Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Bibobibo123

Jul 4, 2022
My newborn’s application:

Passport application sent May 26
Passport received May 30
Cc charged July 6
Travel plan Sep 3

I’m not sure if we will make it. Fingers crossed!!

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
My newborn’s application:

Passport application sent May 26
Passport received May 30
Cc charged July 6
Travel plan Sep 3

I’m not sure if we will make it. Fingers crossed!!
I have similar TL for my newborn
Travel plans September 1st
App sent May 29th
Delivered May 31st
CC Charges July 8th

Reactions: Bibobibo123

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
App sent May 29th
Delivered May 31st
CC Charges July 8th
My timeline is similar to yours (First Passport) (Application sent via Courier)

Delivered: May 30th
CC Charged July 5th

No Travel Plans stated.

Haeyoung

Jan 22, 2022
Help anyone applied for our first canadian passport we had our citizenship this year may 2022 applied and submitted our application with our original citizenship certificate thru mail sent it in Gatineau they received it in may 25 my husband and i are supposed to travel in aug 30 but thinking that we have enough time more than 12 weeks since may to receive our passport so we changed it to aug 26 but cc is nit yet charged i phone and waited for 2 hours and was told to call back in aug 12 im just worried that what if they haven’t scanned our documents then? I am stressed about this since may I shouldn’t have sent it thru email but i was told by service canada that i have enough time to send it thru mail that time. Mp said she is not even sure if they can help out if docs are not yet scanned.

salmanma

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-01-2018
Timeline for my Daughter's new passport (newborn)

Travel Date: July 18
Application Sent by Mail to Gatineau, QC: March 30
Application Received: April 1
CC Charged: April 28
June 6: Called and got the application number, application was under examination
June 15: Called again, same response (under examination)
June 23: Called and was given same status (under examination) but the lady said that she will send an internal note/email that its been over 12 weeks and I need the passport before July 18. I was asked to call back in 10days again if I don't hear from them and ask for transfer.
July 1: Received a Call on Canada Day from Passport Program (I'm not kidding, they called me on Canada Day!), but I missed the call. They left a voicemail which was very very hard to understand, the voice kept cutting off, from what I was able to makeup was (and I hope I'm right), they have sent the passport for printing, it should be printed by Monday/Tuesday and shipped within 4 days after printing. All-in-All I should expect the passport to arrive no later then 2 weeks before my travel date.

I will try to call later this week or start of next week to see if I can get tracking number, but so far it's very hard for call to get into queue, tried calling before 8:30AM EST but line is either busy or it just rings, I don't even hear automated msg.
July 8: Received Passport and the original Birth certificate in same envelope

salmanma

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-01-2018
Help anyone applied for our first canadian passport we had our citizenship this year may 2022 applied and submitted our application with our original citizenship certificate thru mail sent it in Gatineau they received it in may 25 my husband and i are supposed to travel in aug 30 but thinking that we have enough time more than 12 weeks since may to receive our passport so we changed it to aug 26 but cc is nit yet charged i phone and waited for 2 hours and was told to call back in aug 12 im just worried that what if they haven’t scanned our documents then? I am stressed about this since may I shouldn’t have sent it thru email but i was told by service canada that i have enough time to send it thru mail that time. Mp said she is not even sure if they can help out if docs are not yet scanned.
If your CC still haven't been charged, you should definitely call the payment line (1-833-407-1031 ) to get some update as to why CC hasn't been charged, that's one of the first steps in the application process.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
App sent May 29th
Delivered May 31st
CC Charges July 8th
Similar to you all too, except I have no CC charge yet.

Newborn application sent and received May 4.
No CC charge.
Travel September 2.

Called payment line and said they can see the application but no charge yet. Even though its been 10 weeks, didn't seem phased by it. Said "its slow".

Think I'm booking a hotel in the states for 2 weeks from now and requesting a transfer.

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
I receive a call from passport Canada this morning. Our passports will be printed tomorrow and send via canada post as a 24 hours shipments. We should receive them no later than Friday.
Congrats. But why they need to call and inform when usually they just mail the passport without calling.

Haeyoung

Jan 22, 2022
If your CC still haven't been charged, you should definitely call the payment line (1-833-407-1031 ) to get some update as to why CC hasn't been charged, that's one of the first steps in the application process.
Thank you so much for your reply i will try to call them today. Have a great week :)

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
July 8: Received Passport and the original Birth certificate in same envelope
did they send the passport to your house or you have to go and pick it up from the post office? Anyone else can you please let me know does canada post delivers it at home or you have to go and pick it up from canada post location? Mine says out for delivery!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
did they send the passport to your house or you have to go and pick it up from the post office? Anyone else can you please let me know does canada post delivers it at home or you have to go and pick it up from canada post location? Mine says out for delivery!
If youre home, they will knock your door to hand it to you in person. if youre not home, they will leave a collection note for you to go to your nearest CP location. Sometimes CP do that anyway instead of knocking the door. What they did with me. I was home all day and at the end of the day found a collection slip.