+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
For a new passport application, do we need to wait for citizenship certificate after attending the ceremony on Tuesday?

The pinned post states that you can techinically send the application the next business day to the oath which didn't make sense as one of the requirement is to send the original certificate!

New ECAS shows in progress still which could be due to a new address requested to send the certificate to.
That's pre-COVID info. Certs used to be handed out on the Oath day. Now you need to wait for the mailman

Reactions: thesonicbro

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
Can anybody confirm which address shall I use to send application by UPS / Fedex / Purolator / CanadaPost xpresspost?
The "mail" one or the "courier" one?

Someone mentioned use "mail" one for Canada express post here - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-mail-in-application-timelines.703707/post-9329811. Is that not supposed to be courier? Hence I am a bit confused.

Quick question : To which address do I need to send the passport applications if I am using Canada express post with tracking :

Address for mail:

Government of Canada
Passport Program
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0G3
Canada

OR

If using a courier:

Government of Canada
Passport Program
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau, Quebec J8T 8R1
Canada

Please let me know .Thanks in advance .

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Can anybody confirm which address shall I use to send application by UPS / Fedex / Purolator / CanadaPost xpresspost?

Someone mentioned use "mail" one for Canada express post here - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-mail-in-application-timelines.703707/post-9329811. Is that not supposed to be courier? Hence I am a bit confused.
Courier for courier, mail for mail. Xpress Post is no courier, it is tracked mail. All others are couriers

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto

Just did some research, xpresspost and priority with Canada Post are courier services offered by Canada Post. Feel free to send it to the courier address.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Courier for courier, mail for mail. Xpress Post is no courier, it is tracked mail. All others are couriers
Did some research said xpresspost and priority are courier services by Canada Post. So I think it’s fine to send them to courier address.
I did the same when I applied for citizenship.

Reactions: smtele

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017

I sent via canada express post to courier address.

Reactions: BadGamer6

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
Thanks all, appreciate the help!

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
I used Canada Post Xpresspost and sent it to the mail address in Quebec. It was delivered in Ottawa the next day, which is where the mail room was. Got my passport in 20 days ish.
Both works. But i checked on call with the support and they asked me send to courier address while using canada express post. Received passport in 15 days .

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Exactly 7 days after I sent it from the GTA - the package is now being delivered in Gatineau. A word of advice - at least for now - try not to use CP because they have severe delays...

I have a joke to share but it's stuck at Mississauga Gateway :po_O

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Use only Courier Address:
Government of Canada
Passport Program
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau, Quebec J8T 8R1
Canada

Purolator/UPS/FedEx delivers next day mostly depending on your location. Must add Signature required , it may be 6$ but ensures someone recd it and you have a tracking for your letter. If sent by mail there is no tracking as its just dropped in a box with no delivery confirmation. UPS express and , Purolator 12 pm delivery will be economical.
We used UPS From Alberta, delivered next day with receivers name. 44$

Reactions: BadGamer6

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Use only Courier Address:
Government of Canada
Passport Program
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau, Quebec J8T 8R1
Canada

Purolator/UPS/FedEx delivers next day mostly depending on your location. Must add Signature required , it may be 6$ but ensures someone recd it and you have a tracking for your letter. If sent by mail there is no tracking as its just dropped in a box with no delivery confirmation. UPS express and , Purolator 12 pm delivery will be economical.
We used UPS From Alberta, delivered next day with receivers name. 44$
MOST IMPORTANT IS YOUR ORIGINAL CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE IS IN THE ENVELOPE WHICH IS MORE THAN LIFE TIME EARNINGS

Vanecenz588

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
April 6, 2021 - bacame Canadian Citizen
April 30, 2021 - sent app
May 18, 2021 - CC charged
May 26, 2021 - delivery notice in mail box
(2 delivery paper notice )
For passport and certificate
Have to pick up at Shoppers canada post on
May 27, 2021 - Passport and citizenship certificate on hand
In the envelope is a checklist too and receipt for credit card