+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I have a couple of questions regarding an in-mail passport application:
  • People keep saying they sent a request to ask about their application. Where can I make such a request?
  • When will be a reasonable time after the application is delivered to make such a request?
  • Tracking says my package was delivered to Ottawa, ON, although I sent it to Gatineau, QC. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Reactions: c.cruz91

FSerrano91

Jan 10, 2018
I have a couple of questions regarding an in-mail passport application:
  • People keep saying they sent a request to ask about their application. Where can I make such a request?
  • When will be a reasonable time after the application is delivered to make such a request?
  • Tracking says my package was delivered to Ottawa, ON, although I sent it to Gatineau, QC. Is this normal?
You can request application status here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx

I would say that a reasonable time would be after 15 or 20 business days after your application was delivered

Yes it is normal that the tracking says that it was delivered to Ontario instead of Quebec. the same happened with my application and a lot of people in this forum have had the same experience

rushabh.patel208

Dec 8, 2021
You can request application status here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx

I would say that a reasonable time would be after 15 or 20 business days after your application was delivered

Yes it is normal that the tracking says that it was delivered to Ontario instead of Quebec. the same happened with my application and a lot of people in this forum have had the same experience
There is place called Ottawa/ Gatineau in Montreal , where all mail application is being delivered. That is why is showing as Ottawa in Canada Post Tracking.

Reactions: Kekaritu

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Thank you for the answers

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020

From my experience, I would do 10 business days after your application was delivered. Especially if you haven’t seen a CC charge in your account within that same time frame.

Reactions: tgman and CaBeaver

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
How long after your credit card was charged did you guys have to wait for the passport and certificate to arrive?

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called them and talked to supervisor and filled a complaint i received it today! finally! this is over! passport and certificate in hand said ba bye to them for 10 more years.
How do you actually file a complaint? Is there any particular link to that or just ask for a supervisor? Thanks.

Reactions: yaacoub89

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Sent passport application by fed ex. It arrived January 4th.
Credit card charged January 13th.
I called today and was told that my ID (copy of drivers license) was not signed by guarantor on the back side. Was signed on front only.
February 2nd is when they stopped working on it. They admitted they didn’t call to tell me.
Now I have to fax them my id signed by guarantor and wait three more weeks before it might be complete.
I’m not travelling, but I really want the passport to prove citizenship.
Btw, when I called, there were no calls in front of mine. I tried calling before today and there were over 70 calls before me.
I went to Staples today to fax the papers and tried for an hour but always got busy fax signal. I had to leave without it being faxed. I guess now I will have to fed ex it.

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
How long after your credit card was charged did you guys have to wait for the passport and certificate to arrive?
Sorry there is no correct answer to this but some receive it after 1 week some 2 weeks some they wait more i was charged on the 20th Jan 2022 i waited two weeks after it nothing sent to me i was traveling and i was not expecting it will take this much time after that i requested urgent processing and add to that they kept my certificate with them or somewhere for 2 weeks until i requested them to return it to me and talked to supervisor and filed a complaint about it.
It is all in the hand of the officer who is working on the file he maybe will be in the mood to work so he complete the application if he is not in the mood he will delay delay delay until he get the mood to do it and complete your application and approve it he send you the passport and the certificate the bottom line here keep calling every five days to check the application and do not leave it some other folks there was an issue in their application and waited waited waited and when they call they informed them oh we need this info from you to continue the application so no one will call if there is a problem or they need anything sorry to be so dramatic but this is what it is and after my experience i give them one star only at least i got my passport for 10 years to stay away from this mess. good luck all the best

Last edited: