+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Passport applied at Service Canada: Sep 16, 2022 (no travel date specified at the time)
Transfer requested: Oct 7, 2022 (since now I need to travel in <45 business days), email confirmation received.

Now waiting for that elusive call/update from the Passport Office close by. Was told to follow-up with 6868 two weeks prior to travel date on status of transfer request.

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Finally received my passport today! Exactly 4 months!

Applied in person at Service Canada June 7th
Mail out date was supposed to be Aug 4th :D
Called once on Oct 4th, was told passport is in production
CanadaPost left a notice Oct 6th
Passport picked up Oct 7th
Passport issuing date Sept 29
Tracker activated on Oct 5th

Applied in Vancouver, passport issuing office is Mississauga ...so it means even if you apply at your nearest Service Canada, they still send your docs to another office for processing, ugh :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Finally received my passport today! Exactly 4 months!

Applied in person at Service Canada June 7th
Mail out date was supposed to be Aug 4th :D
Called once on Oct 5th, was told passport is in production
CanadaPost left a notice Oct 6th
Passport picked up Oct 7th

Applied in Vancouver, passport issuing office is Mississauga ...so it means even if you are apply at your nearest Service Canada, they still send your docs to another office for processing, ugh :rolleyes:
Yep. I applied in the Greater MTL area, and current processing office is Gatineau, QC.

• Sad
Reactions: leka

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
I am updating my timeline. Briefly, it is:
Application sent, Apr 22.
2nd call, Aug 15: I clarified my application. The officer, now that I learned, did NOT actually take note and put it on my file. I was in the dark, and I waited for 20 business days aka 1 month.
3rd call, Sep 1: This officer saw no issue. Sure, because the previous officer didn't do anything!
4th call, Sep 15: This officer asked me for the same clarifications from Aug 15. Now he knows his colleague didn't do anything, and put things on my file during the call. He's telling me to wait for another month.

I'll expect it in Oct instead of today, one month from now. I'll probably call again to see if anything is missing. Sep 19, Sep 30, and Oct 10 are all holidays, btw.

Who among you from April are still waiting?
I applied in Late May.

I think Passport Canada asked both of us for the same "clarification".

The first call centre agent that I have talked to , also didn't update my file.

I called them a second time this week, and now the 2nd agent transferred my case to my local office, and I have received an email of the transfer.

How about you?

Reactions: tco23

mmoin

Jul 22, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
12-Oct-2016
AOR Received.
24-Oct-2016
File Transfer...
26-Oct-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-Jun-2016
Passport Req..
07-Nov-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-Nov-2017
Passport applied at Service Canada: Sep 16, 2022 (no travel date specified at the time)
Transfer requested: Oct 7, 2022 (since now I need to travel in <45 business days), email confirmation received.

Now waiting for that elusive call/update from the Passport Office close by. Was told to follow-up with 6868 two weeks prior to travel date on status of transfer request.
Quick question if you don’t mind - did you call to request the transfer or go to a Service Canada centre? I’m trying to determine what’s the most efficient way to do this. Thanks for your help in advance!

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
We have the same timeline! We picked our passport on sep 29th from an office but no update on certificate yet. Please let us know when you receive it.
I also got my certificate back; I had to pick it up from Canada Post today.

Now I gotta prepare another application to surrender my Indian citizenship. :|

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I applied in Late May.

I think Passport Canada asked both of us for the same "clarification".

The first call centre agent that I have talked to , also didn't update my file.

I called them a second time this week, and now the 2nd agent transferred my case to my local office, and I have received an email of the transfer.

How about you?
I heard nothing but from what you have above, it seems to be some progress for your case. I feel the need of calling again simply because I was told many times, any time during my timeline, that agents can be at-home workers who do work for the federal but not necessarily regular nor dedicated nor essentially having reliable or trustworthy access to anybody's file.

My prior story was one such example. Also, when you said so, while I am not yet travelling, nobody actually would transfer my file (until, say, mid November). In short, I guess I'll call again then.

• Sad
Reactions: cococly

dans

Sep 13, 2018
Did you notice that now max time to wait for passport is 20 business days??? no more 17 weeks. And I have 17 weeks and nothing!
what's the 1-866 number to call and what do I need to identify myself?

Reactions: 8494193

Did you notice that now max time to wait for passport is 20 business days??? no more 17 weeks. And I have 17 weeks and nothing!
what's the 1-866 number to call and what do I need to identify myself?
Yes. I don't know if its some glitch or whatever, but the whole 17-week timeline mentions have been removed everywhere: How to apply for an adult passport in Canada - Canada.ca (Are we back to the regular 20-business day processing time? :) )