Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just received a pick up notice from Canada Post today.
Thanks for sharing. I think that the whole application process is ridiculously long und unjustified. How in the world it can take more than 40 days just to verify docs and print a passport? Gross inefficiency and blunt incompetency from passport office. Some walkins got they passport in couple of days. No system, no fairness, no nothing.

Reactions: yaacoub89

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello All,

I have a question regarding guarantor call.
My guarantor got call from passport office today, and he made small mistake about questions being asked.

Will it be a problem on my passport application?
What kind of questions they asked your guarantor? and what kind of mistake they made?

Last edited:

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
I’m 100% sure that you need to provide the original birth certificate if the child is born in Canada. This is also proof of their citizenship.

I’m not sure if the child born outside Canada. My assumption is they just need a copy as it’s not explicitly stated anywhere.
Thanks for responding.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
requires signature, I wasn't home, that might be the reason. Just picked them up, both passport and citizenship certificate.
Good they send the passports Xpresspost. The certificates came with the same envelopes as the passports, or different? As far as I know they send them separately.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
They asked about my eye color, height, employment information, address , etc.

My guarantor made small mistake on my eye color and my height.
The only way the guarantor to know your exact height is by you telling them. Passport Canada should know this. I think as long as the height your guarantor gave is close, that should be OK. As for the eyes colors, again if they gave close description that's OK. This requirement is silly to be honest to expect someone else to know you that well. Even couples living together sometimes don't know this much details about each others.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Thanks for the response. I suppose since my credit card was charged, everything should be fine and they don't need any additional info? I'm waiting until this Friday. If there's nothing in the mail still, I'll give them a call. Also, did you get the passport and certificate together or separately?
Hello no unfortunately charging your CC does not mean all is okay, they may need anything during the processing and they do not call, lot of people have their card charged and after it they find out that there is missing/needed info required and no one told them and no one called them and they find out by calling the passport program and the agent told them about it which was pending since many days ago.

No for me i did not receive my passport and certificate together but i heard some other folks receive them together despite they say they send it separately, me i transferred my file to a local office and i received my passport in service Canada office and paid urgent processing fees, my certificate took them 2 weeks to send it back to me after lot of calls to them and escalation with supervisor and complaints they send it back to me finally, in your case you can expect them together or separate few days from each other.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Still waiting for my child's passport since application delivered in Gatineau on December 30th 2021

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
It doesn't get delivered to your mailbox?
some buildings like where i live have Canada post big mailboxes secured with keys and numbers and letters so the mailman can leave a key in your apartment mailbox(small one for regular mail) and you take it and open a separate big Canada post mailbox and take your package this will be a secure way for important packages such as passports and certificates, but some other regular mailboxes and where this big keyed secure mailbox not available the mailman leave a notice so you need to go to post office to get your thing and sign because the xpress post including your passport and certificate it is signature required.

Note: you can for example sign up for the Canada post automatic tracking so if a package is in your name and destination your address Canada post will trigger an email to you and it will be added to your tracking packages automatically so this way you can know if something on the way to you i tried it and it works. i was waiting for a package from bank and once issued and received by Canada post they sent me directly a tracking number so in this case you can avoid calling them for tracking numbers of passport and certificates thought to let you know :)

Last edited:
Reactions: aaq94 and diana98