Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
*** Just wanted to update the thread with the information I got from Passport Office or 6868 number:- 17 weeks of processing time starts from the day they start working on mailed in applications. In my case application was received in May and then, agent said we started working on your application on 4th August. As per agent, its 17 weeks from 4th Aug which is ridiculous.. sorry
If I may summarize my experiences and the few replies including this one above:
1. may I repeat that in this call above, I was told, "you clarified your issues on 15 Aug. Nothing more to clarify. So we start processing your passport from that date for 20 business days" (i.e. until Sep 12), and then 2 more days for xpresspost.
2. This is important because in the call of Aug 8 I wasn't told I had issues "your passport can come before Sep if you have no issues". They found issues after the call, and did not call me. If I had not called on 15 Aug, my case could have been put on hold for another few weeks/months.
3. Written requests and complaint, from me, went unanswered. Call, then question the officer if they have issues with you. You cannot know if they picked issues but did not call you on their own. Call. Them. When. In. Doubt.

imm01

Nov 21, 2021
*** Just wanted to update the thread with the information I got from Passport Office or 6868 number:- 17 weeks of processing time starts from the day they start working on mailed in applications. In my case application was received in May and then, agent said we started working on your application on 4th August. As per agent, its 17 weeks from 4th Aug which is ridiculous.. sorry
I don't agree to this, it's 17 weeks from the day they received the application (+ mailing time). How would one know when they started working on their application? In that case the processing time doesn't make sense at all..it could extend upto any duration and they might say we're within our service standard.... this is wrong information

imm01

Nov 21, 2021
Hello, If anybody who applied in May 2022 received their passport/Citizenship cert recently, request to post their timeline. I submitted my application during last week of May, CC charged during 2nd week of June and no further update yet...
Didn't call yet, nor provided any travel date, but getting impatient day by day.....

rome5000

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Hello, If anybody who applied in May 2022 received their passport/Citizenship cert recently, request to post their timeline. I submitted my application during last week of May, CC charged during 2nd week of June and no further update yet...
Didn't call yet, nor provided any travel date, but getting impatient day by day.....
PP Application sent by mail - May 1,2022
PP application received - May 2, 2022

CC charged - June 14, 2022
Passport and Citizenship certificate received: August 10, 2022.

This is my 1st passport, no travel date, never contacted them, just patiently waited and Guarantor was never called.

Reactions: Genesis76 and imm01

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hey guys,

This journey is over. I did receive my passport this Thursday at Toronto passport office (Victoria street).

Application received on April 1st, so it was exactly 5 months.

I did request a file transfer and then contacted my MP. It did really help.

My advice, just ask for a file transfer or book a ticket, these guys are very unreliable, worst customer service I've ever had in my life, nobody knows anything.

Next time I am going to apply for express passport, no questions.

Printing a passport in the first world country for 5 months way too much and it probably could be more if I didn't do anything about it.

Last edited:

stimitak

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Called passport office on 6868 number and lucky to get in touch with an agent.
Informed that your transfer request is not yet processed by Surrey office. As it was more than 13 weeks so agent said now it’s 17 weeks or 4 months.

They don’t care about anyones priorities and only bother about the people who are traveling in few days by the looks of it.

I am totally frustrated by the response from call centre. No one cares about the notes on your case etc.

** App sent via mail to Mississauga**
Hi, if you dont mind, what is the full 6868 number to reach? I am just now starting to reach out after I submitted my application for my daugther at Service Canada on 06-June.

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
I have an update.

Applied in person at a Service Canada in North York on May 2nd 2022. I have a travel date planned on Jan 10th. So I called today (and it took me 45 mins on hold plus trying relentlessly from 10 a.m. to about 1 p.m. to go through) to explain that before I do that I have to surrender my Indian passport (processing time 8 weeks) and apply for entry visa (4-6 weeks). So I told them I need my passport like today to do these 2 things before my Jan 10th and I wanted to basically expedite it as if my travel is within 10 days (even though my travel is in Jan). He checked my status and LoL, my application is approved and is waiting to be mailed out.

BUT, of course there is a but, they don't have an expected time that I would receive it. So now I am supposed to call them again in a week to get a tracking number. It is my 19th week now. Hopefully, I will get it in another 2 weeks and that should just take me to a 5 months' timeline!!!

Reactions: tco23

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
Finally our journey to becoming Canadian citizens is over! my wife finally got her passport yesterday!!! she had called twice before asking for her status, and she had been told that the file was under review since May 10, the day they received the application. yesterday we went to the local London office to try to get it expedited with travel plans, and while we were returning home, her mother called from home saying the passport had been delivered!!!thankfully she was at home to receive it, otherwise we would have been running again to find the passport! thanks to all of you for your support and all the best to everyone on this Canadian journey.

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Finally the journey ends for citizenship to Canada, applied mail in on Jun 03 , in anticipation 9 weeks i shall have my passport, then on 9th week Passport Canada website update the time line to 13 weeks, I wasn't so concern since had no travel plans yet, but on 13th week got shocker now it is 17 weeks. Immediately called Passport Canada at their 6868 # on Sep 2nd (waited for 45 mins , finally got an agent on call ), informed i had travels planned in anticipation of getting my passport on the 13th week to travel to US by road, so I asked for transfer to local office, (gave them couple location choices) got to say the agent was very polite and helpful , she put in the transfer request. Got the email confirmation right away, but she cautioned they might not accept all transfers, i asked can i make my case stronger by booking flight tickets, she said it is still office discretion to accept the transfer or not. Lucky read some other members post in this thread of getting call on the weekends from transfer office (No CallerID) to come and pick the passport anytime after Sep 08th 10:00am . Finally today Sept 08, went to Mississauga location , no big line just up few people in front of me , but was in a out in less than 30 mins. Icing on the case wasn't charged any for the transfer fee and no they did not ask for proof , which i was prepared with hotel booking in US. Also i had my Canadian Citizenship certificate delivered Sept 07th.

Wishing you all best.

mkm221

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
are the ceremonies oath going to be postponed after the death of the queen?? the oath has the queen's name

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
are the ceremonies oath going to be postponed after the death of the queen?? the oath has the queen's name
the next king is appointed immediately on death of previous monarch. so in my humble opinion the ceremonies wont be cancelled, just now it will be in the name of the King instead of the queen.

mkm221

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
the next king is appointed immediately on death of previous monarch. so in my humble opinion the ceremonies wont be cancelled, just now it will be in the name of the King instead of the queen.
The oath of citizenship that we have to sign and email back on the day of ceremony, has the queen's name

DrPassion

Sep 7, 2021
The oath of citizenship that we have to sign and email back on the day of ceremony, has the queen's name
I`m pretty sure they have a template about this. if they want they can keep the ceremonies going by changing the wording and emailing out to everyone, or accept the current oath in lieu of the new wording. Completely up to the concerned offices probably. I wish you all the best and hope the oath ceremony is done asap for you!

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Someone had shared that their Citizenship Ceremony Today ( Sep 8, 2022) was with King Charles III in place of Queen Elizabeth II in the oath.

Reactions: GD.Iron.80