+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Application sent: June 29, 2021
Application delivered: July 5 to Ottawa
Complain submitted: August 6, 2021
Credit card charged: August 9 by Passport Office in Mississauga, same day I got a call that my passport will be mailed within 5 days
No calls to my guarantor and references
As of today: August 13 - passport is still in production (even though they promised to mail it by Friday)
Also, the tracking number for my certificate is wrong, they said they gave me the wrong number and will correct it later.
But the certificate is not my biggest worry lol
Will be calling again on Monday or Tuesday...
I don't like drama

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Lol they just called me again (Mississauga Office) and told me that they will mail it next week....sick of this waiting game for real

But writing a complaint definitely paid off, they are now calling me to update

Both the passport and the certificate are in Mississauga

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Lol they just called me again (Mississauga Office) and told me that they will mail it next week....sick of this waiting game for real

But writing a complaint definitely paid off, they are now calling me to update

Both the passport and the certificate are in Mississauga
Hi, wondering whether yours is urgent processing, do they call for updating the status?

My passport status:
Hello experts, one question.
Applied Passport from USA.

July 19th passport application delivered.
July 26th Credit card charged
Aug 13th Customer care informed (I called customer service) passport ordered for print.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Hi, wondering whether yours is urgent processing, do they call for updating the status?

My passport status:
Hello experts, one question.
Applied Passport from USA.

July 19th passport application delivered.
July 26th Credit card charged
Aug 13th Customer care informed (I called customer service) passport ordered for print.
Look at the dates, of course it’s not urgent lol
I wrote a complaint

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Credit card charged: August 9 by Passport Office in Mississauga, same day I got a call that my passport will be mailed within 5 days
As of today: August 13 - passport is still in production (even though they promised to mail it by Friday)
Also, the tracking number for my certificate is wrong, they said they gave me the wrong number and will correct it later.
But the certificate is not my biggest worry lol
Will be calling again on Monday or Tuesday...
I think certificate should be your high priority document. If it is lost, you will have to wait 15+ months to get a new one!

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
I think certificate should be your high priority document. If it is lost, you will have to wait 15+ months to get a new one!
My certificate is not lost, it just hasn’t been mailed.
No, the certificate is not important for travel, that’s why the passport is more important

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Reposting again because someone is asking

Reactions: vinayreddy

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Thanks for the details. I see passport production in progress, any idea when was it ordered for production, that way we will get some idea. Sorry if i am being repetitive.
Right after the credit card is charged your passport is marked as “in production” but same as “under examination” - it can take a week or weeks, before it’s mailed (it’s just what they say, not what is actually happening)
In my case I made a complaint so they follow up with me, I will be calling them myself next week, you have to keep calling, every office is different, and you are from the USA, yours might take even longer and a different story altogether

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi guys, few questions please as I applied for passport for my child, this week:

1. Any idea of the average processing time? I applied by courier.
2. Is there a way we can check the status online?

Thank you

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Hi guys, few questions please as I applied for passport for my child, this week:

1. Any idea of the average processing time? I applied by courier.
2. Is there a way we can check the status online?

Thank you
It is taking more than a month if you go through this thread. For tracking, I think you have to call them. Maybe someone who did that can help you.