutes before the closing time, hmmm) So yeah no success but can't do much. Waiting game :)

• Sad
Reactions: M.Wagih