+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

SamChow

Feb 7, 2017
I'm not sure if there's anyone in same pool like me.

Application Sent: June 28th, 2021
- Application Delivered: June 29th, 2021
- CC charged: Not charged yet so far till today

Reached them multiple times (by call) and got application tracking number but kept saying wait for two more weeks or till end of august. But noticed there are applicants who applied in July and received there pp. any way to get this done earlier?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
So Finally after heated call conversation with the agent, i had my application finally done today and the officer who handled my file called me and confirmed few things and gave the tracking number for the PP and after few mins my credit card got charged.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
So Finally after heated call conversation with the agent, i had my application finally done today and the officer who handled my file called me and confirmed few things and gave the tracking number for the PP and after few mins my credit card got charged.
Wow what did you say and how did you do that??

SamChow

Feb 7, 2017
I know… same same I hate this!
butI just do my own stuff, and come back to the phone occasionally to check
Tess90, I'm not sure if this can help your application process faster but after my conversation with the agent yesterday i got my application done today. I was made aware that every application is given certain deadline(30 working days) for the officer to review and mine was given July 29th as deadline and so some reason the person missed it (you can ask urs as well). The agent said i have every right to send a complaint to cic.gc.ca through general inquiry (https://srv144.services.gc.ca/cgi-bin/ppt/general.aspx). But i would suggest the agent to send it behalf of you because they responded to her email faster (in my case) but even i have sent it as the agent suggested to do. With in an hour the head of the office(from Ottawa where my application is processed) called me and apologized and took care of the application today. Hope this solves Ur application as well. All the best.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Tess90, I'm not sure if this can help your application process faster but after my conversation with the agent yesterday i got my application done today. I was made aware that every application is given certain deadline(30 working days) for the officer to review and mine was given July 29th as deadline and so some reason the person missed it (you can ask urs as well). The agent said i have every right to send a complaint to cic.gc.ca through general inquiry (https://srv144.services.gc.ca/cgi-bin/ppt/general.aspx). But i would suggest the agent to send it behalf of you because they responded to her email faster (in my case) but even i have sent it as the agent suggested to do. With in an hour the head of the office(from Ottawa where my application is processed) called me and apologized and took care of the application today. Hope this solves Ur application as well. All the best.
Thank you so much for the detailed response. The problem is every time I call the agents are different. Some are nice, others not so much. I just don't know how to start this unpleasant conversation?
Should I say that I want to launch a complaint? I just feel like they might get angry. How do I approach it?
I just filled in this form and sent it. Should I ask the agent to send the exact same form?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you so much for the detailed response. The problem is every time I call the agents are different. Some are nice, others not so much. I just don't know how to start this unpleasant conversation?
Should I say that I want to launch a complaint? I just feel like they might get angry. How do I approach it?
I wouldn't lead with "I want to launch a complaint". Trust me, I've worked for a call center before and when someone is hostile right at the beginning and wants to complain, the tendency of the agent to "do as much as possible to help" will go down.

Lead with the concerns and the delay with your application, politely. Once you have convinced the agent to check what's happening, you can slip in and say something like "I know its not your fault but if this delay is to persist, I am intending to file a complaint. Could you please contact the officer who is processing my application and flag this delay to them, please?" or something on those lines. When you say "I know it is not your fault...", the agent doesn't feel like they are being accused and might be willing to go to greater lengths to assist.

Reactions: bellaluna

SamChow

Feb 7, 2017
I started with saying Look it is so frustrating to call you guys every week and each agent as different answers & i have a travelling coming soon to meet a family member as travel restrictions are changing day to day and u guys suggest to submit the reason of travel or booking confirmation and at this time & i cant afford extra cost for any last min changes to be done for the ticket due to the PP hope u get it.
The last time i was told the application has deadline by july end and its past that. Do you know how frustrating it is to listen they are 150,130 call a head wasting my 2 hours of time every week. I see people applied in july are getting PP.

Just push the agent to follow up with the office behalf of you.

Fun part is they gave me two options.
1. Send a complaint like follow up with the office by the agent or by our self (wait for a week to get reply back)
2. They can transfer ur file to local office but needs to be paid extra $90.00 and after process is done pick ur passport in person.(wait for a week or two for them to make an appointment with you to process the application)
So i opted for option 1, as i dint want to spend more money and time on it.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
I wouldn't lead with "I want to launch a complaint". Trust me, I've worked for a call center before and when someone is hostile right at the beginning and wants to complain, the tendency of the agent to "do as much as possible to help" will go down.

Lead with the concerns and the delay with your application, politely. Once you have convinced the agent to check what's happening, you can slip in and say something like "I know its not your fault but if this delay is to persist, I am intending to file a complaint. Could you please contact the officer who is processing my application and flag this delay to them, please?" or something on those lines. When you say "I know it is not your fault...", the agent doesn't feel like they are being accused and might be willing to go to greater lengths to assist.
Thank you so much, I am just really stressed out right now especially after the lengthy citizenship process.. that we've all experienced ....I guess if I am unlucky with the agent, I will have to call again in the hopes that I will be able to find someone not so dismissive (some agents are)

I have never seen this link before...I wonder if filling in this form will work but they probably get hundreds of complaints.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Fun part is they gave me two options.
1. Send a complaint like follow up with the office by the agent or by our self (wait for a week to get reply back)
2. They can transfer ur file to local office but needs to be paid extra $90.00 and after process is done pick ur passport in person.(wait for a week or two for them to make an appointment with you to process the application)
So i opted for option 1, as i dint want to spend more money and time on it.

My application is already in the local office - Mississauga...so I was thinking of suggesting to just go and pick it up myself...
Looks like for you option 1 worked really well since you issue was resolved within a day...

Honestly I don't mind paying at this point, I just want this to be over...

SamChow

Feb 7, 2017

Tess90, what rajkamalmohanram posted is right you can do as he suggested.

SamChow

Feb 7, 2017
My application is already in the local office - Mississauga...so I was thinking of suggesting to just go and pick it up myself...
Looks like for you option 1 worked really well since you issue was resolved within a day...

Honestly I don't mind paying at this point, I just want this to be over...
Check with the agent and see if its feasible. But not sure if they say u need a valid reason to do so and provide the proof. That's why i opted for option 1

Reactions: Tess90

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Mine also showed delivered at Ottawa since I sent to the K1A postal code. Apparently it’s a reserved code for the GC offices that span both cities.

I also frequently get CP packages showing delivered to my adjacent town but I receive them successfully.
Thanks. I actually sent through the courier at another postal code starting with J. But still it shows Ottawa, ON. I hope it does reach its destination safely :)

Reactions: bellaluna

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Check with the agent and see if its feasible. But not sure if they say u need a valid reason to do so and provide the proof. That's why i opted for option 1

I got this message after sending in the form

Thank you for your message of August 6, 2021.

The service channel you initially used to submit a status request for your passport application does not allow us to properly identify you as the applicant as it does not require sufficient information. As a result, we cannot divulge any information regarding your submitted application via email.

If you wish to inquire about the status of your passport application through our website, you may visit the following address:https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx?utm_source=slash-passport-status&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=generic.

We hope we were able to assist you.

Not sure...What I did wrong, I filled in all the info correctly :(

I filled in my address, my name, my email my phone number and my complaint...Not sure what other info they need?

EDITING TO ADD: LOOKS LIKE I FILL IN THE GENERAL FORM NOT THE COMPLAINT FORM, I WILL TRY AGAIN