+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Are passports ever delivered by UPS ? I have a suspicious e mail from UPS re a delivery. I thought Express post was the delivery.
Are you currently in the US and do you have a UPS online account? When I got Purolator abroad, it was sent to me by UPS. I know the government uses Purolator and Canada Post.

But it’s likely a phishing email lol.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I visited Passport office in Kitchener today and submitted my application. Pickup date is August 30th (Monday). They only provided "Express Pickup" service.

I forgot to mention this. I had the proof of travel but they never once asked for it. They simply asked what my travel date was and that's it, they said they'll provide Express Pickup service.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
I forgot to mention this. I had the proof of travel but they never once asked for it. They simply asked what my travel date was and that's it, they said they'll provide Express Pickup service.
I think their express service and standard service is kind of same timeline. Only difference maybe is that you have the option to pick up. For me I applied on Thursday and they mailed it out on Monday. Passport printed on Friday. Congrats ! Your last step will be over soon!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I think their express service and standard service is kind of same timeline. Only difference maybe is that you have the option to pick up. For me I applied on Thursday and they mailed it out on Monday. Passport printed on Friday. Congrats ! Your last step will be over soon!
Thanks! Well, there's another process pending for me (a rather confusing and convoluted one) that needs to be done in the consulate of my previous nationality. :p . Takes about a month to 6 weeks.

Reactions: yasir22

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
For people who want someone else to pick up your passport =>

Once you sign up for any pickup service (Urgent, Express, Normal), you'll receive a pickup slip that shows the date of pickup and your name. Towards the bottom of the slip, you'll see 2 options :

"Personal appearance of applicant required" OR

"I authorize _________________________________________ to pickup my Travel Document. Authorized person must be over 16 years of age and must show Personal Identification. "

If you want someone else to pick up the passport for you, you'd have to check the second option, write the name of the person in that blank space exactly as it is on their ID and then sign the pickup slip where it says "Signature of the applicant". The authorized person must carry this pickup slip + their ID showing their name to the respective Passport Canada center to be able to collect the document.

If you want to pick the passport up yourself, then check the first option and go to the Passport Canada with your ID.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
I submitted my application via walk-in on July 21.

My first phone call to the passport office on August 18 had my passport still awaiting approval.

I called again today, August 27, for another update, and I was told that Canada Post had delivered a pick-up notice just minutes before my call was answered :D:cool:

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
I submitted my application via walk-in on July 21.

My first phone call to the passport office on August 18 had my passport still awaiting approval.

I called again today, August 27, for another update, and I was told that Canada Post had delivered a pick-up notice just minutes before my call was answered :D:cool:
We’ve had a horrendous experience that the call center agents are saying it’s not a priority and will take its own see time.

Application was delivered on 13 July via courier and crickets ever since

• Wow
Reactions: adaytoremember

AMANRANJOT

Aug 27, 2021
Hi, ALL got a call from kitchener office today to confirm the last name. I have sent application for myself and my son.
App sent- July 28
App delivered Ottawa- July 30
CC charged- August 27(FOR BOTH)

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Apparently, applications received by Service Canada in-person are still considered pending until it is officially received by a passport officer.

I just called the contact centre and was informed my application processing date was considered a week after I submitted it!

Reactions: adaytoremember