+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Kamalpreet_28

Jul 26, 2018
This is insane
The passport office needs to step up its game
In my country of origin (India) you get your passport within less than a week for non urgent applications as well and the police comes to your place for the verification
Canadian passport office is a joke lol
More than a month just for passport? Seriously

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
This is insane
The passport office needs to step up its game
In my country of origin (India) you get your passport within less than a week for non urgent applications as well and the police comes to your place for the verification
Canadian passport office is a joke lol
More than a month just for passport? Seriously
Same with my country, you can also do it within 2 hours if you pay… this is so messed up especially after what we have been through with the citizenship process… I guess it’s the same thing here.. all depends on your office

Bambam123

May 16, 2021
Oh my god this is horrible, I need to travel end of September, my cc hasn’t been charged yet (office is Mississauga) … this is so stressful…but my friend said she waited almost 2 months for her passport so I guess this will be my case as well
This looks like the case for me. They told me to check back in 2 weeks lol. 3 more weeks and it’ll be ~2 months. Tbh, I’m okay waiting, I just need to know how long. Give me a timeline.

I told the agent they should update their timelines so people know what to expect and stop calling frequently. The US did. It’s 18 weeks normal, 12 weeks expedited over there. A friend paid for expedited and received his right after the 11th week. In Canada, processing time is “we want to say 4 weeks but we don’t know“ lol.

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
This looks like the case for me. They told me to check back in 2 weeks lol. 3 more weeks and it’ll be ~2 months. Tbh, I’m okay waiting, I just need to know how long. Give me a timeline.

I told the agent they should update their timelines so people know what to expect and stop calling frequently. The US did. It’s 18 weeks normal, 12 weeks expedited over there. A friend paid for expedited and received his right after the 11th week. In Canada, processing time is “we want to say 4 weeks but we don’t know“ lol.
Just curious, do you by any chance know your processing office?

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Last time I called the agent asked me why I am worried, I said I am travelling end of September, she then responded - plenty of time but if you still don’t have your passport by end of August you can call and we can fix it or something along those lines…not sure what she meant?? I will call again next week for sure

mra711

Jun 21, 2021
Application sent: July 06 from Edmonton
Application delivered:July 09 to Ottawa
Credit card charged: August 04 by passport office Mississauga
Passport expected to be sent by the office: August 09 (really hopeful it becomes true)

Last edited:

awesomejoe123

Jul 6, 2020
I would assume at this point the GTA locations don’t accept walk-ins—best to fill out the form for an appointment if you need a passport urgently.

If you don’t live in the GTA, lucky you.

If you need to apply for your passport as a walk in applicant in Mississauga goto the Service Canada office. They accept walkin applications as well as appointments. I applied mine last week.They verified my docs , charged my credit card and informed me that I will get my passport within 25 business days.

Reactions: bellaluna

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
If you need to apply for your passport as a walk in applicant in Mississauga goto the Service Canada office. They accept walkin applications as well as appointments. I applied mine last week.They verified my docs , charged my credit card and informed me that I will get my passport within 25 business days.
Which office did you go to if I may ask? The one on 377 Burnhamthorpe Road East or the one on 3085A Glen Erin Drive?

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Looking at this thread, seems even after oath the journey isn't complete. What is the average time after oath that you are receiving the citizenship certifcate

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hi, I sent my application from Edmonton, AB to Gatineau, QC via courier. It just got delivered today but the tracking shows that it was delivered at Ottawa, ON. Is it OK or should I call and check with Canada Post as it was sent to QC and not ON? Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi, I sent my application from Edmonton, AB to Gatineau, QC via courier. It just got delivered today but the tracking shows that it was delivered at Ottawa, ON. Is it OK or should I call and check with Canada Post as it was sent to QC and not ON? Thanks
Mine also showed delivered at Ottawa since I sent to the K1A postal code. Apparently it’s a reserved code for the GC offices that span both cities.

I also frequently get CP packages showing delivered to my adjacent town but I receive them successfully.

Last edited: