+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

puj

Star Member
Jun 21, 2013
My package was picked up on Oct 28th and still in Mississauga. Last tracking information - item processed oct 29th.
I stay in Scarborough. Not even 20kms out. I should have got the package by now.
i got my citizenship certificate which also had the same time line. Coming from Winnipeg through Mississauga also.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport issued: Oct 26
Passport received: Oct 28 (express post, received in mailbox)
Citizenship certificate not yet received
Received citizenship certificate: Oct 30 (express post delivered in mailbox)

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My package was picked up on Oct 28th and still in Mississauga. Last tracking information - item processed oct 29th.
I stay in Scarborough. Not even 20kms out. I should have got the package by now.
i got my citizenship certificate which also had the same time line. Coming from Winnipeg through Mississauga also.
Is it showing expected delivery time?

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Did you see any movement on tracking info today?
My case is similar, mailed by passport canada Oct 28, it was out for delivery on oct 30 but it went back to sorting office
due to processing error.
Nothing on tracking after Oct 30

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
I am planning to send my passport application. Quick question related to certificate. We have 2 pages should we just 1 page of certificate? Also me and my husband both are applying so should we send everything together in 1 envelope?

puj

Star Member
Jun 21, 2013
Got my passport finally.! I had to pick it up from the Canada post office. As they need my signature for it.

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Passport timeline;
Appl. Delivered to Passport Program; Oct 15, 2020
CC charged Oct 23
Mailed Oct 28
Received in mailbox along with certificate ;Nov 2
No. of processing days; 2 weeks.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Passport timeline;
Appl. Delivered to Passport Program; Oct 15, 2020
CC charged Oct 23
Mailed Oct 28
Received in mailbox along with certificate ;Nov 2
No. of processing days; 2 weeks.
You’re lucky! They received my application on Oct 9. Nothing yet other than CC charge on Oct 21. Wonder if it has anything to do with it being 5 or 10 year passport.

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
You’re lucky! They received my application on Oct 9. Nothing yet other than CC charge on Oct 21. Wonder if it has anything to do with it being 5 or 10 year passport.
You should call them because your CC has been charged( good sign). They will tell you whether it is in the printing stage or not .

agapov

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally I have an update!
App Sent -- Sep 12 (from Toronto)
App Delivered -- Sep 15

(no update since then, raised a complaint and got a call from Passport Office in Vancouver last week saying that they aim to process applications from Sep 15 this week and when I see a charge, that means that they have completed the processing)

CC charged: Nov 02

Waiting for the passport and certificate

saleem_toor

Mar 22, 2011
- Application Sent: Oct 14, 2020
- Application Delivered: Oct 16, 2020
- Credit Card Charged: Oct 29, 2020
- Passport Printed: N/A
- Passport Tracking Details received: N/A
- Passport Received: Nov 2, 2020 - all received except one which is in Production
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received: N/A
- Citizenship Certificate Received: Nov 2, 2020 - all received except one

ajanarth

Sep 11, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
IELTS Request
8-04-2016
Med's Done....
8-04-2016
Passport Req..
23-11-2016
Just curious, do we need to keep a return prepaid express post envelope or that's an option ?

- Application Sent: Oct 31, 2020
- Application Delivered: Nov 03, 2020
- Credit Card Charged: Not Yet
- Passport Printed: Not Yet
- Passport Tracking Details received: Not Yet
- Passport Received: Not Yet
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received: Not Yet
- Citizenship Certificate Received: Not Yet

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
I am planning to send my passport application. Quick question related to certificate. We have 2 pages should we just 1 page of certificate? Also me and my husband both are applying so should we send everything together in 1 envelope? Can anyone please guide??

agapov

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am planning to send my passport application. Quick question related to certificate. We have 2 pages should we just 1 page of certificate? Also me and my husband both are applying so should we send everything together in 1 envelope? Can anyone please guide??
You can send both applications together. Make sure to binder them separately, so that they don't get messed up. What I did -- I put application for myself and my husband in separate white envelopes and then I put both envelopes into one Xpresspost envelope.

I don't think anyone understands what do you mean that you have 2 pages of Citizenship Certificate. Citizenship Certificate is a one page document, printed from both sides. You should have one for yourself and one for your spouse. Do you mean that your Citizneship Certificate is printed only on one side, so you have 2 one-sided prints for each of you? That sounds weird.

Reactions: elcabalito2017

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
You can send both applications together. Make sure to binder them separately, so that they don't get messed up. What I did -- I put application for myself and my husband in separate white envelopes and then I put both envelopes into one Xpresspost envelope.

I don't think anyone understands what do you mean that you have 2 pages of Citizenship Certificate. Citizenship Certificate is a one page document, printed from both sides. You should have one for yourself and one for your spouse. Do you mean that your Citizneship Certificate is printed only on one side, so you have 2 one-sided prints for each of you? That sounds weird.
no i have one certificate printed on both sides and other is i guess congratulations page.. but thanks i got that...