+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Sorry there is no correct answer to this but some receive it after 1 week some 2 weeks some they wait more i was charged on the 20th Jan 2022 i waited two weeks after it nothing sent to me i was traveling and i was not expecting it will take this much time after that i requested urgent processing and add to that they kept my certificate with them or somewhere for 2 weeks until i requested them to return it to me and talked to supervisor and filed a complaint about it.
It is all in the hand of the officer who is working on the file he maybe will be in the mood to work so he complete the application if he is not in the mood he will delay delay delay until he get the mood to do it and complete your application and approve it he send you the passport and the certificate the bottom line here keep calling every five days to check the application and do not leave it some other folks there was an issue in their application and waited waited waited and when they call they informed them oh we need this info from you to continue the application so no one will call if there is a problem or they need anything sorry to be so dramatic but this is what it is and after my experience i give them one star only at least i got my passport for 10 years to stay away from this mess. good luck all the best
Agree, I did the online email request for status and was told it was in process. Then I waited six weeks and called and that’s when they said they needed something. And that they needed it since feb 2nd. They didn’t call, email or write a letter to me. It was just sitting there. Yesterday is when I found that out. Tried to fax the info today and could never get anything but a busy signal. So tomorrow I will send it by fed ex.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Agree, I did the online email request for status and was told it was in process. Then I waited six weeks and called and that’s when they said they needed something. And that they needed it since feb 2nd. They didn’t call, email or write a letter to me. It was just sitting there. Yesterday is when I found that out. Tried to fax the info today and could never get anything but a busy signal. So tomorrow I will send it by fed ex.
Yes it is a mess! and COVID made it worse, just when you get the passport you will wish you never deal with them again.

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
Sorry there is no correct answer to this but some receive it after 1 week some 2 weeks some they wait more i was charged on the 20th Jan 2022 i waited two weeks after it nothing sent to me i was traveling and i was not expecting it will take this much time after that i requested urgent processing and add to that they kept my certificate with them or somewhere for 2 weeks until i requested them to return it to me and talked to supervisor and filed a complaint about it.
It is all in the hand of the officer who is working on the file he maybe will be in the mood to work so he complete the application if he is not in the mood he will delay delay delay until he get the mood to do it and complete your application and approve it he send you the passport and the certificate the bottom line here keep calling every five days to check the application and do not leave it some other folks there was an issue in their application and waited waited waited and when they call they informed them oh we need this info from you to continue the application so no one will call if there is a problem or they need anything sorry to be so dramatic but this is what it is and after my experience i give them one star only at least i got my passport for 10 years to stay away from this mess. good luck all the best
Thanks for the response. I suppose since my credit card was charged, everything should be fine and they don't need any additional info? I'm waiting until this Friday. If there's nothing in the mail still, I'll give them a call. Also, did you get the passport and certificate together or separately?

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hi everyone,
When applying for my kid's Canadian passport by mail, should I include a copy of the proof of parentage or the original?

My understanding from reading the instructions is that the original should be sent. Am I correct?

Thanks.
Bumping this up as I did not get a response.

Thanks.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015

Thanks.
I’m 100% sure that you need to provide the original birth certificate if the child is born in Canada. This is also proof of their citizenship.

I’m not sure if the child born outside Canada. My assumption is they just need a copy as it’s not explicitly stated anywhere.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Hi All,
If I’m apply for passport as a family, can I send all the applications in the same envelope or only one application per envelope?

A

abdisarockstar

Hi All,
If I’m apply for passport as a family, can I send all the applications in the same envelope or only one application per envelope?
I sent mine with my brother's kids. 3 applications in total, I put each one in a separate envelope, sealed them all then put them all in one big envelope from Canada Post and sent it off to Gatineau

Reactions: PumpkinJack

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hi everyone, my passport form was received by the Gatineau office on Feb 14th. Reading the posts from other people I just realized that I might have missed guarantor signature on the back page of the license copy. Should I call the passport office to make sure they don't sit on my application and I can fax/mail them the signed copy or should I wait for them to reach out ? Kindly suggest.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone, my passport form was received by the Gatineau office on Feb 14th. Reading the posts from other people I just realized that I might have missed guarantor signature on the back page of the license copy. Should I call the passport office to make sure they don't sit on my application and I can fax/mail them the signed copy or should I wait for them to reach out ? Kindly suggest.
Yes, call them. Be proactive. Hopefully they opened your file.

Reactions: eager

FSerrano91

Jan 10, 2018
Hi, I see some comments about guarantor not signing copy of back of driver’s license. In my case I got copy of front and back of driver’s license on one page and I only got one signature from my guarantor. Is that enough?
Both copies are on the same page (same side of sheet of paper)

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hi, I see some comments about guarantor not signing copy of back of driver’s license. In my case I got copy of front and back of driver’s license on one page and I only got one signature from my guarantor. Is that enough?
Both copies are on the same page (same side of sheet of paper)
I guess, that should work.

rushabh.patel208

Dec 8, 2021
Hello All,

I have a question regarding guarantor call.
My guarantor got call from passport office today, and he made small mistake about questions being asked.

Will it be a problem on my passport application?

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks.
You need to submit an original birth certificate along with a certified translation if the document is not in English.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I tried to fax mine on two different days. Always got a busy signal.
I sent fedex today.

Reactions: eager

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
I tried to fax mine on two different days. Always got a busy signal.
I sent fedex today.
Also, you need your file number so when you send it, they know where to put it. Yes, you will have to call to get file number.
Call 1 800 567 6868.

Reactions: CaBeaver