+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Hi guys,

Can someone who received their passport recently confirm this: do they send us any communication for tracking or process completion once the passport and certificate is sent to us ?

Thanks in advance for answering.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi guys,

Can someone who received their passport recently confirm this: do they send us any communication for tracking or process completion once the passport and certificate is sent to us ?

Thanks in advance for answering.
Hi,

Nope, no communication is sent. In some cases, applicants have been called to verify some information (residential/mailing address, for ex as reported on this forum). But otherwise you have to call/send webform to find out updates and tracking numbers for return of certificate and passport. Monitor your bank account as well, when you see that $160 being deducted (assuming you went for the 10-year passport), you’ll know they’ve started working on the file. Good luck!

Reactions: arc_1090

InGodITrust

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Hi,

Nope, no communication is sent. In some cases, applicants have been called to verify some information (residential/mailing address, for ex as reported on this forum). But otherwise you have to call/send webform to find out updates and tracking numbers for return of certificate and passport. Monitor your bank account as well, when you see that $160 being deducted (assuming you went for the 10-year passport), you’ll know they’ve started working on the file. Good luck!
Hello,

I am wondering why would the passport office call applicants to verify address? It is already mentioned on the application. Can you please clarify? Thanks in advance.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hello,

I am wondering why would the passport office call applicants to verify address? It is already mentioned on the application. Can you please clarify? Thanks in advance.
In this particular case I remembered reading, someone on the forum applied from Canada but wanted the passport mailed to an address in the US, so the office called to verify/confirm if this was the correct address. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-mail-in-application-timelines.703707/post-9020536
Like I said, it’s not a routine thing, but in certain exceptional circumstances, the applicant may receive a call.

Last edited:
Reactions: InGodITrust

falcons_Lions

Oct 29, 2015
Hi,

I am still waiting for my Oath of citizenship and I just want to clarify something. I understand that they give us a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship with the Oath. Is that the document we submit with the application for a Canadian passport? or do we need to request a Canadian Citizenship Certificate additionally? Please, help me understand I am a bit confused.

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Hi,

I am still waiting for my Oath of citizenship and I just want to clarify something. I understand that they give us a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship with the Oath. Is that the document we submit with the application for a Canadian passport? or do we need to request a Canadian Citizenship Certificate additionally? Please, help me understand I am a bit confused.
The cert you receive after oath is what you use for the passport app. No other cert is required.

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
Anybody who have sent their application last week , any update on those ? I know its too early to ask but just in case.

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Anybody who have sent their application last week , any update on those ? I know its too early to ask but just in case.
Mine was delivered on 9th, no updates or charge yet - based on one of the other applicant here, I saw their card was charged around 20 days post delivery of the application and was delivered in the following week or so. So, I am hoping mine shows the charge around next week (hoping everything is in order and they don't need any further info); not sure if they charge before verifying or after - can someone confirm?