Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hi - I was hoping to get some advice on making a passport application for my newborn. We need to travel back to the UK as soon as possible as my partner's father (newborn's grandfather) has been diagnosed with cancer.

I have some questions:

1. I have an appointment at a Service Canada Centre (Passport Services) on September 13th 2022. Is it better to wait for that appointment or to submit an application by mail in the next couple of days?
2. Would proof of my partner's father's cancer diagnosis suffice as evidence that we require immediate travel or do I need to take the risk and book a flight back to the UK?
3. Would I be able to have the application dealt with urgently as a walk-in at a Service Canada Centre in this situation? Or does the fact I don't have a flight booked mean I'd be at the back of the queue?
if you’re applying at a “service canada” location then its better to just mail it in to Gatineau directly.

only quick way is to apply in person at an actual passport office.
Or, if u hav the certificate then apply at canadian embassy in uk!! Go there on your british ppt and apply there its not hard. Pretty easy if u do the guarantor, reference, fees photos etc!

Peche

Nov 1, 2021
Hey,
I am in the same situation, my Oath ceremony will be on the 23rd of july and I am traveling outside canada in Aug 13th , could you please let me know how long did it take for you to get the proof of citizenship after your oath (business days ) because I am thinking about applying for the passport urgently at canada passport office location after i get the proof of citizenship. Or should I postpone my Oath ceremony! That I've been waiting for for 7 years .
Please let me know about the time line . Thanks and congrats by the way.
I received my Certificate in one week after the Oath Ceremony, As you said, you've been waiting for 7 years for your ceremony maybe it is not a good idea to postpone it. MAybe you can reschedule your travel.. Anyway, Getting a passport is a nightmare these days... There is a chance you can make it!

Reactions: JANDOUBI

crocp

Jun 24, 2022
Long time lurker....applied for a new passport for my 1 year old son in May...here is my timeline to date:

Travel date on application: July 30th

May 20th: Sent application via purlolator
May 24th: Received
June 20th: CC charged
June 27th: Called 1-800 number....was told its still "pending approval" and to keep waiting...
July 8th: Called 1-800 number again....still "pending approval"....was told I can try to request a transfer on July 18th (today) as that is 10 days away from travel
July 13th: Emailed my MP and explained situation. Sent MP the required consent form to act on my behalf and contract the passport office
July 14th: MP wrote back saying they confirmed the file can/will be transferred by end of week to my local Mississauga passport office
July 16th (Saturday): Got a call from Passport office in Gatineau saying the passport is going for Printing today (July 18th) and I should recieve this week.

So I assume it will not even be transferred. Will be mailed to me in 3-4 days (so they say...)

All in all, I feel whatever the MP did/said really got our application pushed through and expedited. Will update once I recieve the passport.

Reactions: cococly

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Long time lurker....applied for a new passport for my 1 year old son in May...here is my timeline to date:

Travel date on application: July 30th

May 20th: Sent application via purlolator
May 24th: Received
June 20th: CC charged
June 27th: Called 1-800 number....was told its still "pending approval" and to keep waiting...
July 8th: Called 1-800 number again....still "pending approval"....was told I can try to request a transfer on July 18th (today) as that is 10 days away from travel
July 13th: Emailed my MP and explained situation. Sent MP the required consent form to act on my behalf and contract the passport office
July 14th: MP wrote back saying they confirmed the file can/will be transferred by end of week to my local Mississauga passport office
July 16th (Saturday): Got a call from Passport office in Gatineau saying the passport is going for Printing today (July 18th) and I should recieve this week.

So I assume it will not even be transferred. Will be mailed to me in 3-4 days (so they say...)

All in all, I feel whatever the MP did/said really got our application pushed through and expedited. Will update once I recieve the passport.
Hah, identical timelines, almost down to the date we listed (extra bonus points if we both wind up on an Air Canada plane to Charlotte, lol)

Same update in my case as well - they said to expect the passport at some point this week or early next week (cutting it really close).

JANDOUBI

Aug 4, 2016
I received my Certificate in one week after the Oath Ceremony, As you said, you've been waiting for 7 years for your ceremony maybe it is not a good idea to postpone it. MAybe you can reschedule your travel.. Anyway, Getting a passport is a nightmare these days... There is a chance you can make it!
Hi ,

During your ceremony did you ask for urgent delivery of your citizenship certificate or not , one week to get the certificate seems to be fast just wondering if you requested any acceleration or not . Thanks

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Similar to you all too, except I have no CC charge yet.

Newborn application sent and received May 4.
No CC charge.
Travel September 2.

Called payment line and said they can see the application but no charge yet. Even though its been 10 weeks, didn't seem phased by it. Said "its slow".

Think I'm booking a hotel in the states for 2 weeks from now and requesting a transfer.
Did you get passport yet?

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
I tried to call today at 8.30 am and there was 528 people ahead of me waiting. I waited for 3.15 hrs and while there were 88 people ahead of me waiting they hang up the call. Now it says office is currently closed. I don't really know what is going on. My travel date is July 30th and newborn passport application mailed on May 10th. Cc charged on June 29th. I am from London Ontario. I tried the phone number ending 6868. I was calling them to ask for a transfer to local office.

pliscki

Feb 21, 2016
I tried to call today at 8.30 am and there was 528 people ahead of me waiting. I waited for 3.15 hrs and while there were 88 people ahead of me waiting they hang up the call. Now it says office is currently closed. I don't really know what is going on. My travel date is July 30th and newborn passport application mailed on May 10th. Cc charged on June 29th. I am from London Ontario. I tried the phone number ending 6868. I was calling them to ask for a transfer to local office.
Have you tried calling this number? 18445339201

I was able to call this number mid-day. There were 12 people ahead of me and the wait time wasn't that long. It was the only number that worked for me.

crocp

Jun 24, 2022
We are also travelling July 30th and applied for a new born passport on May 20th. It was sent to printer today and was told would arrive this week. I got it expidited by contacting my local MP.

As of today, you are eligible for a transfer.

You need to keep calling...try at lunch time...I had lots of luck everytime I called around 1230ish or so.

Reactions: User184