+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

John1234567890

Feb 1, 2021
Good morning,
I received a missed call from “No Caller ID” with no voice message.
Do you think this is the passport office number?

Application received on April 6,2022
Cc charged on May 4,2022
Still waiting

salmanma

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-01-2018
Good morning, would appreciate your feedback if someone had the same situation I am in now.

I mailed my family’s passport applications (wife & 2 children) but then realized that I have forgot to include my wife’s driver’s licence copy as an ID verification, it’s been 6 weeks now since the applications received by the passport office in Gatineau, no credit card charged and can’t reach them over the phone, they’re not replying to our application status request sent through the web form, would they decline the application and send it back? If yes when? I am concerned about the citizenship certificates as I sent the originals, if they’re lost then it will be a nightmare to get new ones, would appreciate if someone can advise.
Hey Good Morning,
I was in kind of a similar situation, I had sent my brother's passport for renewal on April 13. The form I filled was "Adult simplified Renewal form" but the previous passport he had was a child passport, so essentially he is considered an Adult now if the age is 16 or over.
The mistake I made was I filled the wrong form and instead I should have applied for a "New" adult passport for him.

His application with wrong form was received by Passport Program on April 13, All of April and May had passed and I didn't see CC charged and after first week of June passed I decided to call to get an update and that is when I found out that I had submitted the application with wrong form, they told me that his application would be sent back with all the documents.

The documents that were sent back, there was also a rejection form which was dated June 6th so I guess this is when they rejected the application.
All documents were received by Canadapost on June 15th.

I will now have to go to Passport Service in person with his new adult form because we are travelling Aug 1st.

I would suggest to try calling Passport service helpline at 8:30AM EST when it opens up. You will have to be persistent, I had luck getting through between 8:30AM EST - 9:30AM EST.

Good Luck!

CC79

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
19-10-2015 SA Email 30-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
*Experience*

I just called the passport office. Kept on dialing and got thru after roughly 70 tries and was on hold for 20mins (was number 73 on the queue)

Our application was submitted in person at a Service Canada Location in Milton on April 13th and according to them at that time we should expect them on May 10th. Today is week 10. I was told that me and my wife's passports are still in process, (not even approved yet). I told them that I had made travel plans exactly 2 weeks from now. So they requested a transfer from a Mississauga processing office to another Mississauga processing office that can handle expedited requests and have the passports released by July 5th. They said that although there's no guarantee that my request for the passport to be expedited will be accepted, I will be charged a non refundable $45 transfer fee and may have additional pickup charges. They also said the passport processing office will call me within the next 2 days or may even be the day before the pickup of our passports to let us know if our request is accepted or not.

Extremely frustrated at this point.

miltonres123

Jul 27, 2021
Hey Good Morning,
I was in kind of a similar situation, I had sent my brother's passport for renewal on April 13. The form I filled was "Adult simplified Renewal form" but the previous passport he had was a child passport, so essentially he is considered an Adult now if the age is 16 or over.
The mistake I made was I filled the wrong form and instead I should have applied for a "New" adult passport for him.

His application with wrong form was received by Passport Program on April 13, All of April and May had passed and I didn't see CC charged and after first week of June passed I decided to call to get an update and that is when I found out that I had submitted the application with wrong form, they told me that his application would be sent back with all the documents.

The documents that were sent back, there was also a rejection form which was dated June 6th so I guess this is when they rejected the application.
All documents were received by Canadapost on June 15th.

I will now have to go to Passport Service in person with his new adult form because we are travelling Aug 1st.

I would suggest to try calling Passport service helpline at 8:30AM EST when it opens up. You will have to be persistent, I had luck getting through between 8:30AM EST - 9:30AM EST.

Good Luck!
many thanks

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
I call in today and was told my child application is in examination and was a note saying my credit card was declind. However I did update my CC info early June cause I lost the card after mail out the application. I was charge after I update my CC information but I call the main line, everything is ok but just a CC problem. I told them I did update my CC so he put a note in my file but ask me if I can update my CC info tmr by calling payment line.

Anyone have this problem before?
Yes, you need to go back couple of pages before, there was someone whose credit card expired and they had to call and transfer their application. Check the previous pages in this thread.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Update to my Timeline; PASSPORT RECEIVED YESTERDAY

Timeline (passport renewal):
April 17: Mailed renewal form to Gatineau from ontario
April 19: Recieved
May 19: CC charged
June 21: Passport received
Planned trip: July 13
Did you apply for urgent or just regular ? I have the same timeline. April 19 received, cc charged May 17 and still waiting.

