+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

jcttt

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hang in here here! The worst has passed! (Processing the citizenship!).

Nor my guarantor or references received a call or anything! Just the CC charged today.

Will keep you all posted. It should be over soon to all of us.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Ah okay. I think you should be able to get yours by this week!!! I don’t even know what went wrong with mine…. They claimed to have received it on the 26th and only entered into the system on June 2. Today is the 9th business day since they started working on it, or the 14th business day since they received it… no calls to guarantor and references… ugh it’s incredibly frustrating.
This week is your week, @BadGamer6 !!!!

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Ok thx for clarifying this. Most biometric passport in Europe requires fingerprints. But in Canada there is not such a requirement at the moment.
You're right, i recalled doing a digital thumbprint with my EU passport, I checked and there is.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
@his*marty thank you so much for your kind word throughout. And thanks to @jcttt for bringing me the good luck!!!

They have charged both applications :D

Timeline as follows: I live in the GTA.
Processing Office: Ottawa Downtown (You can get this info by asking the telephone agent)
2 Apps sent: May 18th, 2021
Received: May 25th, 2021
Officially received: May 26th, 2021 / Entered into system: June 2, 2021
CC charged: June 14, 2021

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
@his*marty thank you so much for your kind word throughout. And thanks to @jcttt for bringing me the good luck!!!

They have charged both applications :D

Timeline as follows: I live in the GTA.
Processing Office: Ottawa Downtown (You can get this info by asking the telephone agent)
2 Apps sent: May 18th, 2021
Received: May 25th, 2021
Officially received: May 26th, 2021 / Entered into system: June 2, 2021
CC charged: June 14, 2021
YAHOOOO!!!!!!!! You are almost there, my friend!!!! :) What a journey, eh? :D

Reactions: jcttt

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
They waited until almost the 14 day point, at least that keeps 10-14 days period in check.
The impatient me just gave them another call. Talking to them is actually much more enjoyable than calling IRCC. So yeah the agent said it's still in the "waiting for approval" stage but she can see that it is being actively working on as of today, no other infos are currently needed and everything looks good. I told her that my CC was charged earlier today and she said that's a very good sign and I can expect something very soon. She also said the latest it would be mailed out is next week (which of course - the 23rd). But I think CC being charged is a very good sign.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I got an "UNKNOWN" call around 12:30 today - and I thought it was the Passport Office, so I called the 6868 number right back, turns out it wasn't them (I guess the call was a spam call) and the agent told me the application is approved and in production, and should be mailed out very soon.

Getting closer :D No calls to guarantor and references :)

amyn27

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
App sent: June 2, 2021
App received: June 4, 2021
CC Charged: June 11, 2021

Waiting for the next steps. No one has reached out to my Guarantor or References so far.

Reactions: carl321

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
12 business days after receiving my passport:
We have received your application. The processing of applications has begun with expected delays.

Why is everything delayed all the time? 6 years in Canada and I'm yet to NOT hear "We're receiving higher than normal call volumes".

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
12 business days after receiving my passport:
We have received your application. The processing of applications has begun with expected delays.

Why is everything delayed all the time? 6 years in Canada and I'm yet to NOT hear "We're receiving higher than normal call volumes".
That is just… the generic reply. Call them, they are so much more helpful there.