New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Delivered to Gatineau: Oct 06
Received passport and citizenship certificate by post: Oct 23.
congrats,
did you get them in your mailbox or hand delivered by postman?
thanks

vivek4u4me

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NOVE SCOTIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 09
Nomination.....
AINP....NOV 27 2015
AOR Received.
March/08/2016
Med's Request
NOV 07 2016
Med's Done....
NOV 08 2016
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
- Application Sent: Oct 24, 2020
- Application Delivered:
- Credit Card Charged:
- Passport Printed:
- Passport Tracking Details received:
- Passport Received:
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received:
- Citizenship Certificate Received:

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone, please I need a response to my email. I sent my passport application on the 4/10/20 and delivered 6/10/20. I called passport office today and I was only given file number. My question is when will they process my application after they created a file for the application. Thanks

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
My passport processing took about 40 days while other's got them in 3 weeks and some luckier ones in 2 weeks.
Depending on the work load some people luck out...
Don't worry, you will get your's soon.
HI s23srinivas , Can you tell me if your passport was delivered in the mailbox or hand delivered by the postman?
Also, the citizenship certificate came separate in ordinary mail or was sent with the passport?
thanks

agapov

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, please I need a response to my email. I sent my passport application on the 4/10/20 and delivered 6/10/20. I called passport office today and I was only given file number. My question is when will they process my application after they created a file for the application. Thanks
My file was created on Sep 25th. And absolutely NOTHING since then. They were supposed to scan the documents and upload into the system, but haven't even done this. So there is absolutely no guarantees.

I was fed up, so filed a complaint on Passport Services today.

rhea2722

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
My file was created on Sep 25th. And absolutely NOTHING since then. They were supposed to scan the documents and upload into the system, but haven't even done this. So there is absolutely no guarantees.

I was fed up, so filed a complaint on Passport Services today.
Similar thing on my end .. They received my application on Sept 15th, and nothing since then. There're people who've received their passports in 20 business days dot. Let us know if you receive any response from the complaint you filed.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
HI s23srinivas , Can you tell me if your passport was delivered in the mailbox or hand delivered by the postman?
Also, the citizenship certificate came separate in ordinary mail or was sent with the passport?
thanks
The citizenship certificate as well as the passport both came in canada xpresspost separately.
Both in the mailbox.

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
I don’t have any travel plans this year. So I will wait till it get processed. Thanks for the response

avro1959

Sep 13, 2014
So since it seems like everyone's passports are being delayed...what are your thoughts on setting up travel over the holidays? My family all have dual citizenship status, and have active passports in the other country. I have previously flown no issue with my son (who also has a citizenship certificate here and a valid passport in the other country) into Canada. Whenever border services would ask "what right does he have to stay?" I would say, "look further and you'll see a copy of his citizenship certificate." and they would let us in.

I don't want to risk not having a passport in time to travel, but rolling it in my brain of if I have a copy of it, and it's worked before...? Thoughts?
Pre-covid: It depends on your other citizenship. Since 2016, all Canadian dual citizens need to use their Canadian passport to re-enter the country by air. Without a Canadian passport or an ETA (travel authorization), the gate agents won't even let you board. The only exception is if you're a US citizen - in which case you can travel to Canada without an ETA and then make your case at the border that you're a Canadian - they'll let you through eventually as it's your charter right.
During covid: Canada has barred all foreign citizens from the country, including US citizens (unless they have PR, or they are close family members of Canadian residents, or a US citizen visiting for non-tourism reasons)
Long story short: you need your Canadian passport to re-enter.

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
The citizenship certificate as well as the passport both came in canada xpresspost separately.
Both in the mailbox.
Thanks. Isn't Xpresspost delivered by hand with signature of the receiver?

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Thanks. Isn't Xpresspost delivered by hand with signature of the receiver?
Correct. They didn’t drop it in my mailbox but took it back and I had to go pick it up from the nearest post office and only after I signed it. At least that was in my case..

Last edited:

Caitlyn T

Apr 21, 2019
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
Pre-covid: It depends on your other citizenship. Since 2016, all Canadian dual citizens need to use their Canadian passport to re-enter the country by air. Without a Canadian passport or an ETA (travel authorization), the gate agents won't even let you board. The only exception is if you're a US citizen - in which case you can travel to Canada without an ETA and then make your case at the border that you're a Canadian - they'll let you through eventually as it's your charter right.
During covid: Canada has barred all foreign citizens from the country, including US citizens (unless they have PR, or they are close family members of Canadian residents, or a US citizen visiting for non-tourism reasons)
Long story short: you need your Canadian passport to re-enter.
Thanks for the reply.

So, unfortunately, it is US citizenship. So even with a copy of my certificate proving my citizenship, and my driver's license showing where I live, AND my US passport verifying my identity, you don't think there's any chance they'll let me through?