+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
For Mail-In applications, do you guys take two sided or one sided while printing out the application ? I saw somewhere that one sided is preferable.

Also, do you guys submit all the pages including the instructions page or just the first 4 pages up to the page where you provide CC details ?

Not trying to be cheap with extra papers here, I just don’t like using a lot of papers where it’s not needed.
I just submitted the first 3 pages (as the intructions suggested) along with the payment section on page 4 (the section that is suggested to be cut out with scissors)

Last edited:
Reactions: PumpkinJack

bimmerm3m5

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Apologies if this has been asked, but is there a Google Sheet tracking these requests? Lots of good stats in this giant thread, but would be nice to see a general sheet with these stats, including in-person passport requests. I've no idea who manages the Citizenship application sheet, but that's a super useful set of data to gauge timelines.

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
For Mail-In applications, do you guys take two sided or one sided while printing out the application ? I saw somewhere that one sided is preferable.

Also, do you guys submit all the pages including the instructions page or just the first 4 pages up to the page where you provide CC details ?

Not trying to be cheap with extra papers here, I just don’t like using a lot of papers where it’s not needed.
I printed my application one sided. But I don’t think it’s a deal if you print on both

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Apologies if this has been asked, but is there a Google Sheet tracking these requests? Lots of good stats in this giant thread, but would be nice to see a general sheet with these stats, including in-person passport requests. I've no idea who manages the Citizenship application sheet, but that's a super useful set of data to gauge timelines.
No I don’t think there is a tracker. But it would be nice if there was.

Last edited:

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Received my passport today. Here is my timeline

Mailed in : Jan 24 (from Toronto, ON)
Delivered : Jan 25
Passport Fee charged: Feb 8
Call from Passport Office: Feb 20 (Sunday) to confirm my place of birth
Passport Received: Feb 25
Congrats. Question on the place of birth.

Did you mention the state/province to your place of birth ? If so, did they print that out in your passport along with city and country of birth ?

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
My citizenship/passport journey ends today. Finally received my passport (certificate came with it as well together thankfully) today. Almost 2 years to the day. Just around a week short. What a long and at times frustrating and stressful journey it has been. But it's finally here. I'm a relieved man. Thanks to everyone for answering my questions along the way.

To the people who are still waiting, hang in there. I know it takes forever, but it's worth it. Almost there!

roq

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Congrats. Question on the place of birth.

Did you mention the state/province to your place of birth ? If so, did they print that out in your passport along with city and country of birth ?
Yeah - in passport application I had written "CityName, Province/State" (same as CoPR form). They called me to confirm the city name as they were not sure about city vs state. In the printed passport, only city is printed along with the country code ie, "CityName, CountryCode".

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
My citizenship/passport journey ends today. Finally received my passport (certificate came with it as well together thankfully) today. Almost 2 years to the day. Just around a week short. What a long and at times frustrating and stressful journey it has been. But it's finally here. I'm a relieved man. Thanks to everyone for answering my questions along the way.

To the people who are still waiting, hang in there. I know it takes forever, but it's worth it. Almost there!
Congratulations. Could you share your timeline for the passport? Also, did they call the guarantor/references?

Reactions: diana98

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Just the first 3 pages, copy of ID, citizenship certificate (original), 2 photos, and the fees (cut the part where you enter the cc details in page 4). You don't include the checklist itself as in other applications

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Received my passport today. Here is my timeline

Mailed in : Jan 24 (from Toronto, ON)
Delivered : Jan 25
Passport Fee charged: Feb 8
Call from Passport Office: Feb 20 (Sunday) to confirm my place of birth
Passport Received: Feb 25
This is the first one in a while that was finished in almost a month and not 40+ days. Congratulations. Did they call the guarantor/references in your case?

Reactions: diana98

roq

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
This is the first one in a while that was finished in almost a month and not 40+ days. Congratulations. Did they call the guarantor/references in your case?
Yeah - I was expecting one more week (at least) by seeing the trends in this thread.

No, they didn't call my guarantor/references.

Reactions: CaBeaver