+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Mleung611

Jun 19, 2019
Applied in Person @Service Canada with no travel dates: May 13
Online status request: June 15
Reply to online status request: Sept 9 - in examination

exactly 17 weeks to the day and not so patiently waiting.

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Finally!

Applied at a Service Canada location in Toronto on May 2nd.
I called a couple time in between in July and August and they said it was in review.
On Sep 7th, I called to get it expedited with travel plans and I was told my passport was approved and is just waiting to be mailed out. They told me a week.
On Sep 9th, I got my passport!! Exactly 19 weeks for me, almost hit the 5-month mark.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Application Sent: AUG 25 2020
- Application Delivered: AUG 26, 2020
- Passport Printed:SEPT 18
- Passport Tracking Details received:SEPT 21
- Passport Received:SEPT23
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received:SEPT 16
- Citizenship Certificate Received:SEPT 18
You applied for express?

rajendras9

Sep 13, 2022
You applied for express?
Hello friends do we get the passport and citizenship certificate tracking details over the email and if it was for the whole family passport application then all of us going to receive individual emails and going to receive individual documents or all together.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi there, new to this forum and recognizing some of the names in here from being in this forum since 2014!!!!!!!! Delighted to be moving into a further queue on the passport front. I sent my application for a first passport yesterday. I have been looking back at this forum and see that we can expect to wait upto 17 weeks for the passport. But I also saw mention that things have sped up a bit since the April/May. Can anyone give me an idea of how long to expect to wait given the application was posted on Sept 12? Thanks!

rome5000

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Hello friends do we get the passport and citizenship certificate tracking details over the email and if it was for the whole family passport application then all of us going to receive individual emails and going to receive individual documents or all together.
Hi, no emails with tracking information. And me and my partner received 2 separate envelopes together same day.

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
19 Sep is now a federal holiday, Trudeau told us. One more day for procrastination, and this is also a reminder that don't try to call on this date. I am still waiting and burning with impatience.

Reactions: km9203

jottt1

Jan 9, 2020
I got my child’s passport today 13 sept 2022 along with her Birth certificate by Xpresspost . Thank you everyone and all the best to the waiting ones!!
Here’s my timeline
Application sent May 7
Application received May 9
CC Charged June 22
Called 6868 number couple of time always got the same response your application is under examination. As i don't have any travel plans i never bothered. So today without any prior notification by email or message i got this package dropped by Xpresspost delivery guy.

Reactions: fafa3002

janklaas

Jun 13, 2019
Applied in Person @Service Canada with no travel dates: May 13
Online status request: June 15
Reply to online status request: Sept 9 - in examination

exactly 17 weeks to the day and not so patiently waiting.
Applied the week after…May 19 , getting ridiculously long for just a passport .
Not travelling before the end of December but my wife applied in July , at first we weren’t too worried but as this whole passport administration seems to be a total mess it is getting a bit worrisome.
On top of all that, I wonder if there will be delays changing all “Queen” mentions in passport to “King “

rajendras9

Sep 13, 2022
I got my child’s passport today 13 sept 2022 along with her Birth certificate by Xpresspost . Thank you everyone and all the best to the waiting ones!!
Here’s my timeline
Application sent May 7
Application received May 9
CC Charged June 22
Called 6868 number couple of time always got the same response your application is under examination. As i don't have any travel plans i never bothered. So today without any prior notification by email or message i got this package dropped by Xpresspost delivery guy.
Hello please confirm if they sent any email tracking before sending you the passport

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Hello please confirm if they sent any email tracking before sending you the passport
They dont send any tracking details to you. If you are worried about the supporting documents getting lost in the mail, just apply in person, so they check your certificate and id's on the spot and give it back to you right away. Apparently applying at Service Canada and mailing your documents in takes the same time (3-5 months now)

mkm221

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
I had my oath ceremony yesterday and sent the signed oath form via email right after the ceremony was over. I still do not see any update on the tracker, is that normal?