+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
I had my oath ceremony yesterday and sent the signed oath form via email right after the ceremony was over. I still do not see any update on the tracker, is that normal?
Update usually takes a couple of days to show up

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I am updating my timeline. Briefly, it is:
Application sent, Apr 22.
2nd call, Aug 15: I clarified my application. The officer, now that I learned, did NOT actually take note and put it on my file. I was in the dark, and I waited for 20 business days aka 1 month.
3rd call, Sep 1: This officer saw no issue. Sure, because the previous officer didn't do anything!
4th call, Sep 15: This officer asked me for the same clarifications from Aug 15. Now he knows his colleague didn't do anything, and put things on my file during the call. He's telling me to wait for another month.

I'll expect it in Oct instead of today, one month from now. I'll probably call again to see if anything is missing. Sep 19, Sep 30, and Oct 10 are all holidays, btw.

Who among you from April are still waiting?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: cococly

rh123

Aug 24, 2022
i asked for transfer request 3 weeks ago that i need passport on sept 16 ( travel date is 24 oct but need 5weeks for visa application).
Till now i didn't receive any call, so i called call centre and she told me that my transfer request goes through but she doesn't know when they will call me. and she mentioned that transfer request was for 24 sept not for 16sept.
but 24 sept would be too late for me. Now i don't know what to do.
Should i go and line up tomorrow ??
Any suggestions??

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi:
I will be applying for my passport soon. I plan to travel internationally on a trip in December. Can I apply for an express passport? or does my travel need to be an emergency?

rh123

Aug 24, 2022
Hi:
I will be applying for my passport soon. I plan to travel internationally on a trip in December. Can I apply for an express passport? or does my travel need to be an emergency?
I was at passport office today and what i notice is that they prioritize people by there travel date. If you are travelling in dec then you will be at least priority (if you have to get visa to travel then mention it) but they will submit your application and tell you when you will be getting your passport not like mailing applications where you don't know anything.

Reactions: tco23

I applied by mail 10 days ago. My credit card was charged yesterday and today one of my references was called. I'm very surprised how quick this is going. Keeping my fingers crossed for fast processing.
Do keep us posted on the progress! :)

fly_van

Star Member
May 3, 2020
I am preparing my passport application and need some clarification on the following.

1. Page 3 - Section 7(B) - Is it mandatory to provide the employer's telephone? Is it okay if we left this blank?
2. Page 3 - Section 9 - The form says that the emergency contact information is optional. Does anyone have any experience of leaving this blank?
3. Do we need to print all pages of the application including guidelines or just the first three pages will suffice?
Hi there, did you leave the employer's telephone blank and no impact ?