+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
1) Expresspost. You will either have to call them/fill out the contact form online to get the tracking number.

2) You can send in the same envelope but clipped separately with the different documents.

Thanks for your response.

1) Expresspost. You will either have to call them/fill out the contact form online to get the tracking number.

I read somewhere , they send via normal post. But if they send via expresspost , then it will be safe.

2) You can send in the same envelope but clipped separately with the different documents.

OK Good as we do at other places.

Thanks again..!!!

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Thanks for your response.

I read somewhere , they send via normal post. But if they send via expresspost , then it will be safe.

OK Good as we do at other places.

Thanks again..!!!
After you take the oath when they send you your citizenship certificate, that is via normal post. That's how I got mine last year.

The passport office sent me my certificate back this year via expresspost. Good luck!

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Hey @ALEX-UK and @O'canada, congrats on the swift passports. I thought it's taking 60+ days these days, like it says on their website, but glad to know it's a lot faster. Could you please share a little more info, like-

1) Which city did you apply from for the passport?

2) Did your guarantor get a call from the passport office?
Hi @CCAI2021 Thank you very much
1) Applied from Ottawa
2) I didn't check with them about the call

Reactions: CCAI2021

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
After you take the oath when they send you your citizenship certificate, that is via normal post. That's how I got mine last year.

The passport office sent me my certificate back this year via expresspost. Good luck!
Is it like a letter size envelope in your box or an A4 size envelope handed to you by Canada Post personnel at the door? Also, how long did it take to receive it after oath ?

v44teifyn

Jan 8, 2021
Sent from London, ON. Received back in two separate envelopes for documents and passport, Expresspost Signature Required. Did not check with my guarantor as to if she received a call.

- Application Sent: Mar 01, 2021
- Application Delivered: Mar 02, 2021
- CC charged: Mar 24, 2021
- Passport Printed: Mar 31, 2021
- Passport sent from Ottawa, ON: Apr 01, 2021
- Passport Received: Apr 06, 2021
- Citizenship Certificate sent from Pointe-claire, QC: Mar 25, 2021
- Citizenship Certificate Received: Mar 29, 2021

Cp2711

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Sent from London, ON. Received back in two separate envelopes for documents and passport, Expresspost Signature Required. Did not check with my guarantor as to if she received a call.

- Application Sent: Mar 01, 2021
- Application Delivered: Mar 02, 2021
- CC charged: Mar 24, 2021
- Passport Printed: Mar 31, 2021
- Passport sent from Ottawa, ON: Apr 01, 2021
- Passport Received: Apr 06, 2021
- Citizenship Certificate sent from Pointe-claire, QC: Mar 25, 2021
- Citizenship Certificate Received: Mar 29, 2021
was your office Gatineau QC?

v44teifyn

Jan 8, 2021
was your office Gatineau QC?
I sent it to the normal address.

Government of Canada
Passport program
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0G3
Canada

My credit card was charged by Passeport Pointe-Clair, in Point Claire QC and my citizenship certificate and other documents were sent from there.

The passport was sent from Ottawa, ON.

Transylvanian

Mar 1, 2020
Can apply for passport before receiving the certificate , what have to mention on the application specific to that ? The requirements for first time application requires proof of citizenship this what is saying on the web site !

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Can apply for passport before receiving the certificate , what have to mention on the application specific to that ? The requirements for first time application requires proof of citizenship this what is saying on the web site !
No you can't apply without the certificate

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
I sent it to the normal address.

Government of Canada
Passport program
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0G3
Canada

My credit card was charged by Passeport Pointe-Clair, in Point Claire QC and my citizenship certificate and other documents were sent from there.

The passport was sent from Ottawa, ON.
Does your passport said it has been issued in Ottawa ?