Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Today's update is almost not an update.
1. I called the sixth officer and (she) immediately put me on a file transfer. OK.
2. Soon after, the local passport office called me, finally I knew my file number after 5 months, but this officer questioned me over travel date, destination, and by what means. Then this guy went on lengthy and repetitive explanations, did not allow me to explain or ask, and then hanged me up.
This has never happened to me before with any govt agency in Canada or another country.
I am writing to my local MP to at least complain.

And for the general public, I say this. This passport office, or offices, cannot just simply put me on a file transfer, and then a local office just refuses my call and so on. It doesn't make any sense. They collectively are kicking around my case. You cannot require citizens to travel with a passport and NOT give them one. It doesn't make sense. This is a direct democracy with Charter rights to everybody.

I am not complaining for the first day or month. Almost 6 months, and the newest reply was to hang me up. Seriously?

Update: the local MP's coordinator invited me for intervention. I signed forms and this officer will help follow up. I guess I don't have to call further.

Last edited:

I have given the UPS PO Box address ..will they deliver it there and get the UPS store guy signature
Chances are they will leave a pickup note/slip and you'd have to pick up at the nearest post office as indicated on the slip.

Gerry626

Feb 28, 2022
Update to my Passport Application. 1st time Application, mailed from BC to Mississauga:

May 31: Received
Sept 27: Called for an update since my CC still hasn't been charged, was told everything looks okay in my file.
Oct 11: Called again, no other updates except that it's in progress. Managed to get my file number.

19 weeks and waiting, no CC charge. Was told that it sometimes happens. Anybody else waiting since May?

Last edited:

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Update to my Passport Application. 1st time Application, mailed from BC to Mississauga:

May 31: Received
Sept 27: Called for an update since my CC still hasn't been charged, was told everything looks okay in my file.
Oct 11: Called again, no other updates except that it's in progress. Managed to get my file number.

19 weeks and waiting, no CC charge. Was told that it sometimes happens. Anybody else waiting since May?
Time to get help from your MP as thats a long time to wait…..it shouldn’t take that long…..

junlim

Feb 19, 2018
Hello, I just called and they said they will transfer my file to a local office (Vancouver) What happens then? They said it's not guaranteed :(

If you have to go in-person for expedited service, would you have to bring all your original documentation? What if I still haven't received my citizenship certificate back from my mailed in application?

Also, how do you contact your MP? Do you just email them for help?

Thank you!

Hello, I just called and they said they will transfer my file to a local office (Vancouver) What happens then? They said it's not guaranteed :(

If you have to go in-person for expedited service, would you have to bring all your original documentation? What if I still haven't received my citizenship certificate back from my mailed in application?

Also, how do you contact your MP? Do you just email them for help?

Thank you!
The local office will (in theory) call you close to your travel date with next steps.

smanalik

Mar 21, 2017
Finally got kids passport after 4 months 10 days

Children's Passport Renewal
Submitted: June 02, 2022, submitted at Service Canada Walk-in.
Called multiple Times till 29th of Sep. and kept getting response in progress. on 29 Sep, agent said that I can ask for local transfer on 03 Oct, as my travel date was 02 Nov.
Tried calling till late afternoon on 03 Oct, and did not go through.
Decided to walk-in to Passport Office Brampton, stood in line for 3 Hrs, the person and Window noted down file number, and my phone number and said that the manager will call me in 2-3 days and I will have to go to Mississauga to collect Passport.
No One called the whole week, 10th was a holiday.
Decided to call the 1-888 number once again on 11th monday at 08:30 am, go through in 15 mins, and was told that the passport is shipped and they gave tracking number.
Received the Passport today : 12 Oct, 2022

No Manager called me, and no one called the Guarantor.

When Submitting the Passport they asked at service Canada whether I would like to have the old passport, I said yes, but in the canadapost only new passport came, does anyone know if we will receive old passport.
I am not sure if I will need old passport for travel, my kid has an OCI, and her old passport number is in the OCI card. I have option to update it online with new passport. but not sure if old physical one is still needed.

dans

Sep 13, 2018
passed almost 17 weeks (June 20th), I called 1-800 number and they told me it's approved and in production since last week where it takes 5-10 business days + mailing time 1-2 days, Maybe next week I will have it; no guarantor or reference has been called.

Reactions: canvis2006