+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
For me, 13th week will be completed by end of tomorrow. Let's see.
I was on call with a agent this morning, having completed 13 weeks today, she said they can only put notes on file that it is past due and they have no way to bring it to the processing officer's attention, and although I completed 13 weeks it is still under examination

• Sad
Reactions: humerarehman

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
yeah I got exactly the same message saying their office is closed and call back during business hours mon-fri between 7am-8pm ET... which is exactly when i called... jeez!
there working hours are really narrow, basically call only works after 9AM till 4:30PM PST, after 4:30 even if you connect, worse case scenario no one will answer when your turn comes

Reactions: humerarehman

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
there working hours are really narrow, basically call only works after 9AM till 4:30PM PST, after 4:30 even if you connect, worse case scenario no one will answer when your turn comes
I called them at 10:00 am and 11:00 am EST. :rolleyes:

rome5000

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
My passport has been in production for like 2 weeks ...called yesterday and they advised it's still in production .

Applied on 31st March in person at service Canada

Is this normal ?
A friend of mine applied in person on the 10th of March and still no passport.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
I was on call with a agent this morning, having completed 13 weeks today, she said they can only put notes on file that it is past due and they have no way to bring it to the processing officer's attention, and although I completed 13 weeks it is still under examination
Same here, Mine is under examination too. It's so frustrating, I applied on 7th of April at service Canada location. I called them twice but nothing changed so far. God knows what they doing.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
yeah I got exactly the same message saying their office is closed and call back during business hours mon-fri between 7am-8pm ET... which is exactly when i called... jeez!
Try Calling them between 2-3 pm and be consistent. Keep calling them. You will get through within 10-15 Attempts.

kzaman

May 31, 2015
My passport has been in production for like 2 weeks ...called yesterday and they advised it's still in production .

Applied on 31st March in person at service Canada

Is this normal ?
My passport has been in production for 4 weeks now. Whenever I call they say to check back in 2 weeks

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hi,

Could you please let me know when telephone number you dialed to speak to an agent? The number I call always has an automated message. Thank you

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
received a call yesterday from my local VO saying my sons passport was ready for pickup today. Went down. In and out in 10 mins.

FINALLY. This is over. Good luck everyone else.
Congratulations, how come your local VO called? Do you have immediate travel plans?

CaptBasil

May 10, 2022
Wow, this is interesting so the agent said its under examination and passports showed up in a week, I wonder if your MP calling in helped with the file transfer and the agent didn't see any status change, does it show where the passports were printed/issued? Is it Ottawa or your local office?
There was no file transfer. I didn’t request for any. Passport issued from Gatineau.

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
received a call yesterday from my local VO saying my sons passport was ready for pickup today. Went down. In and out in 10 mins.

Congratulations .Did you have travel plans?. I do have ticket on July 30th and I did request transfer for my newborn last week. Waiting for call from London office. I didn't hear anything today and loosing hope. Any suggestions?. Thank you

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016

Congratulations .Did you have travel plans?. I do have ticket on July 30th and I did request transfer for my newborn last week. Waiting for call from London office. I didn't hear anything today and loosing hope. Any suggestions?. Thank you