his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello Everyone,

FYI on my Passport Application timeline:

Application Sent: May 17, 2021
Mode of Shipment: Canada Post (Xpost/Priority Post)
Application Delivered/Received: May 18, 2021
Credit Card charged: May 28, 2021

Waiting for my Passport and Certificate to arrive...............
My card was charged on 28th I'm in Winnipeg too... maybe we will get them same day!!!

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Weird thing is that passports were sent out from Ottawa as they should, but certs were sent out from Halifax, NS... Not sure why, but Canada Post states that they were first processed out of Halifax

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I received a reply from Passport Canada: Although we could have received your Canadian Passport application, it has not been examined yet nor has a file been created in your name.

How disappointing :/
Well, that is highly disappointing! :( Hopefully, in the next day or two...it's really not taking that long. It just took forever to get delivered.

ETA: It took 2 weeks for them to charge my card from the date they received it.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Weird thing is that passports were sent out from Ottawa as they should, but certs were sent out from Halifax, NS... Not sure why, but Canada Post states that they were first processed out of Halifax
I feel like it’s the same as we apply citizenship. The Gatineau location is just to check completeness then they send it off to local offices to process… however much more random on where your application is headed.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I feel like it’s the same as we apply citizenship. The Gatineau location is just to check completeness then they send it off to local offices to process… however much more random on where your application is headed.
Such a waste of time, considering it is not as complicated a matter as citienship or immigration. lol

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Just had my certificate delivered to work, I shrieked and then realized it's just the cert. lol. BUT... it came in an xpresspost in the sheet protector I sent it in. <3 It was in the work mailbox and not dropped off at the door. Included was a receipt of payment and a slip that said RETURNED DOCUMENTS with Certificate of Canadian Citizenship and Your passport will be / has been delivered to you by courier service checked off! So, I'm sure my passport will be here this week!!! OMGGGGGG I'm Canadiannnnnnnnn!!!!!! :)

joxjox19

Apr 24, 2019
Just had my certificate delivered to work, I shrieked and then realized it's just the cert. lol. BUT... it came in an xpresspost in the sheet protector I sent it in. <3 It was in the work mailbox and not dropped off at the door. Included was a receipt of payment and a slip that said RETURNED DOCUMENTS with Certificate of Canadian Citizenship and Your passport will be / has been delivered to you by courier service checked off! So, I'm sure my passport will be here this week!!! OMGGGGGG I'm Canadiannnnnnnnn!!!!!! :)

Hi hi*marty,

did you receive any email from them regarding tracking no? I haven't got mine yet. Thanks.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
All passports and certs were mailed out yesterday. Already in Mississauga. Should hit the mailbox tomorrow by my estimates

Great. Awesome. When was your credit card charged?

I just spoke to customer service and informed that credit card was charged yesterday and I need tracking number, if available. I was told to call in a weeks time. My understanding is that once the card is charged the pasaport goes to printing and mailed out in a day or two (just like your case).

I am fine to wait. I mean, I don't have a Charter plane yet waiting for me at the airport..

Last edited:

joxjox19

Apr 24, 2019
I just phoned Service Canada - Passport Services

As per the agent, my passport and CDN cert were both mailed out yesterday, May 31, 2021, in two separate packages.

He gave me the tracking # for both. When I tracked in Canada Post, they are still in transit expected to arrive in 1 to 3 days.

Almost there......