Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone recently done a walk-in to submit passport app in Brampton or Mississauga ?

1. Are walk-ins still allowed in Brampton or Mississauga PASSPORT office ?
2. Can one person submit applications for entire family or need all family members in person ?

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Anyone recently done a walk-in to submit passport app in Brampton or Mississauga ?

1. Are walk-ins still allowed in Brampton or Mississauga PASSPORT office ?
2. Can one person submit applications for entire family or need all family members in person ?
Walkins are not allowed anywhere right now. If you want to do it in person, you need to request an appointment, and they will call and basically ask you to justify the reason you need an in person appointment to submit; that questioning is not a formality - unless you have paid for and booked travel within the next few weeks, you will be told to mail in the application.

Reactions: ash137

canadahopefully

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
How much time it takes for the new passport application file to get open in Passport Canada System once they receive the application by courier in the central office in QC? also does the central office charge the credit card? or is it the local passport office where the applicant is living based on postal code?

bukeluke

Apr 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-03-2015
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
11-03-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
3-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
- Application Sent: November 26, 2021
- Application Delivered: November 29, 2021

Mailed to Gatineau via Canada Post. Credit card charged December 7
December 23, 2021 called service center, told application in process.
January 1, 2022 Web request sent.
January 6, 2022 Response received that file approved, passport being printed.
January 12 - Still no passport, will request tracking.

- Passport Printed:
- Passport Tracking Details received:
- Passport Received: January 13, 2021
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received:
- Citizenship Certificate Received: January 13, 2021

Passport and Citizenship Certificate included in same envelope.
7 weeks total processing time
Mine submitted through service canada in Oct 2021, and asked through web request. The response is no timeline to process. WTF

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Mine submitted through service canada in Oct 2021, and asked through web request. The response is no timeline to process. WTF
Oh my god do you recommend the express option? I have flight on the February 22nd and I feel like if I apply normally I may not make it still!!

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hi guys!
Sent my kids passport application by mail which was delivered in Dec 31, 2021. Today im still not seeing a credit card charge. Is this the new norm?

mystic203

Jan 18, 2022
Hello,
I sent my adult passport application through Xpresspost (Canada Post) to the address, Passport Program Canada Gatineau, QC K1A 0G3. Several days later, the mail tracking shows that it was delivered to "Missasauga, Ontario". Is anybody else experiencing this?

Almostther

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!
Sent my kids passport application by mail which was delivered in Dec 31, 2021. Today im still not seeing a credit card charge. Is this the new norm?
My kid's application was delivered on Dec 29th. No credit card charged yet..

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
My case is :
Application received:July 5th
Credit card charged: July 24
Passport received and citizenship certificate in same envelope: July 28 from St catharines
I was going through your postings and found out that you got an interview. May i know what questions they ask in the interview?

syphix

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Hello, I have applied as a family for passport (2 adults + 2 kids). Sent applications on the 23rd of dec, delivered 30th dec. Yesterday I saw two charges of 160$ which i presume is for the adults (10yr validity) but I did not see any charge for the kids. Should I be worried?
I have sent copies of birth certificate, could that be a problem? should i have sent the originals?

canadahopefully

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
Hello, I have applied as a family for passport (2 adults + 2 kids). Sent applications on the 23rd of dec, delivered 30th dec. Yesterday I saw two charges of 160$ which i presume is for the adults (10yr validity) but I did not see any charge for the kids. Should I be worried?
I have sent copies of birth certificate, could that be a problem? should i have sent the originals?
All Applications sent together should be processed together unless there is an issue with an application, I suggest you call them to get some clarification on your kids' application and why that hasn't been charged yet.

Reactions: syphix

Almostther

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it's mentioned that originals must be sent. Please call the helpline and find how to proceed.

Reactions: syphix

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh my god do you recommend the express option? I have flight on the February 22nd and I feel like if I apply normally I may not make it still!!
You should be able to get it on time if you apply in person. You can also apply for urgent processing which just costs you more money...
I applied mine on Jan. 13 in person and now it's in the printing room. The receipt says the mail out date is Jan. 27 but that might not be correct. The rep told me to call them sometime next week to get a tracking number.

Reactions: Strawberry91

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
As I understood it, the original document requirement is only for proof of citizenship, not proof of parentage. Proof of citizenship can be either the citizenship certificate, or birth certificate issued by the Canadian province the child was born in, and whichever of these two docs you pick, it needs to be the original. The proof of parentage is not specifically mentioned as original, and it can be a birth certificate issued by either a Canadian province or by a foreign country, depending on where the child was born.

Yes, it's mentioned that originals must be sent. Please call the helpline and find how to proceed.

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
You should be able to get it on time if you apply in person. You can also apply for urgent processing which just costs you more money...
I applied mine on Jan. 13 in person and now it's in the printing room. The receipt says the mail out date is Jan. 27 but that might not be correct. The rep told me to call them sometime next week to get a tracking number.
Oh wow thank you for the amazing info!! Did you apply for urgent, express or regular? The thing I’m trying to understand is, I have flight coming on the February 22-23 and I wanna apply for the express one, but it says express processing is 2-9 business days so I’m wondering if there is any criteria like do I need to apply exactly 9 business days before my flight? You know what I mean?