NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER 3rd March
AOR Received.
26TH AUG.2015 ( we started processing your app. on March 24th, 2015)
Passport Req..
1st September 2016
VISA ISSUED...
9th September 2016
LANDED..........
25th December 2016
We sent 3 applications (family) by mail on June 23 and it was delivered on June 27.
CC got charged on July 15th for all 3 of us.
I received my citizenship certificate today in the mail with a note saying that my passport has already been delivered or will be delivered by courier.

When can I expect to receive my passport?
Have you received your passports?

Reactions: Sandy1310

ratul2k14

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
11-02-15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-15
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Hello, Was wondering if anyone has a recent experience with the "Standard pickup" option for Passport. Is that Applying in Person and then Picking up in person, with an additional Fee of $20? Do you need proof that you need to urgently travel for this option as well? I am in the Ottawa area, so I would like to hear your experience if you did the "Standard pickup" at the Ottawa/Gatineau office.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
I finally was able to reach service Canada. After a 45 minute phone call, I received confirmation that the application was not even started since April.
They sent an email to the passport officer and within 1 week, I should see a status of change on the application.
I’m supposed to phone back in a weeks time.
Since it’s over 13 weeks from the initial application they will be surprised if no status change on the application after sending an email to the passport officer that it needs to be actioned .
Basically I’m keeping my hopes up and that it will be delivered to the residence in 2 weeks time now.
Been here , done that. Basically the agents who deal with us on phone have no way to get in touch with the officers , so all they can do is post notes on the application so that when the officer will eventually open the file which could be after 6 months, he/she can chose to read those notes or ignore them. I have tried to get the application transferred locally and there is literally no help available, even my MP is of no use, he basically asked me to book a refundable ticket and stand in line. What is funny is Passport Canada twitter handle keeps asking people to bring a proof of need of passport, are they really that naïve that they think people will apply for passport for no need?

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Been here , done that. Basically the agents who deal with us on phone have no way to get in touch with the officers , so all they can do is post notes on the application so that when the officer will eventually open the file which could be after 6 months, he/she can chose to read those notes or ignore them. I have tried to get the application transferred locally and there is literally no help available, even my MP is of no use, he basically asked me to book a refundable ticket and stand in line. What is funny is Passport Canada twitter handle keeps asking people to bring a proof of need of passport, are they really that naïve that they think people will apply for passport for no need?
He assured me that the application will be actioned within a week. Is it possible that the agent that I engaged is different than the agents from the normal heldesk phone number off 1-800-567-6868 or the 819 number?
Thanks

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
i understand it is frustrating, i myself waited for 4 months but now they are improving drastically. Which is really good and by next month or so it will be all normal. So we are past the peak now! :)
What is the source of the statement? Is any news to justify it, so far I did not see any happy customers praising the passport office for "improving drastically".

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
What is the source of the statement? Is any news to justify it, so far I did not see any happy customers praising the passport office for "improving drastically".
well few of my friends and family members are getting it. so just my personal experience.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Do you mean if applied at Service Canada, we can expedite without additional fees? I have applied in person at Service Canada first week of June and when called them they are asking to go directly to local passport office, pay additional fee and expedite.
Also could anyone please advise that is it worth to go directly to local passport office as I don’t know local office has even accepted my request. I heard the queue is long enough and I have newborn whom I can’t leave at home. I am traveling in mid Aug.
see this please? if it applies to you?

“If your travel is scheduled in the next week and you have mailed in your passport application or applied at a non-passport Service Canada Centre and you do not have your passport, you should go to the nearest passport office to request a transfer of your application file. If you mailed in your passport application and it was not processed within the 20 business day service standard, all additional processing and pick up fees will be waived.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/news/2022/07/statement-from-minister-gould-on-the-passport-program-situation.html

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
well, few of my friends and family members are getting it. so just my personal experience.
They must be the lucky ones, hope everyone gets their passports as quickly as they. It's so annoying to wait, be clueless and keep calling and asking again and again for the status.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
He assured me that the application will be actioned within a week. Is it possible that the agent that I engaged is different than the agents from the normal heldesk phone number off 1-800-567-6868 or the 819 number?
Thanks
I completed 14 weeks today, entering 15th week tomorrow and I am currently on a call with the agent and she is saying she will send an email to the officer, by officer she means her supervisor and her supervisor will analyze and decide if she is supposed to get in touch with office, she is also saying that if I requested for local office, the supervisor will probably ignore my email and will not send it to the office asking for updates.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
They must be the lucky ones, hope everyone gets their passports as quickly as they. It's so annoying to wait, be clueless and keep calling and asking again and again for the status.
see this no extra cost... Just visit any Service canada and request for transfer of file!

FACT: So long as your application is complete, you will not be charged additional fees if we do not meet our published service standards. This includes transfer and pick-up fees.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
see this no extra cost... Just visit any Service canada and request for transfer of file!

FACT: So long as your application is complete, you will not be charged additional fees if we do not meet our published service standards. This includes transfer and pick-up fees.
Thank you so much for sharing the valuable info. Do they need travel proof for transfer? I called them yesterday and the agent said it's in production and can take 2 more weeks before mailing out. I'm so confused if I should request a transfer or just wait for 2-3 weeks. BTW I applied on April 7th at a service Canada location.

Ahv

Mar 13, 2016
Hi All, I am planning to apply for Canada Passport. Not able to decide - by mail or In-person at passport office?
Can you guys suggest based on your experience. In-person appointments are not available for next 1 month. I am in Toronto. Thanks!

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
I was on call with a service agent and I was told that once the transfer request is made, the Ottawa office basically just sits & waits for the local office to decide if the application will be processed or not, so we essentially miss out on days of work, last time I called them they said both parties keep working on the file in parallel and now they told me only 1 party can work at one time. Also, what that means is that basically till its 24-48 hours left in urgent application my application is just dead with nobody working on the file :(

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Please, someone, tell me that they get their passport and it wasn't urgent processing. It's like the passport office is completely shut down and not working at all. Looks like everyone is waiting.