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Hi everyone,
I observe that there is a stall in receiving passports. In past pages we saw the applicants of early and mid March started receiving their passports and now we see the Mid April applicants started receiving their passports. However, the ones who applied in late March and early April have no clue what is happening to their applications. Even if they call, they are simply told that their application is under review but no further information is given. Its very stressful.
My timeline
Mailed Xpresspost from Ontario to Gatineau: March 30
Received: April 1
CC charged: April 27 at Varennes Gatinueau
Sent Status request: April 20
Automated reply received: May 28 (In examination)
Called: May 18 (Got the file # )
Sent another status request: June 6
Called: June 9 (Under review, no notes on the file)

Whenever I call they say, you may call after 2 weeks again if passport not received. I am thinking about purchasing a ticket and transfering file to a local office but am not clear about the original citizenship certificate how and when I will get it back?

LNGHYNH

Jun 13, 2022
*Experience*

I just called the passport office. Kept on dialing and got thru after roughly 70 tries and was on hold for 20mins (was number 73 on the queue)

Our application was submitted in person at a Service Canada Location in Milton on April 13th and according to them at that time we should expect them on May 10th. Today is week 10. I was told that me and my wife's passports are still in process, (not even approved yet). I told them that I had made travel plans exactly 2 weeks from now. So they requested a transfer from a Mississauga processing office to another Mississauga processing office that can handle expedited requests and have the passports released by July 5th. They said that although there's no guarantee that my request for the passport to be expedited will be accepted, I will be charged a non refundable $45 transfer fee and may have additional pickup charges. They also said the passport processing office will call me within the next 2 days or may even be the day before the pickup of our passports to let us know if our request is accepted or not.

Extremely frustrated at this point.
I would contact your local MP to get them involved just so there is some attention on your passport on their end and to ensure you get that call. My wife submitted my son's passport April 21st at a Service Canada location with our travel date set for June 24. On June 8th we emailed our local MP and signed a consent form to allow them to inquire about the passport application. We called in and requested a transfer to the Mississauga passport office on June 9th in which they told us to expect a call on June 20-21. On June 20th we received the call and they told us to come in the next day at 12:00PM and bring a new application and photos as the one we submitted didn't get scanned prior to the transfer request. Yesterday my wife went in and gave them the new forms and photos with a pick up slip for June 23rd to get the passport 1 day before our flight.

Others that I read about didn't end up receiving a call after their transfer requests and still went into the office 48 hours before their flights in hopes that the passports were ready for them there, which some were. So if you don't get the call, just go in 48 hours before your flight and tell the security that you're there to pick up your passport.

Reactions: CC79

JuliaK

Jun 22, 2022
Hi everyone,
I observe that there is a stall in receiving passports. In past pages we saw the applicants of early and mid March started receiving their passports and now we see the Mid April applicants started receiving their passports. However, the ones who applied in late March and early April have no clue what is happening to their applications. Even if they call, they are simply told that their application is under review but no further information is given. Its very stressful.
My timeline
Mailed Xpresspost from Ontario to Gatineau: March 30
Received: April 1
CC charged: April 27 at Varennes Gatinueau
Sent Status request: April 20
Automated reply received: May 28 (In examination)
Called: May 18 (Got the file # )
Sent another status request: June 6
Called: June 9 (Under review, no notes on the file)

Whenever I call they say, you may call after 2 weeks again if passport not received. I am thinking about purchasing a ticket and transfering file to a local office but am not clear about the original citizenship certificate how and when I will get it back?
I have a similar timeline to you.
Sent April 11
Received April 12
CC charged May 10
Sent 2 on line inquiries - no response
Called June 9 - got file # status "under review"
Called June 20 - status "under review"
Travel date is August 19 - so not panicking yet as 4 months should be long enough!!
Hoping to get by end of July

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
Hello, I got my cc charged today for new passport application.

Mailed from Ontario to Gatineau: May 7
Received: May 9
CC charged: June 22

now time to plan a trip :cool:

edjek89

Jun 7, 2022
Did you apply for urgent or just regular ? I have the same timeline. April 19 received, cc charged May 17 and still waiting.
Just regular. I called a couple times though and persistently asked what the status was. Actually got a call from an employee asking to change one of my references, and actually told me that they'll process it that day. this was maybe 2 weeks ago. Best of luck.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Just regular. I called a couple times though and persistently asked what the status was. Actually got a call from an employee asking to change one of my references, and actually told me that they'll process it that day. this was maybe 2 weeks ago. Best of luck.
Thanks, this is nice to hear as I also sent mine as regular and the timeline is the same.. Congratulations !!!

John1234567890

Feb 1, 2021
If you don’t mind
When you received a call from passport office
How the number looks like?
I also received a missed call with No Caller ID.
Thanks

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
Hi everyone,
No problem charging money, then they don't care people wait for months.

I'd figure if they had half a million applications only in April (550k), counting $160 per one, that just for this $88 millions they could hire some extra pairs of hands to help scan and process these applications...