+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone, I noticed something strange in my passport that my signature is missing on the bio page (as compared to the samples available online). Can anyone confirm if they received the passport with their signature on the bio page?

P.S.: I am not talking about the place where we are supposed to sign ourselves after receiving. I am talking about the printed sign on the bio page itself.
Looks like signature is no longer printed on page 2.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/pickup-final-steps.html

Canadian travel documents no longer have a pre-printed digital signature on page 2.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Hi, I just got a call from Mississauga Foreign Affairs… but I missed it… do they call back? I am pretty sure they called because I wrote a complaint on Friday… not sure what to do at this point… CC still not charged

Last edited:

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
hello experts, is there any way to check passport status in online?
Don't call them, they are not helpful, tha lady who answered my call was not able to confirm anything. :(
My app was delivered on July 15 and no CC charge and no news.

SamChow

Feb 7, 2017
Hi, I just got a call from Mississauga Foreign Affairs… but I missed it… do they call back? I am pretty sure they called because I wrote a complaint on Friday… not sure what to do at this point… CC still not charged
Did u check ur VM? they usually leave call back number.

• Love
Reactions: Tess90

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Did u check ur VM? they usually leave call back number.
Omg thank you again - I never thought of that, they did sent me a VM, 2 actually....
I called both numbers again (one is the general line and the other one is clearly from the person who is working on my file)

The lady politely explained that they are still processing applications delivered beginning of July but if everyone is correct my passport will be mailed by Friday.

She said she would action it right away in the voice message so I ws hoping to see the CC charge but nothing...She called me at 3:40pm

I will be calling her tomorrow and hoping to get through, she did ask me to call back which is weird...maybe to apologize lol? Because it didn't sound like she needed anything from me.

The beginning of the message was also weird..She said...oh god I found it...just the way she said it made it sound like it was buried under thousands of others....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SamChow

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
I keep hearing about the tracking number they give you… do you have to call the general line to get it? I think I will wait to call my case officer to get the tracking number - maybe end of this week