+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Kashmira89

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
Hii All,

For fresh passport application, the photo studio has stamped behind the picture snd the stamp has sentence” I certify this to be true likeliness of “ . Is it okay if I just type the name and my guarantor signs it with date. Or do I have to rewrite that sentence?

fafa3002

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Hii All,

For fresh passport application, the photo studio has stamped behind the picture snd the stamp has sentence” I certify this to be true likeliness of “ . Is it okay if I just type the name and my guarantor signs it with date. Or do I have to rewrite that sentence?
Your guarantor not you writes your name and signs and dates (optional but I wouldn't risk it) the back of the photo. If the stamp says ”I certify this to be true likeliness of“ then your guarantor doesn't need to write this sentence again.

Reactions: tco23

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Final update for application:

Here is my timeline:

Application Sent: April 13, 2022
Application Delivered: April 14, 2022
CC Charged : May 11, 2022
Received Passport: August 9, 2022
Citizenship Certificate: August 11, 2022
Notes: No calls to passport centre, no travel dates, just waited

Both passport and citizenship certificate were sent by xpress post.

;)My immigration journey is finally over, I began as an international student in 2012 and became a Canadian citizen in 2022, 10 years in Canada yay!

Good luck with your applications, and hopefully you will receive your documents soon.
Do they usually send it back in xpress post or you had to send an empty prepaid envelop to get it back with xpress post?

Johntierney

Feb 9, 2022
Became a citizen at the end of June, and my mail in application was delivered on July 13th. Still no charge to my CC.

Just asked for an update via the website.
Anyone else have such a long time pass with no charge to the credit card?

These delays are crazy. I didnt book travel directly because of this, but looks like tonnes are gaming the system. Pretty sad to see

• Wow
Reactions: tco23

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Became a citizen at the end of June, and my mail in application was delivered on July 13th. Still no charge to my CC.

These delays are crazy. I didnt book travel directly because of this, but looks like tonnes are gaming the system. Pretty sad to see
well at least you are quick.
my brief timeline is
last Oct: citizen, then, because I was out of luck with finding references - south of us, my US friends thought "why do you need references!?" - so
this Apr: actually applying
this May, exactly one month: CC charged.
If my passport doesn't arrive by tmr, when the guy in the first call I made said "it will within August", I'll have to call again.

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
Hey everyone, I have a question.
I applied for passport at the end of April. Since then I did not contact them or anything.

I got a phone call this weekend from Passport Canada wanting to talk to me about location? I did not pick up as I was away and the phone call came from "Unknown Caller" and did not make much of it.
Did anyone have them call you? What is it about? I am yet to call them back, afraid it might be a scam or something else? Thanks.

heartcanada

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020

My package was sent in July 29 and my travel is Unknown too. It's been a month and no CC charged yet.

Reactions: Johntierney

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
What proof of need/proof of travel do you need?

We just want to visit friends in Seattle. We had it planned a while. I can show a hotel booking in Seattle. Is that enough?

Also, has anyone waited in line as a walk in in Vancouver? How long did it take?

rh123

Aug 24, 2022
Is there anyone who's file being transferred to Surrey office and the office actually calls to pickup passport??

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi all.
Please help I need some clarification. In the passport application form it asks to state any previous travel document. Is PR card considered a travel document whose details need to mentioned here?

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Hi all.
Please help I need some clarification. In the passport application form it asks to state any previous travel document. Is PR card considered a travel document whose details need to mentioned here?
Are you applying for the first canadian passport, right? Is it section 3? Then just choose No.

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Do they usually send it back in xpress post or you had to send an empty prepaid envelop to get it back with xpress post?
Both passport and certificate were sent to me through xpresspost. You don't have to do anything, no need to send prepaid envelop

veerapan89

Apr 17, 2017
Mine was charged on July 11th.

I talked to a service representative today & they mentioned that data verification is completed. Does anyone know what this means?
No idea but I received my passport today. Although they didn't send my citizenship certificate along with it. Does anyone have any idea when they send it?