GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Picked up passport today from Kitchener .

1.Applied in person at service Canada April 29
2.Mail out day was June 7
3.Called June 7 and was told not to expect it until July mid month
4. Called June 20 and asked for a transfer to Kitchener office due to
Upcoming travels, but did not get called back for a few days, then had a death in the family on June 22nd and needed to travel by Saturday June 25
5. Stood in line at Kitchener from 4am on June 23rd , and picked up passport today June 24th.

Good luck to you all !

Reactions: callmebyyourname

Megs_22

Jun 24, 2022
To answer a few questions from above - I haven't heard any of my references being called. As far as I know, references are called when you request an express service.

Passport was delivered by Canada Post Courier at the door. When I called I asked the agent told me that if you are not home they will leave it for you to pick up at a post office.

I called Monday afternoon, around 3pm. No tips, I just kept calling the number in a row.

Good luck!

Anne91

Feb 5, 2016
I had an child pp application delivered a couple of weeks after you (April 27th) and I haven't gotten a CC charge either. If you don't have any urgent travel plans, you could try reaching out to your local MP office and see if they'd be able to assist you.
Ya I will try to. Thanks for your advice

Jun 17, 2022
Good thing they aren't promising anything because anything they have told me has been proven wrong. Arrived at passport office at 7:30 this morning, put one kid in the main line up and went to the pick up line up with the other kid. Office opened at 8:30. Got in to see pick up agent by about 9. Pick up agent had no passports for us. Went into the back, presumably to talk to people who knew what they were doing. Came back and gave a us a priority line number (PR001!) to talk to a transfer officer. Called my kid out of the main line (she was just about to the door to go in to be sorted). Sat waiting for an hour for our priority number to be called. Hurrah, there it is! Excitedly rushed up to the window, show her my papers. She says "is this a transfer?" Why yes, yes, it is. She does not handle transfers and she can't have anyone who handles transfers deal with me. I have to go stand in the line that my other kid was in that I pulled her out of. Nobody cares that they have given us the run around for the last hour and a half. Go back to the main line again, wait another hour and a half. Get a number for transfers (98). Get taken to a large windowless room in the basement. Wait another two hours. Get taken back up to the main floor to another large windowless room. Wait another 2 and half hours, last numbers called are in the low 50s. Everybody else has to come back tomorrow. We get return tucket number 31. Theoretically, we will get in and get passports produced tomorrow in time for our departure on Saturday. Starting to lose faith (and my sanity)
Seems like they are mostly just trying to make sure that no long lines are apparent for the media to see by hiding us in various rooms around the building, rather than trying to actually make the system work better
Just to close the loop on my adventure, we returned this morning at 8 or so with our #31 ticket, got called in about 11:45, they competently processed our files and told us to come back at 3:30. We came back at around 3:15, got to the front of the line about 3:50, picked them up and were on our way with a good twenty hours to spare before we fly to Italy and then Morocco!
Just a couple of notes. they said that the pictures weren't properly scanned for one of the applications, so we had to get new ones (they waited for us to get them, but you would need your guarantor with you) and they asked for the originals of ID, citizenship and name change document for one application and birth certificate and ID for the other application, even though they were scanned at Service Canada when we applied, so best to have all of the docs with you when you go in.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuyanaGirl

Lily3699

Jun 23, 2022
Hi All,

I have a bit of a dilemma and hopefully I can get guidance on her. My story is that I have checked the rules online at passport site for passport renewals and at that time because my passport expired in 2018 according to the website I would have to do new application. Did not know the rules changed in March. I received an appt online at Beginning of May for June 21. I travel on July 30 but at the time I booked appt it was over 45 days away. I went in on the 21st and they scanned my docs and took application and I paid. The person did not ask me why I did not apply for a renewal instead of new passport or tell me to apply for a renewal as quicker. He saw my travel date and did not tell me to line up across the hall as travel was under 45 days at that time.

I left after getting receipt and when I got home noticed that it said passport will be mailed AUGUST 18 which is way past my departure date. I went online and then noticed all of the things I missed. I had surgery so had not checked all the rules since Feb. I know now that seems ridiculous that I did not. Now I do not know what to do...should I do a renewal and then line up at passport office? Then I would have two applications in which seems ridiculous. Or should I call and get a transfer a few weeks before then line up before departure. I feel like an idiot at this point. The Service Canada person did have me note on my application that my last passport expired in 2018 but I am still worried they may not even look at that right away and just see that it is a new application. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thank you

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Need help!
I mailed my passport application along with required photos but just now realized that guarantor only signed the back of my photo and forgot to write the applicant name by mistake.

