+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

anjanettem

Jun 14, 2022
Thanks....so you dial and press 1? How do you know when to hang up or when you get through?
Dial 1800-567-6868 then hold the * , a comma should come up then hit . so it should look like this 1-800-567-6868,1 then press the green button to call.
hang up if it says "for general info" but if it says " if you live in canada" that's when you get through,

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Dial 1800-567-6868 then hold the * , a comma should come up then hit . so it should look like this 1-800-567-6868,1 then press the green button to call.
hang up if it says "for general info" but if it says " if you live in canada" that's when you get through,
Thanks for this useful information.

Reactions: anjanettem

Schmeeberry

Jun 5, 2022
Does anyone know what the Winnipeg office is like? I’m wondering if I went in next week if they’d be willing to transfer my two kids applications from Gatineau and print them. We don’t fly until July 22nd, but I’m wondering if it’s worth it to wait in line or if they’ll just send me away. Thanks!

omgjvill

May 26, 2022
Hi. I'm wondering if you guys are on the same boat as me.
- Passport application sent: April 7, 2022 from Victoria BC
- Application delivered: April 11, 2022 Mississauga ON
- No credit charge until now

Tried to call them multiple times but unlucky to speak to any agents. Got hung up after disconnected voice message

sent status request few times with no reply
I'm really frustrated and worried. Any thoughts?
I had an child pp application delivered a couple of weeks after you (April 27th) and I haven't gotten a CC charge either. If you don't have any urgent travel plans, you could try reaching out to your local MP office and see if they'd be able to assist you.

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hello, I've been keeping an eye to the forum while I was waiting for my passport to arrive. Sharing my timeline, hope it helps others, who are also patiently waiting for their passports.
I mailed in my application to Gatineau (had no upcoming travel plans). First passport as a new citizen.

- Application Sent: March 24, 2022
- Application Delivered: March 28, 2022
- Credit Card charged: April 22, 2022
- Passport Received: June 23, 2022
- Citizenship Certificate Received: Same date as the passport - both delivered in the same envelope.

I filled the web form twice, but never heard back.

I called 1-800-567-6868 about 20+ consecutive times on Monday and got through. The agent on the phone told me my passport is in production and I should received it by the end of the month, if not to call them back in July.

Luckily I received it today by Canada Post courier.
Thank you all for sharing your timelines and helpful tips!
Did they call your references at all? And when if yes please? Thanks

Apr 4, 2022
Hello, I've been keeping an eye to the forum while I was waiting for my passport to arrive. Sharing my timeline, hope it helps others, who are also patiently waiting for their passports.
I mailed in my application to Gatineau (had no upcoming travel plans). First passport as a new citizen.

- Citizenship Certificate Received: Same date as the passport - both delivered in the same envelope.

I called 1-800-567-6868 about 20+ consecutive times on Monday and got through. The agent on the phone told me my passport is in production and I should received it by the end of the month, if not to call them back in July.

Did you receive passport through Canada post in your mailbox or they require signature proof and deliver on doorstep?

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022

Congratulations! Its a breath of fresh air! At least someone is getting PP.

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
How or when are you guys calling to get through to an agent?

I called a lot but it's the same everytime. Just that generic message plays and the line disconnects.
When you call the number, the first thing they ask is the language option, after selecting the one, a recorded message starts. If the message says: How to Apply ..............then immediately drop off and redial. Keep repeating: dial, language select, listen, drop off. UNTIL you will listen another message IF YOUR ARE APPLYING WITHIN CANADA PRESS 1. That you have to keep listening until it will place you in a queue and keep telling you your # in the queue. Wait until you are connected to an agent.

stella1004

Jun 19, 2022
Update 2: Have received my passport today!!! So surprised as the agent said it will be mailed out in July.
I am going back to Canada tomorrow so it is so great that it arrives today.
Thanks for all your timeline and tips!

Timeline below:
- April 5: First application
- May 15: Returned as the payment failed
- May 15: Second application
- June 20: Called in to talk to the agent and let him know my travel plan for the end of June
- June 24: Received the passport

Anne91

Feb 5, 2016
Mine is similar to yours, by I applied from lower mainland. So I managed to speak with one of the agent yesterday. when some agents said that you're application in examination or in progress, it is likely that your application may not even have been scanned into the system. that's what happened with mine. I had been told by multiple agents in the past 2 months and a half that my application is in examination or in progress. But the agent whom I spoke with yesterday was more resourceful and helpful and gave more details on the status of my application. apparently it hasn't even been touched and scanned into the system after the application mailed out and retrieved by the centre in Mississauga. Imagine finding out that your application hasn't not even been touched after waiting for 2 months and a half.
May I ask when did you get your credit card charged? I also sent it to Mississauga from April 7 and didn't see anything. No credit card charge

CaptBasil

May 10, 2022
Thanks! how long did it take to get to the destination? a few days?
No problem!

I dropped it off in a CP Shoppers on Sunday, then Monday it got picked up. The Gatineau / Ottawa Service canada office received it (with signature), Tuesday. I tracked it using my Canada Post account.

Last edited:

purpleheart

Jan 22, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014(mpnp on line), 16-01-2016 (cic/paper-based)
Nomination.....
08-12-2015 (mpnp)
AOR Received.
22-03-2016 (UCI#, EP#)
IELTS Request
19-09-2015 by mpnp
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Interview........
Sponsor's Interview: 27-11-2015(mpnp)
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-10-2016
... my (still) exhausting experience ( 1st time/new passport applicant with no scheduled future travel)

Received passport application @ Gatineau, QC: Sept 27, 2021
Application returned due to incomplete signature: Nov. 11, 2021
Received passport application @ Gatineau, QC: Nov. 17, 2021
Passport fees was charged in credit card: December 02, 2021
Received a call from Passport canada: Photo was rejected: December 16, 2021 (need to re-submit photos)
New photo received @ Gatineau, QC: December 24, 2021
Received a letter: "Close-out Warning Notice" March 07, 2022 ( telling me that I am not re-submitting their requested photo)
New photo (from Staples) received : March 17, 2022
Certificate of Canadian Citizenship (from QC) received: June 21, 2022
My elusive Canadian Passport: ??????????????

Month of April and May, during my day off... was a thorough follow up to check my app is still active and have to render a day to get in touch with the 1-800 passport number. Sometimes my queue was in 500ish, 600'ish. Best time to call around 7 a.m. (est) or around 3;30pm (est).

Last edited:

purpleheart

Jan 22, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014(mpnp on line), 16-01-2016 (cic/paper-based)
Nomination.....
08-12-2015 (mpnp)
AOR Received.
22-03-2016 (UCI#, EP#)
IELTS Request
19-09-2015 by mpnp
File Transfer...
Med's Request
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Interview........
Sponsor's Interview: 27-11-2015(mpnp)
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-10-2016
Does anyone know what the Winnipeg office is like? I’m wondering if I went in next week if they’d be willing to transfer my two kids applications from Gatineau and print them. We don’t fly until July 22nd, but I’m wondering if it’s worth it to wait in line or if they’ll just send me away. Thanks!
I suggest advised them to transfer the files to Wpg office asap (either in Main St or in Taylor St.) That is the safest thing to do.
There was a news in TV that a teen Montrealer missed her dream vacation in Thailand because the Gatineau office failed to do so.