+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Mailed application for minor son: May 29
Application delivered: May 31
Called Passport Canada on 9201 number to transfer the file to Mississauga on 6th July, the agent said file transferred but today my credit card got charged at VARENNES, don’t know if transfer request was accepted or not?
If there is a movement on credit card, it must be accepted and this might be the first step before transfer.

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Finally got through the 6868 number after hundreds of attempts. called at 315pm ET, 120+ people ahead of me, waited 30+minutes and got connected to an agent. I applied on May 17 at a Service Canada centre (not passport office), the receipt has an estimate mail out date of June 18. The agent confirmed the file was received on May 17 and it is under examination. He said current processing time is 11 weeks, so I can expect to receive the passport in early August. Fingers crossed.
They say now it is 11 weeks but the people in 14 week are even waiting .....

victor58

Apr 5, 2021
Here is my timeline if this is going to be of help to anyone:

March 31: Application received
April 26: Credit Card Charged
July 5: Called passport Canada number on and was told application was "approved" on June 28 and should take another 3-4 weeks
July 8: Passport and citizenship certificate received (same envelope)

Passport Canada gave me correct information that my passport was approved on June 28 as the date of issue on my passport is June 29 but they were definitely wrong on the 3-4 timeline and I wont trust agents when they give timelines as I dont think they have access to the actual application timeline. In terms of getting through to Passport Canada, I would suggest calling them in the afternoons. I tried several days in the mornings (over 100 calls on some days) and didnt get through but I tried one day in the afternoon around 2pm ET and got through after 10 attempts.

Thanks to everyone in this forum, this has been an absolute journey of close to 3 years but it has now come to an end. Time to get plastered now and first trip as a Canadian is to Vegas next week wooo!

John1234567890

Feb 1, 2021
Here is my timeline. It may help others.

Application received by mail to pass passport office on April 6,2022
Cc charged on May 04, 2022
Talked to an agent About 11 times
And 11 times they told me it is under review it may take 2 weeks more.

I don’t know what to do.

Last edited:

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Here is my timeline if this is going to be of help to anyone:

March 31: Application received
April 26: Credit Card Charged
July 5: Called passport Canada number on and was told application was "approved" on June 28 and should take another 3-4 weeks
July 8: Passport and citizenship certificate received (same envelope)

Passport Canada gave me correct information that my passport was approved on June 28 as the date of issue on my passport is June 29 but they were definitely wrong on the 3-4 timeline and I wont trust agents when they give timelines as I dont think they have access to the actual application timeline. In terms of getting through to Passport Canada, I would suggest calling them in the afternoons. I tried several days in the mornings (over 100 calls on some days) and didnt get through but I tried one day in the afternoon around 2pm ET and got through after 10 attempts.

Thanks to everyone in this forum, this has been an absolute journey of close to 3 years but it has now come to an end. Time to get plastered now and first trip as a Canadian is to Vegas next week wooo!
Congrats, celebrate!

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Here is my timeline. It may help others.

Application received by mail to pass passport office on April 6,2022
Cc charged on May 04, 2022
Talked to an agent About 11 times
And 11 times they told me it is under review it may take 2 weeks more.

I don’t know what to do.
It looks like the agents on the phone are also clueless!

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

Taha786

May 22, 2021
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-05-2021
AOR Received.
01-09-2021
Need some help for passport application. I am not able to validate my passport application after filling. Not getting barcodes on it.

Taha786

May 22, 2021
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
22-05-2021
AOR Received.
01-09-2021
Hi frends
Need some help for passport application. I am not able to validate my passport application after filling. Not getting barcodes on it.