+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Same date and timeline like yours i.e (March 29 to April 1 sent and delivered date). I requested a local transfer was declined. Now I called them today they said, something was updated to JULY 5 and that might be anticipated mail out date.

Now I am not sure if they are sending original documents along with new passport or just original documents with no passport.
same timeline, hope we can get our passports at least around July 5th)

CLLC

Sep 15, 2020
Same date and timeline like yours i.e (March 29 to April 1 sent and delivered date). I requested a local transfer was declined. Now I called them today they said, something was updated to JULY 5 and that might be anticipated mail out date.

Now I am not sure if they are sending original documents along with new passport or just original documents with no passport.
Finally some progress.. I already requested to get my original doc back so now just wait for the passport.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Update on my application. Received my passport today vis fedex.

Mailed application from TN, USA.
Sent- 17th May 2022
Received at Gatineau, Qc - 18th May 2022
Payment deducted - 24th may 2022
Contacted helpline as I have travel plans on 7th June and they mentioned my documents are not scanned yet.
Reached out to consulate in Atlanta on 13th June 2022.
Dont know if they expedited or not.
I received my passport today via FedEx along with my certificate.
Wow, you're quite lucky I think! We have similar timelines and my card was charged before yours.
What information did the Atlanta consulate take? Twice when I've tried the NY Consulate the same person says they can't help and I get told to go by land, lol.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Update: Spent 2 hours calling and finally got into the queue, waited for another 30 min for the real agent
The agent said they have already started processing my file and asked me to call the payment department to re-charging the fee
He also asked me for additional information for verification, and he said my passport will be sent out in July
I will be traveling back to Canada by ground transportation, so the agent gave me the number of the border agency to inquire about what documents I require for entering Canada
Probably I will not go through the emergency passport route, but thank you guys for all the tips!

Update: Spent 2 hours calling and finally got into the queue, waited for another 30 min for the real agent
The agent said they have already started processing my file and asked me to call the payment department to re-charging the fee
He also asked me for additional information for verification, and he said my passport will be sent out in July
I will be traveling back to Canada by ground transportation, so the agent gave me the number of the border agency to inquire about what documents I require for entering Canada
Probably I will not go through the emergency passport route, but thank you guys for all your help!
What's the CBSA number he gave you? Please keep us updated on the requirements. Thanks and good luck!

Ubonkan

Jun 20, 2022
Hi All,

Passport application timelines in the below format:
Applied September 5, 2022
AOR: Feb 05, 2021

Take the oat - Apr 20, 2022

- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received: waiting
- Citizenship Certificate Received: waiting

Thanks!

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
In case of the applicants who transferred their mail-in applications to a local office and got their passports from a local office; after how much time they received back their original citizenship certificate or did they get the certificate with the passport? Can anyone share their experience. Thanks

Arpana31

Dec 21, 2021
Wow, you're quite lucky I think! We have similar timelines and my card was charged before yours.
What information did the Atlanta consulate take? Twice when I've tried the NY Consulate the same person says they can't help and I get told to go by land, lol.
How can u cross border without passport ?
They asked bunch of questions like tracking number for package ,when was cc charged, why u need passport urgently, if it's for travel then date and countries you will be visiting

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
How can u cross border without passport ?
They asked bunch of questions like tracking number for package ,when was cc charged, why u need passport urgently, if it's for travel then date and countries you will be visiting
If you get to a border they have to let you in if you can prove your status. It’ll result in being taken to secondary screening ideally but should be doable. License, citizenship certificate copy etc.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront

Did they say why it was declined ?

Arpana31

Dec 21, 2021
If you get to a border they have to let you in if you can prove your status. It’ll result in being taken to secondary screening ideally but should be doable. License, citizenship certificate copy etc.
Oh thats nice to know.
Well I also gave one of the reason that I need to travel back to Canada due to my work
I still have a job in canada.

bishibashi

Jun 21, 2022
I just received a email from canada post with a tracking number, expected delivery on Thursday this week.
‘unusual to get a email from a government department on a Sunday night ?
don’t care, I will take it lol
Hi, I applied for my passport 3 days before your application. How do you know that a tracking number was created? I have a personal account with Canada Post. Is this how you get the notification?

Thanks!

bishibashi

Jun 21, 2022
Hi, I've only been lurking here all this time but the forum has been a great support to calm my anxiety from the bureaucratic nightmare.

- Application Sent: March 28th, 2022 (no travel date)
- Application Delivered: April 4, 2022
- CC Charged: April 27th and April 28th.
- Passport Printed: -
- Passport Tracking Details received: -
- Passport Received: -

I applied for an adult and a child passport (not renewal). I am on week 12 without new information. I tried calling them 6868 number around 100 times as soon as they are open but was directed to automated messages. I called the payment centre on June 14th and was given the file numbers. The operator says the application is still "in process". I have sent a couple of requests for information for the application and I have not received any response.

Schmeeberry

Jun 5, 2022
We are flying on July 22nd, still waiting on 2 kids passports that we sent on April 30th, received at Gatineau May 5th. Everything has been scanned in, payment has been taken. Do you think the passport office would be able to transfer the file and get the passports printed if I walked in without an appointment? My nearest office is Winnipeg.

zxa2322

Jun 21, 2022
My passport application delivered on May 10 at Gatineau but my card have not been charged is it normal? Any body have similar case?