+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

bluecanuck

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
How do I complain?

Its been 24 Business Days since Delivery of application to Ottawa (July 19, 2021)

I have no CC charge, no tracking, no nothing.

Thanks Everyone.

bluecanuck

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
You have to wait 20-30 business days to write a complaint, I waited 30
Ok so I finally received my citizenship certificate as well
The journey is now complete
It is bitter sweet
Such a roller coaster!
Goodbye guys, wish you well!
yeah, i'm well within that range. Happy that you got yours!

Any idea how I can complain?

vicked

May 24, 2014
If I am applying in-person does everyone in the family needs to be present or only one person can submit everything?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If I am applying in-person does everyone in the family needs to be present or only one person can submit everything?
Good question. This was pretty hard to Google but I found the answer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/help-centre/apply.html

Who can submit a passport application in person on my behalf?
When applying in person, it’s best that you submit your application yourself. However, if this is not possible, a third party can submit the application if they:

show identification
are 16 years of age or older
are your
parent
child
parent's spouse or common-law partner
child's spouse or common-law partner
brother or sister
half-brother or half-sister
stepbrother or stepsister
spouse or common-law partner
relatives of your spouse or common-law partner, including their:
parent
child
parent's spouse or common-law partner
child's spouse or common-law partner
brother or sister
half-brother or half-sister
stepbrother or stepsister
In all cases, the passport official must be able to verify the information on the application with the third party. If the third party cannot validate your information, we can refuse your application.

The people in the list above may or may not live at the same address as you. In all cases, the person must show identification. If the identification does not prove that the person lives with you, they must also bring a written statement signed by you, authorizing them to submit your passport application.

Any relative living at your address can also submit an application on your behalf if they:

are 16 years of age or older
show identification that confirms where they live
if their identification doesn’t have an address, they will need to show other documentation to prove they live at the same address as you
We do not accept urgent or express applications submitted by a third party.

Reactions: vicked and Hapique

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I received my citizenship certificate before some time.

I walked into Mississauga Passport office and they told me that they are accepting walk-ins from applicants who have travel before 29th August (Sunday). My travel is on Tuesday (31st August). I was asked to scan a QR code and submit a request which I did. They told me they'll give me a call within 2 days and I can then submit an in-person appointment for urgent processing.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
I received my citizenship certificate before some time.

I walked into Mississauga Passport office and they told me that they are accepting walk-ins from applicants who have travel before 29th August (Sunday). My travel is on Tuesday (31st August). I was asked to scan a QR code and submit a request which I did. They told me they'll give me a call within 2 days and I can then submit an in-person appointment for urgent processing.
Ooh, did you not try calling in first? I guess you assumed since yours is urgent and you have travel plans they will entertain walk-ins right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Ooh, did you not try calling in first? I guess you assumed since yours is urgent and you have travel plans they will entertain walk-ins right?
They are entertaining walk-ins based on travel dates. If my trip were on Sunday instead of Tuesday, I would have been able to submit it.

No, I did not call them. But they're like 7 min drive from my house so its fine. I can go in there a second time, I guess.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I took my oath of citizenship this morning. Next step, passport!

I've requested them to expedite my citizenship certificate (mine was UP application). Hopefully once I receive it, I'll be able to apply in-person (I have a trip coming up next week).
Congratulations mate!!!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram