Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Received my passport today. Here is my timeline

Mailed in : Jan 24 (from Toronto, ON)
Delivered : Jan 25
Passport Fee charged: Feb 8
Call from Passport Office: Feb 20 (Sunday) to confirm my place of birth
Passport Received: Feb 25
I have very similar timeline. So I was very excited to check my mailbox today but sadly it was empty! Hopefully next week for me!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yeah - I was expecting one more week (at least) by seeing the trends in this thread.

No, they didn't call my guarantor/references.
I hope this means they are getting more efficient and quicker. They say 20 business days + mail time on their website, but 40+ days is more than that.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I have a question regarding the city of birth: I discovered that I wasn't writing it in English correctly on my applications (PR, PR renewal ... etc) (the country of birth is correct). For my passport application because I realized it appears on the Canadian passport I did some research and discovered I need to change one letter to be the same as the official English name (the same number of letters, I just need to change one letter to be written accurately in English). So, in my passport application I wrote the accurate name in English. I have never used the city of birth before in any document. It doesn't appear in my current passport, and it doesn't appear in my birth certificate even. Will this cause any issue with my passport application, since in my records, the city of birth I have been entering in my previous applications is different by one letter? The pronunciations of both words are almost similar.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I have a question regarding the city of birth: I discovered that I wasn't writing it in English correctly on my applications (PR, PR renewal ... etc) (the country of birth is correct). For my passport application because I realized it appears on the Canadian passport I did some research and discovered I need to change one letter to be the same as the official English name (the same number of letters, I just need to change one letter to be written accurately in English). So, in my passport application I wrote the accurate name in English. I have never used the city of birth before in any document. It doesn't appear in my current passport, and it doesn't appear in my birth certificate even. Will this cause any issue with my passport application, since in my records, the city of birth I have been entering in my previous applications is different by one letter? The pronunciations of both words are almost similar.
I appreciate any response on this. I am planning to travel in April, and I am afraid this will cause some issues and delay my application. At worst, I will ask them to write it as it appears on record. Not a big deal, but I don't want to go through a long path of correcting my records by submitting an official form ... etc. I don't have any official proof of the correct name, since as I mention the city of birth doesn't appear on any official document I have. I used Google map to find the correct writing of name in English only when I realized the city of birth appears on Canadian passports.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Proof you need the passport can be

• an airline, bus or train ticket
    • If travelling by car, a written statement explaining why you need to travel
  • a travel itinerary showing proof of payment
  • proof of illness or death in the family requiring you to travel
  • a written statement from you or a third party explaining why you need the passport
    • For example, for legal, banking or residency requirements
If we can’t deliver the passport in time to you or your child, we aren’t liable for any losses.

We recommend that you don’t finalize any travel plans until you get your passport.

On one side they ask you to provide prrof of Airline bus or train ticket and again they say "Do not finalise any travel plans untill you get passport !!!"

LOL what an irony. How to get In person appintment then

• Haha
Reactions: rubz9911

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
I appreciate any response on this. I am planning to travel in April, and I am afraid this will cause some issues and delay my application. At worst, I will ask them to write it as it appears on record. Not a big deal, but I don't want to go through a long path of correcting my records by submitting an official form ... etc. I don't have any official proof of the correct name, since as I mention the city of birth doesn't appear on any official document I have. I used Google map to find the correct writing of name in English only when I realized the city of birth appears on Canadian passports.
I don't think this will cause a problem. I don't believe they verify this particular piece of information, even if they do, they would probably assume it to be a typo.
For your own piece of mind, you could call the passport office a few (maybe 3) weeks after submission to find out how it is going. However, if your credit card gets charged before then, you can safely assume that all is well.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I don't think this will cause a problem. I don't believe they verify this particular piece of information, even if they do, they would probably assume it to be a typo.
For your own piece of mind, you could call the passport office a few (maybe 3) weeks after submission to find out how it is going. However, if your credit card gets charged before then, you can safely assume that all is well.
Thanks for the reply. I hope they go with the application only. I will wait a couple of weeks and see what will happen. If they call I will explain it. If they don't, it means it's not an issue for them. So, if CC is charged, this means everything is OK? Not just for the city of birth, but for everything else?

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Just the first 3 pages, copy of ID, citizenship certificate (original), 2 photos, and the fees (cut the part where you enter the cc details in page 4). You don't include the checklist itself as in other applications
Sounds good. Thanks. I cropped the fee part from all the applications and pasted it in one page using Word so I can cut and include just that :)

Tihompra01

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 April 2015
AOR Received.
15 May 2015
File Transfer...
12 June 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
22-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-10-2016
There are currently 331 callers ahead of you. :oops:

How do we even reach them?
Call around after 7 PM usually or as soon as office opens, I caught them with just 35 callers ahead it hardly took 15 min to talk with the operator

Reactions: diana98

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
I suppose you meant 7 am. 7 am and there was 35 callers? Don't they have the option to call back?
Hello no option for call back, either call at 7:30am, be on the phone 7:30am as if you call 7:29am or before the answering machine will tell the offices are closed called many times at 7:30am and talked to agent within 5 min and just i wanna wish you good luck to have an agent awake and focusing on your questions in the morning, the agent who answered me he was not awake but I pushed him to focus and open his eyes. so be careful and make sure he is understanding you can call also before they close at 7:30 PM it will be some calls but even after 8 pm if you are on the line they answer to clear the Queue but sometimes line will cut, i received my passport and certificate but i keep an eye on this thread i like to help good luck.

Reactions: CaBeaver