Jun 21, 2021
Here is my update:

Application sent: July 06 from Edmonton
Application delivered: July 09 to Ottawa
Credit card charged: August 04 by Passport office- Mississauga
Passport issued: August 06
Passport received: August 10
Citizenship certificate received: August 10

No calls to my guarantor and references.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxpayne and Bachar

parassachapara

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Looking at some of the timelines here I think passport mail-in application are not first in first out. Zero management! July 12 delivered (no cc charge and no updates)

Bambam123

May 16, 2021
June 28th delivered. No passport or certificate received. Cc charge was just over 4 weeks ago (July 12). It’s not fifo, it’s random lol.

I called, they said 5 weeks, 6 weeks, now they’re saying 8 weeks (40 business days) lol. I think I might be getting a limited edition passport with a gold plated coat of arms. Only one of its kind.

Last edited:

Bambam123

May 16, 2021
Yup. Gatineau has been holding my application hostage though (wasn’t transferred). “Under examination” but nothing is missing and application is fine.

Makes me think they’re sourcing the finest materials and that’s what’s under examination. Trudeau himself will hand deliver the passport. Cause I don’t know what else they’re examining that they didn’t during the citizenship process lol. They have all our details.

• Haha
Reactions: rafzy and Tess90

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
Anyway, I filed a complaint. Lets see if that makes a difference. I dunno if there’s anyone here who submitted before me and hasn’t received their document.
All I know is that dealing with federal government in Canada sucks. Even third world countries issue passports in less than a week.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Application sent: June 29, 2021 (same day as I got my certificate)
Application delivered: July 5 to Ottawa
Complain submitted: August 6, 2021
Credit card charged: August 9 by Passport Office in Mississauga, same day I got a call that my passport will be mailed within 5 days
Passport being made: August 10 (I was also given a tracking number for the certificate but it's not in the system yet)
No calls to my guarantor and references

Just now got a call, she aplogized, said that they are really behind, was very very nice and promised that I will get my passport early next week...I really hope so

Special thanks to SamChow...

Editing to update

Anyway, I filed a complaint. Lets see if that makes a difference. I dunno if there’s anyone here who submitted before me and hasn’t received their document.
We sent our application almost on the same day, I still don't have my passport

Last edited:

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Ottawa passport office takes walk-ins for urgent matters, but also allow non-urgent to be processed by the next door office, Service Canada!

SamChow

Feb 7, 2017
Application sent: June 29, 2021 (same day as I got my certificate)
Application delivered: July 5 to Ottawa
Complain submitted: August 6, 2021
Credit card charged: August 9 by Passport Office in Mississauga, same day I got a call that my passport will be mailed within 5 days
Passport being made: August 10 (I was also given a tracking number for the certificate but it's not in the system yet)
No calls to my guarantor and references

Just now got a call, she aplogized, said that they are really behind, was very very nice and promised that I will get my passport early next week...I really hope so

Special thanks to SamChow...

Editing to update

We sent our application almost on the same day, I still don't have my passport
Ur Welcome Tess90 :-D

• Love
Reactions: Tess90

Bambam123

May 16, 2021
It totally does
Thanks. Let’s see if I have the same experience. It’s ridiculous that I have to file a complaint just to get the ball rolling. :(.

If there are delays, at least be consistent. Don’t tell me 8 weeks when people are getting theirs in 4-5 weeks. It’s very easy for them to forget your file at the bottom of some pile.

Reactions: Tess90