+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Ok, it really depends who is the agent

I just called and the agent told me that they have no authority to contact the officer directly and can't promise anything but they can email the office which usually takes 2 business days. She recommended that I call in a week's time. She also said that it hasn't been 30 business days in my case and it's the new norm. I don't think it will do much because I am travelling end of September and it's not to my home country and not for work so they won't care about this. But I did mention that I have another trip planned beginning of September but I haven't bought any tickets yet because we were advised not to book anything until we have our passport in hand. Now it's so annoying because I kind of followed those guidelines but it turns out if you have a ticket booked then it makes it easier for you to get the passport....

She said that they can't file a complaint for me and that I should do it myself. I guess I will wait till Wednesday or Thursday and call again. Calling on Friday is a bad idea anyway. She also said - no point in calling on Monday either.

At the beginning of the conversation she said that they can never guarantee anything but at the end of the conversation she said that rest assured you will get your passport by the end of August, like 100%....so I don't know

One more thing - she said never look at when you CC is charged because she worked in the passport call centre for many years and noticed that all officers do it differently. Some do it at the beginning of the processing, some - in the middle and others - at the very end before mailing the passport. I noticed that too

SamChow

Feb 7, 2017
I got this message after sending in the form

Thank you for your message of August 6, 2021.

The service channel you initially used to submit a status request for your passport application does not allow us to properly identify you as the applicant as it does not require sufficient information. As a result, we cannot divulge any information regarding your submitted application via email.

If you wish to inquire about the status of your passport application through our website, you may visit the following address:https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx?utm_source=slash-passport-status&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=generic.

We hope we were able to assist you.

Not sure...What I did wrong, I filled in all the info correctly :(

I filled in my address, my name, my email my phone number and my complaint...Not sure what other info they need?

EDITING TO ADD: LOOKS LIKE I FILL IN THE GENERAL FORM NOT THE COMPLAINT FORM, I WILL TRY AGAIN
In the that link you see there is another link that says complaint form you need to fill that and main thing is did u give your file number?

SamChow

Feb 7, 2017
Ok, it really depends who is the agent

I just called and the agent told me that they have no authority to contact the officer directly and can't promise anything but they can email the office which usually takes 2 business days. She recommended that I call in a week's time. She also said that it hasn't been 30 business days in my case and it's the new norm. I don't think it will do much because I am travelling end of September and it's not to my home country and not for work so they won't care about this. But I did mention that I have another trip planned beginning of September but I haven't bought any tickets yet because we were advised not to book anything until we have our passport in hand. Now it's so annoying because I kind of followed those guidelines but it turns out if you have a ticket booked then it makes it easier for you to get the passport....

She said that they can't file a complaint for me and that I should do it myself. I guess I will wait till Wednesday or Thursday and call again. Calling on Friday is a bad idea anyway. She also said - no point in calling on Monday either.

At the beginning of the conversation she said that they can never guarantee anything but at the end of the conversation she said that rest assured you will get your passport by the end of August, like 100%....so I don't know

One more thing - she said never look at when you CC is charged because she worked in the passport call centre for many years and noticed that all officers do it differently. Some do it at the beginning of the processing, some - in the middle and others - at the very end before mailing the passport. I noticed that too
One thing i'm confused is you application hasn't been 30 days? You filled in June right?

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
In the that link you see there is another link that says complaint form you need to fill that and main thing is did u give your file number?
Yes, I did locate that link, hopefully I did everything right this time around...
I am not sure how to find my file number?
Every time I call they ask for it but then they say - just give me your name and contact details

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
One thing i'm confused is you application hasn't been 30 days? You filled in June right?
I mailed my application on June 29. It was delivered on July 5. They count business days, so technically it hasn't been 30 business days yet, it will be by the end of next week.

I am in touch with a few people from the facebook group who mailed their application at the same time as I did and their credit cards were charged a week ago so I started to get worried but the agent told me that there is a 2 week delay now that equals to 10 more business days. Hence I have to wait longer...

Anyone who is waiting for more than 20 business days can call them ask them to email the office but she said they won't take it seriously until it has been 30 business days. For me it will be on August 13, I believe.

She sent the email to to the office and the email has a certain number, she told me to write it down and refer to it next time...But it's not a file number.

Last edited:

zkqxcv

Dec 3, 2020
Received passport today

Jul 13 - package sent Vancouver -> Gatineau with Canada post
Jul 15 - delivered "to Ottawa"
Aug 2 - credit card charged
Aug 6 - passport received

Processing office: Quebec, QC
Guarantor/references did not receive any calls
Still waiting for certificate, hope it will get to me in a day or two
Good luck everyone!

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
Received passport today

Jul 13 - package sent Vancouver -> Gatineau with Canada post
Jul 15 - delivered "to Ottawa"
Aug 2 - credit card charged
Aug 6 - passport received

Processing office: Quebec, QC
Guarantor/references did not receive any calls
Still waiting for certificate, hope it will get to me in a day or two
Good luck everyone!
2 days later than me for delivery and already got it? damn passport canada office

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hi Everyone, I noticed something strange in my passport that my signature is missing on the bio page (as compared to the samples available online). Can anyone confirm if they received the passport with their signature on the bio page?

P.S.: I am not talking about the place where we are supposed to sign ourselves after receiving. I am talking about the printed sign on the bio page itself.