+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

stella1004

Jun 19, 2022
Update: Spent 2 hours calling and finally got into the queue, waited for another 30 min for the real agent
The agent said they have already started processing my file and asked me to call the payment department to re-charging the fee
He also asked me for additional information for verification, and he said my passport will be sent out in July
I will be traveling back to Canada by ground transportation, so the agent gave me the number of the border agency to inquire about what documents I require for entering Canada
Probably I will not go through the emergency passport route, but thank you guys for all the tips!
Mailed in on May 15th from US but found my payment charge has been declined by the bank weeks ago
But the office did not return my application
Plan to travel back to Canada on June 30. Not sure what to do :(
Update: Spent 2 hours calling and finally got into the queue, waited for another 30 min for the real agent
The agent said they have already started processing my file and asked me to call the payment department to re-charging the fee
He also asked me for additional information for verification, and he said my passport will be sent out in July
I will be traveling back to Canada by ground transportation, so the agent gave me the number of the border agency to inquire about what documents I require for entering Canada
Probably I will not go through the emergency passport route, but thank you guys for all your help!

Arpana31

Dec 21, 2021
Mailed in on May 15th from US but found my payment charge has been declined by the bank weeks ago
But the office did not return my application
Plan to travel back to Canada on June 30. Not sure what to do :(
Hey reach out to consulate they can guide you.
They are very helpful

Arpana31

Dec 21, 2021
Update on my application. Received my passport today vis fedex.

Mailed application from TN, USA.
Sent- 17th May 2022
Received at Gatineau, Qc - 18th May 2022
Payment deducted - 24th may 2022
Contacted helpline as I have travel plans on 7th June and they mentioned my documents are not scanned yet.
Reached out to consulate in Atlanta on 13th June 2022.
Dont know if they expedited or not.
I received my passport today via FedEx along with my certificate.

Reactions: aacan

Rek291983

Jun 16, 2022
Update on my application. Received my passport today vis fedex.

Mailed application from TN, USA.
Sent- 17th May 2022
Received at Gatineau, Qc - 18th May 2022
Payment deducted - 24th may 2022
Contacted helpline as I have travel plans on 7th June and they mentioned my documents are not scanned yet.
Reached out to consulate in Atlanta on 13th June 2022.
Dont know if they expedited or not.
I received my passport today via FedEx along with my certificate.
Great!! Is this a passport renewal and did u get the BC and old passport? We are doing passport renewal for my 5 yr old..Today when I contacted they told I should receive it in 2 weeks.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hello All,

I plan to submit application in person and wish to collect in person too. To collect in person the webpage says i need to pay extra but where in the application form should I mention that I want to collect the passport
Fill out the application, mention the travel date on top right.
Bring the proof of travel with you along with required documents to the closest passport office in your city.
I assume you don’t have an appointment, so you will have to line up that can take several hours before an agent will serve you.
There you can request either for urgent or express pick up, one of the two is little cheaper, however some passport office may not offer the cheaper option.
Passport office accepts debit and credit but no cash.
Good luck!

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Probably I will not go through the emergency passport route, but thank you guys for all the tips!

Probably I will not go through the emergency passport route, but thank you guys for all your help!
Can you let us know what border services says when you call them ? Curious to know what else can be used to cross back into Canada via land border

Bingus

Jun 20, 2022
I sent in my application on the 13th of May and they received it on the 16th of May. They still haven't charged my CC and I'm travelling on the 28th of June. Any tips on what I should do? I've been calling their number numerous times with no answer. I've asked for a status report and no answer.

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Wow! Is it a renewal? That's so fast. I sent my application May 3, credit card was charged today, June 20. We will see how much longer it will take from here.
My application was received may 3 and charged on the 7th of June.

humerarehman

Jun 10, 2022
Got my passport Friday June 17.
Timeline
Received in Gatineau on May 5
Cc charged on June 9
Received June 17

(renewal)
Gosh you are Lucky, congrats! I still haven't received my child's passport (renewal) - I have exactly same timelines are you and same office Gatineau.

CLLC

Sep 15, 2020
Has anybody run into something like this?

I mailed in my application on March 28th and it's delivered on 30th. Credit card charged around the end of April then nothing happened.
My flight is this Saturday (June 25th) so I requested a file transfer on June 10th and I just got a call from an agent telling me my file transfer hasn't been completed and if I don't hear anything from them this week it means all good and I can pick it up on 24th, otherwise they will call and propose another date....

The agent didn't ask for credit card info or proof of travel - does it sound right? Other than just waiting till 24th what else can I do? Really want to avoid any last minute surprise... this is a really nerve-wrecking experience.

Jun 17, 2022
I sent in my application on the 13th of May and they received it on the 16th of May. They still haven't charged my CC and I'm travelling on the 28th of June. Any tips on what I should do? I've been calling their number numerous times with no answer. I've asked for a status report and no answer.
You will need to keep trying to call until you get through and get them to transfer your file to a local office

fotkifolkslove

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody run into something like this?

I mailed in my application on March 28th and it's delivered on 30th. Credit card charged around the end of April then nothing happened.
My flight is this Saturday (June 25th) so I requested a file transfer on June 10th and I just got a call from an agent telling me my file transfer hasn't been completed and if I don't hear anything from them this week it means all good and I can pick it up on 24th, otherwise they will call and propose another date....

The agent didn't ask for credit card info or proof of travel - does it sound right? Other than just waiting till 24th what else can I do? Really want to avoid any last minute surprise... this is a really nerve-wrecking experience.
Same date and timeline like yours i.e (March 29 to April 1 sent and delivered date). I requested a local transfer was declined. Now I called them today they said, something was updated to JULY 5 and that might be anticipated mail out date.

Now I am not sure if they are sending original documents along with new passport or just original documents with no passport.

Reactions: BuzzBuzz