Will it cause a rejection? The guarantor has verified and signed on my driver’s licence photo copy that I sent along with the application but not sure how passport department will treat my photos. Hope they can validate that guarantor has signed the application and drivers licence that has my name on it.

I mailed my application yesterday only and can try to call Canada post to recall the package if it’s a big issue.
Please advise.

cloud111

Aug 9, 2016
My timeline so far:
Passport application (4 adults, 1 child) received on 13th of April in Gatineau (courier)
CC charged on 25th of May
Guarantor contacted on 26th of May
1 parent contacted for the child application 28th of May
1 adult citizenship certificate received 9th of June
2 adults citizenship certificate received 10th of June
1 adult citizenship certificate received 13th of June
4 adults passport received 13th of June
Pending 1 child citizenship certificate and passport
Guarantor was contacted again related to the child application on 15th of June
and finally got both certificate and passport for remaining 1 child yesterday 24th of June

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Need help!
I mailed my passport application along with required photos but just now realized that guarantor only signed the back of my photo and forgot to write the applicant name by mistake.

Will it cause a rejection? The guarantor has verified and signed on my driver’s licence photo copy that I sent along with the application but not sure how passport department will treat my photos. Hope they can validate that guarantor has signed the application and drivers licence that has my name on it.

I mailed my application yesterday only and can try to call Canada post to recall the package if it’s a big issue.
Please advise.
Anyone?

dannyT2

Jun 25, 2022
Hello, I'm already a Canadian citizen but I'm looking here for some help with my passport application. I had a legal name change and had to apply for a new adult passport. They have my name change document and birth certificate.
- Application Sent by mail: April 22nd (I listed July as my travel date)
- CC Charged: May 30th
Still no passport.
My flight is July 9th. I will begin to call and try for a transfer on Monday as it will be within 10 business days to my travel. What else can I do? I'm so worried I will miss my flight.

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
If you can recall, its better to recall now and send after correction, instead of waiting for one or two month until they call you or return the application. That will be complicated and awful, also wastage of time and lot of uncertainty.
I called Canada Post and they told me recall is not possible at all. So the question remains now is whether the passport office will accept the photos with only the studio stamp, date and guarantor's signature or not?
The application has my name and guarantor signed it, additionally, the driver's licence copy is also signed by the guarantor so I hope the passport office can validate me using all this instead of rejecting the application.

Please advise.

Last edited:

gary377

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
I called Canada Post and they told me recall is not possible at all. So the question remains now is whether the passport office will accept the photos with only the studio stamp, date and guarantor's signature or not?
The application has my name and guarantor signed it, additionally, the driver's licence copy is also signed by the guarantor so I hope the passport office can validate me using all this instead of rejecting the application.

Please advise.
Don't worry it will be ok if your guarantor signed at the back of photo because your guarantor also signed with name on application form as well.

Reactions: aman_78671

Daria_1007

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Toronto
Hi Everyone:

Here is my timeline:

Docs received at Gatineau location on April 21, 2022
CC charged on May 18, 2022
My husband's passport received on June 7, 2022, however, the printing office made a printing error
Called today at 8:30 and was placed in line as #187, after 50 min we were able to talk to an agent.
He told us to take new photos and fill out new application and go to the Victoria street office asap for re-printing.

My passport is still 'under examination', but as we are traveling next week, they requested a file transfer. Got the same information as probably everybody else (transfer is not guaranteed, if approved, they will call me, etc...)
Update:
Called again on June 13th…
Got my file transferred same day to Victoria Street office and was told I would receive a call after 2pm, nobody called from the office, so I went there on June 14 for a passport pick-up, no line whatsoever, luckily the passport was there!!!

citizenship certificate is still in Gatineau, not sure when it’s going to be mailed…

Last edited:

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Update on my application. Received my passport today vis fedex.

Mailed application from TN, USA.
Sent- 17th May 2022
Received at Gatineau, Qc - 18th May 2022
Payment deducted - 24th may 2022
Contacted helpline as I have travel plans on 7th June and they mentioned my documents are not scanned yet.
Reached out to consulate in Atlanta on 13th June 2022.
Dont know if they expedited or not.
I received my passport today via FedEx along with my certificate.
Hey, were your references and/or guarantor contacted?