+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Okay, so here's an update. I called the passport services line and they provided me 6 options and none of them were applicable to me (there was no option to speak to an agent). I ignored all those 6 options and pushed 0 (this option was not provided, I randomly pushed 0 because that usually connects to an operator) and that put me on a call with an operator. She asked me if I've already booked tickets for travel and asked me which province I lived in. I gave her all that information and she said she will connect me to a "Passport expert" and then put me in the queue.

The wait time was about 55 - 60 minutes after I was put in the queue. I finally reached an agent and told her about the travel on August 31st and that I would really appreciate if I can get my passport before that. She asked me which passport office is the closest and I told her Mississauga. She got my full name, my phone number and she also asked me if I have the tickets as proof and I said yes. She said she can request an appointment and someone will call me "tentatively tomorrow" and that I might receive a call from a Private / Unknown or a number marked as Spam. She told me they will attempt to call me a second time if I don't answer the first time. She gave me a confirmation number.

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Okay, so here's an update. I called the passport services line and they provided me 6 options and none of them were applicable to me (there was no option to speak to an agent). I ignored all those 6 options and pushed 0 (this option was not provided, I randomly pushed 0 because that usually connects to an operator) and that put me on a call with an operator. She asked me if I've already booked tickets for travel and asked me which province I lived in. I gave her all that information and she said she will connect me to a "Passport expert" and then put me in the queue.

The wait time was about 55 - 60 minutes after I was put in the queue. I finally reached an agent and told her about the travel on August 31st and that I would really appreciate if I can get my passport before that. She asked me which passport office is the closest and I told her Mississauga. She got my full name, my phone number and she also asked me if I have the tickets as proof and I said yes. She said she can request an appointment and someone will call me "tentatively tomorrow" and that I might receive a call from a Private / Unknown or a number marked as Spam. She told me they will attempt to call me a second time if I don't answer the first time. She gave me a confirmation number.
wow interesting. very useful info for when my time comes....

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
15 mins after I posted this, my CC got charged!!! by scarborough
I’m in a similar predicament - same delivery date of July 13 and no credit card charge yet. It’s for my newborn’s passport.

barunk19

Star Member
Jun 17, 2015
Hello All, I did sent my passport from Edmonton on July 19th. Delivered on July 20th. As of now, there is no CC charge or any communication. Is this the normal timeframe or mine is getting delayed :(

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hi all - while filing out the passport application form electronically, I am seeing an error where if I hit the save button on a partially filled form and close it and reopen later, I get an error saying some features are disabled and the form is locked now. I cant edit anything anymore. Did anyone face that issue?

Seems the only fix here is to not fill it in partially and type in the whole form in one go start to finish

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi all - while filing out the passport application form electronically, I am seeing an error where if I hit the save button on a partially filled form and close it and reopen later, I get an error saying some features are disabled and the form is locked now. I cant edit anything anymore. Did anyone face that issue?

Seems the only fix here is to not fill it in partially and type in the whole form in one go start to finish
Never encountered this problem with a partially filled form, then again, I never used the form’s save button and I left Adobe Acrobat open on my laptop without ever closing it.

But it’s a pretty short form.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Never encountered this problem with a partially filled form, then again, I never used the form’s save button and I left Adobe Acrobat open on my laptop without ever closing it.

But it’s a pretty short form.
Yeah its really not an issue, but was curious if I was doing anything wrong. I was waiting to finalize my reference information so left it partially filled. I guess i'll fill everything in one go and hit print

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Yeah I know, this happened to me to. The workaround is to not close the form and print it out as soon as you fill it OR if you want to save the form and still be able to edit it later, you need something like Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro. Just the free Adobe Acrobat reader won't cut it.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Yeah I know, this happened to me to. The workaround is to not close the form and print it out as soon as you fill it OR if you want to save the form and still be able to edit it later, you need something like Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro. Just the free Adobe Acrobat reader won't cut it.
Ah there you go, I am on the free one. I guess the easiest workaround is as you said fill everything in 1 go and print

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Here's another update. IRCC Mississauga Passport Office is fully booked until September 9th, 2021 even for Urgent Passport request. So, there's no way I can submit my application there. I've got an appointment to submit application at Kitchener Passport office tomorrow morning (The only other option was St. Catherines). I have a friend in Kitchener that could possibly collect the passport on my behalf and I can collect it from him after work or over the weekend.

Last edited: